Penalty for quitting games early

Community Discussion
Can we add a penalty for players who quit (rage quit) the games early, all game modes, in Hearthstone?? Before I left WoW years ago, I saw Blizzard add a penalty system for leaving a PvP game. Can we please implement the same thing here? Not only is it frustrating, but it adds an element to Hearthstone that makes it seems cheap and disposable. That might just be my opinion, but I know a fact is that people rage quit quite often in Hearthstone. Blizzard, hear our cries!
I often quit early, but it's not a rage quit, it's more of a "I know I can't win this match anymore and I don't have time to wait around" quit thing...

Remember, players don't get anything for losing a match, so why should we hang around and watch the loss? My schedule is limited enough as it is. I'd much rather skip ahead to play the next match in the hopes of winning.
Sometimes there are real-life reasons to quit early. I'd hate to penalize the person who happened to be playing Hearthstone when the phone rang with an important call, or their kid needed first-aid, etc.
10/13/2018 02:57 PMPosted by offdayjb
Can we add a penalty for players who quit

No, players shouldn't be forced to endure hopeless matches (Shudderwock Shaman) if they don't wish to.
Can we add a penalty for players who quit (rage quit) the games early, all game modes, in Hearthstone?? Before I left WoW years ago, I saw Blizzard add a penalty system for leaving a PvP game. Can we please implement the same thing here? Not only is it frustrating, but it adds an element to Hearthstone that makes it seems cheap and disposable. That might just be my opinion, but I know a fact is that people rage quit quite often in Hearthstone. Blizzard, hear our cries!

What you want are bots. We all want bots. Then the automatic programs can run itself vs us having to sit through the AI running its programs.

This way I wont rope you or just leave the game knowing how the pattern is going to go. Or that my gimped aggro deck isnt going to beat Priest, Shaman, Druid or Warrior. Its just not going to. Too gimped vs all the armor, heal and card that will be there by design turn 4 to end game.
Why would you want that?? Are pissed about an easy win??

Come on man.
I left WoW years ago

Did you rage quit?
Sorry got better things to do than stick around and watch you play out the rest of your netdeck.
You should be grateful they quit early. They could have gotten a really bad draw, which is pretty much an instant win for you anyway. They just saved you a bunch of time by quitting early.

I quit the moment I discover I am beat. I don't even care if you have one more card to play to beat me or even if you have already technically played the card. I will save us both the time, even just a few seconds, and concede right away.
If they just quit outright without conceding then yes there should be a penalty, if they concede properly then no there should not be.
if you quit it makes you lose the match, that is the penalty
and the other player gets a free win
I find that if an opponent has beaten me and has required face damage on board I will let them finish me off.

play a single extra card though and its a concede. I gave you opportunity. you tried to BM. done, over.
Why did you rage quit WoW? They should penalize you.
Yeah, the flip side is playing on after you know you are beaten ...... waste of time.
10/14/2018 04:13 PMPosted by Xedaza
Sorry got better things to do than stick around and watch you play out the rest of your netdeck.

no kidding, brain dead net deckers.
There's a level of satisfaction you can get by actually being the one who defeats the other player. There should at least be one mode in Hearthstone to allow for penalties on any type of early quit.
10/20/2018 07:33 PMPosted by offdayjb
There should at least be one mode in Hearthstone to allow for penalties on any type of early quit.

I agree, call it time waste mode.
People aren't your playthings dude. If they don't feel the game is going to be fun to finish or if they have a real life reason for quitting, they shouldn't be penalized.

I have heard this opinion a few times before and I always find it weird and creepy....
10/20/2018 07:33 PMPosted by offdayjb
There's a level of satisfaction you can get by actually being the one who defeats the other player. There should at least be one mode in Hearthstone to allow for penalties on any type of early quit.

there is some satisfaction, the problem is that many would abuse it with tons of bm, and of curse police it would be a nightmare
you get your prize on the win if your oponent concedes, that would have to be enough for now
Like what? You lose 1.5 stars?

The only reason people get penalized in WoW BGs is because you're screwing your team over and the person that enters the game to replace you.