Deathstalker Rexxar needs a NERF!

Community Discussion
Deathstalker Rexxar - needs to be nerfed.

Every single game i play versus Deathstalker Rexxar, i lose cuz my opponent creates the best combo minions back to back. I can have made a dominated the whole game. Rexxar keeps pumping out perfect minions. Stealth give every minion charge or the death rattle battle with poison 2 times ..3 times in a row. Echo rush or echo charge , The combo's are too rediculous. I can have played perfectly all game, put out a full board to let RNG screw me over 10 minions in a row with perfect answers. RNG shouldnt be able to dictate every aspect of how you win or lose. IF you face a counter deck (RNG), card drawn (RNG) , opponent draws (RNG), then you have cards with RNG effects (RNG), ability'S (RNG). What %%% is left for the skill of the player?

You start to see this is becoming an issue when you see the best pro players being stuck at rank 5 or 4 for 1 to 3 days playing 8 hours a day. Its completly illogical.
Yeah, need to know the pattern to crafting godlike zombies. I always get the poor monster choices when played against me - okay - thats godlike, and that one, that one too....

How do you always get Rhino Charge and Hydra Multi attack? I want those. How do you people always craft the best beasts? There has to be a pattern with the way everything else works with discover.

Side note. Kalimos the Primelord. Why not just say deal 6 damage to opposing hero? They get 4 choices to pick from and always get deal 6 damage.

i lose cuz my opponent creates the best combo minions back to back. I can have made a dominated the whole game.

If your opponent was able to cast Deathstalker Rexxar then you have not been dominating. If you are dominating your opponent then your opponent's plans are being disrupted. If you cannot disrupt your opponent's plans then, clearly, you are NOT dominating them.

Your problem is that you are failing to recognize what your opponents are thinking, failing to see where the opponent is coming from. All you see is your loss, that is all you see, your own perspective. And because all you can see is you, you might as well be blind.

From your perspective it looks like you are dominating. From your opponent's perspective you are playing right into his plan.

You ever seen this before? An opponent plays Deathstalker and they clear your board? Yeah, they set you up for that. They were in complete and utter control of your board and they cleared it. From there on out it was an uphill battle for you.
Start running prey..
10/14/2018 06:24 PMPosted by MetalX

i lose cuz my opponent creates the best combo minions back to back. I can have made a dominated the whole game.

If your opponent was able to cast Deathstalker Rexxar then you have not been dominating. If you are dominating your opponent then your opponent's plans are being disrupted. If you cannot disrupt your opponent's plans then, clearly, you are NOT dominating them.

Your problem is that you are failing to recognize what your opponents are thinking, failing to see where the opponent is coming from. All you see is your loss, that is all you see, your own perspective. And because all you can see is you, you might as well be blind.

From your perspective it looks like you are dominating. From your opponent's perspective you are playing right into his plan.

You ever seen this before? An opponent plays Deathstalker and they clear your board? Yeah, they set you up for that. They were in complete and utter control of your board and they cleared it. From there on out it was an uphill battle for you.

I agree. People who come and whine about certain cards/decks being OP (such as combo decks) fail to realize how much preparations go into setting up the combo in the first place.
I don't mind the zombeasts but I do believe that something should be done. Remove the AOE on turn 6 and I feel like it would be more balanced. You get basically a blizzard without the freeze, armor, and then the ability to pump out amazing beasts and it just continues to get worse as blizzard makes more beasts with things like lifesteal and cards like direbeast. The card is by far the strongest deathknight card and can be played earlier than any of the others. I have heard others complain about Jaina but at 9 mana she is balanced as you'll be hard pressed to do anything else. Moving Rexxar to 8 mana allowing him at turn 10 to then follow up with a single hero power or using 2 mana for something else feels much better. However with his rotation out coming soon we won't see any changes to him.
Agree.

Deathstalker rexxar is the worst offender along with jaina and guldan. The value they generate is so disgusting that most games are decided by where the DK is located in your deck.

The way things are going they might as well print a spell that tells you the location of your DK in your deck so you can both save time and surrender if it's in the lower half.
12/10/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Gumlak
Agree.

Deathstalker rexxar is the worst offender along with jaina and guldan. The value they generate is so disgusting that most games are decided by where the DK is located in your deck.

The way things are going they might as well print a spell that tells you the location of your DK in your deck so you can both save time and surrender if it's in the lower half.

Doesnt that mean that every other card is horrible and the class in general has a lot of bad cards and relies heavily on specific ones just to stay in a match?
He is really good, but I personally think he's not that op. There are some cards that are really overpowered and seriously needs nerfs like Frost Lich and Zul'jin, but I really don't think Deathstalker Rexxar is one of them.
Actually I agree. In any match where I am loosing against Secret Hunter or Spell Hunter, it is simply and only because of Deathhunter Rexxar. If you play against Hunter you have no possibility bringing this match in the late game because of the superstrong Zombeasts he create.

And late-game, fatigue, control or simply playing defensive need to be valid options in a balanced card game. Therefore this statement is complete nonsense imo:

[quote]Deathstalker Rexxar - needs to be nerfed.

If your opponent was able to cast Deathstalker Rexxar then you have not been dominating. If you are dominating your opponent then your opponent's plans are being disrupted...

I simply don´t want to have Odd Pala as only option against the current meta.

Now that Zul'jin is also here and has enormous power there need to be a fix for Deathhunter Rexxar. Limiting the type of minions it can create or put it at least up to 10 mana.
12/10/2018 09:12 AMPosted by Zlumpy
12/10/2018 09:01 AMPosted by Gumlak
Agree.

Doesnt that mean that every other card is horrible and the class in general has a lot of bad cards and relies heavily on specific ones just to stay in a match?

Yeah in the sense that I like to play control rather then aggro and in a control match the DKs are almost everything. No other card in my deck is close to the value of my DK guldan or DK jaina.

Even aggro decks can include a rexxar, guldan or hagatha and suddenly become a better control deck then me in some cases. It feels like control is dying because the value of keeping boardclears and high value cards are less impactful and important now that we have value generating machines like the DKs.
12/11/2018 07:50 AMPosted by Gumlak
12/10/2018 09:12 AMPosted by Zlumpy

Yeah in the sense that I like to play control rather then aggro and in a control match the DKs are almost everything. No other card in my deck is close to the value of my DK guldan or DK jaina.

Even aggro decks can include a rexxar, guldan or hagatha and suddenly become a better control deck then me in some cases. It feels like control is dying because the value of keeping boardclears and high value cards are less impactful and important now that we have value generating machines like the DKs.

I totally agree there. Personally I would rather hunter have gotten some better single time use cards that can actually keep them in a match. The whole hyper aggresive archetype focus was really annoying. When you look at most hunter cards by them selves they arent all that amazing. Rexxar adds the value to fight current high power classes and without it hunters would have no proper answer to control.

I agree rexxar is too strong but that was a direct result of the new beasts they added to the pool not the card itself. In fact during the frozen throne expansion rexxar was considered one of the worst deathknights. The current state of hunter is a direct result of bad design choices. The most viable non hero focused meta deck (DR hunter) relies heavily on neutrals as a win condition with a few niche hunter cards to keep it solid.

I mean look at cards like baited arrow. That is just too questionable of a card to be good. Tbh outside zuljin, master's call, and revenge (situationally good) did hunter get any cards considered actually good this expansion? And zuljin really isnt as amazing as people think. Without Rexxar it would just straight lose to control.

Long story short: While I agree that Rexxar is currently too strong for certain decks. Without emerald spell stone and DK what equivalant power cards does hunter have to every other classes overpowered cards?
Blizzard:
"Just wait it out until the next rotation. Patching balance updates costs money, and we need that money to keep our pockets lined with gold."
10/14/2018 06:24 PMPosted by MetalX

wow these fanboys ... how can you be so stupid ...
10/16/2018 07:01 AMPosted by DogeTheCat

I agree. People who come and whine about certain cards/decks being OP (such as combo decks) fail to realize how much preparations go into setting up the combo in the first place.

there is no big preparation ... you play rexxar and if you play against some kind of slow midrange deck ... you win ... rexxar is a terrible card ... unfair as hell ... almost every zombiebeast comes with lifesteal, poison etc. ... but it fits to this !@#$ty rng game with the worst balancing that i have ever seen ...
Rexxar is an RNG breeding ground. Some RNG should just never have been put into the game. Main reason for that RNG is so that new players don’t get overwhelmed by veterans. And for a bit of meme fun. Oh! And money. Wait scrap that. Just money. ;)
It needs to be nerfed to 9 or 10 mana. 6 mana is way too strong for a card that allows them to come back from certain defeat or allows them to simply out value control decks. Current Hunters depending on their draw can be aggro, mid-range, or control. That is a huge problem.

Personally, I cannot wait until the DKs rotate out. Great concept but clearly not enough foresight into net-decking possibilities.
Rexxar needs nerfed, PERIOD!

Nothing new can survive this plague of hunters. Admit it, it's wayyyy worse than the druids
If they nurf hunters Dk by increasing the cost then they also need to nurf mage and warlock Dk while buffing paladins.
Mage:change the minion
Warlock hero power can't target heros
Paladins hero power costs 1 less or change the summon minions stats and give them abiltys. Ie taunt divine adj+1+1 deathrattle: put minion in your hand can't be summoned with hero power
12/28/2018 05:32 PMPosted by FireGhouL
If they nurf hunters Dk by increasing the cost then they also need to nurf mage and warlock Dk while buffing paladins.
Mage:change the minion
Warlock hero power can't target heros
Paladins hero power costs 1 less or change the summon minions stats and give them abiltys. Ie taunt divine adj+1+1 deathrattle: put minion in your hand can't be summoned with hero power

The problem isn't the hero power it's the mana cost of the DK. Which is why all those others are properly balanced.

There's very little you can do against it: aggro or fast decks get wrecked by that 2dmg aoe. And control just can't outvalue that hero power regardless of which DK it is. And the fact that it can almost always be found by turn 6 with tracking, and then played on turn 6 means the hunter is almost always playing from a place of power by turn 6 on.

And I kinda get it - the only way Blizz was going to make hunter anything other than "all aggro, all the time" was to give it unbalanced control tools. But between this, and candleshot, and flanking strike, they just went too far. There's a reason it's all you see on ladder.