Deathstalker Rexxar needs a NERF!

Community Discussion
10/14/2018 06:24 PMPosted by MetalX

If your opponent was able to cast Deathstalker Rexxar then you have not been dominating. If you are dominating your opponent then your opponent's plans are being disrupted. If you cannot disrupt your opponent's plans then, clearly, you are NOT dominating them.

Your problem is that you are failing to recognize what your opponents are thinking, failing to see where the opponent is coming from. All you see is your loss, that is all you see, your own perspective. And because all you can see is you, you might as well be blind.

From your perspective it looks like you are dominating. From your opponent's perspective you are playing right into his plan.

You ever seen this before? An opponent plays Deathstalker and they clear your board? Yeah, they set you up for that. They were in complete and utter control of your board and they cleared it. From there on out it was an uphill battle for you.

wow these fanboys ... how can you be so stupid ...

Not stupid as much as trying, and failing so, so badly, to be intellectual.
There's alot more than Rexxar that needs to be nerfed in Hunter. Half of hunter players will quit if hunter gets a nerf because they'll wonder why they cant get past rank 15 when they were rank 5.
7 hunters in a row on ladder. A new record for me. Well done Blizzard, well done...
But there's nothing wrong at all with the class. Nope. Not a bit.
That’s really funny to see all that arguments back to the topic starting. Highly downwoted TS post. And now, after the “fall of the druid” hunter is free. Egg hunter, recruit hunter, spell hunter, Subject 9 hunter, mid hunter, sometimes even face hunter. So now all of that arguments looks very poor, isn’t it? Because it can beat the control mage, odd control warrior and even quest priest(!). My last opponent played 5 lifesteal beasts in a row. He also played 3 raptors to increase his fatigue. I was on a quest priest and I spend every single board clear and it wasn’t enough. :-)
That’s not fair that one card gives you an infinity resources so you can beat the pure control deck on a spell hunter.
Also it’s not fun when you play versus one deck 5-6 times in a row.
10/13/2018 03:21 PMPosted by Jadenx
Deathstalker Rexxar - needs to be nerfed.

Every single game i play versus Deathstalker Rexxar, i lose cuz my opponent creates the best combo minions back to back. I can have made a dominated the whole game. Rexxar keeps pumping out perfect minions. Stealth give every minion charge or the death rattle battle with poison 2 times ..3 times in a row. Echo rush or echo charge , The combo's are too rediculous. I can have played perfectly all game, put out a full board to let RNG screw me over 10 minions in a row with perfect answers. RNG shouldnt be able to dictate every aspect of how you win or lose. IF you face a counter deck (RNG), card drawn (RNG) , opponent draws (RNG), then you have cards with RNG effects (RNG), ability'S (RNG). What %%% is left for the skill of the player?

You start to see this is becoming an issue when you see the best pro players being stuck at rank 5 or 4 for 1 to 3 days playing 8 hours a day. Its completly illogical.

He's only just become good lol get a grip
Should've made Rexxar hero power cost 3 or 4 mana. That would balance EVERYTHING out with Hunter imo.

The only time I lose to any Hunter is when they play this card and that's only if I haven't taken half their life by turn 5. The card is unreasonable in the face of any other card in the game.
Yes, I have been playing against nothing but hunter/warlock. Sometimes rouge and pally and shaman but those are honestly uncommon. I have fought vs 1 priest and 1 OTK druid(who left me with 1 hp allowing me to kill him). No warriors, no mages.

I returned back from when ungoro launched using an upgraded version of my olde home brewed priest deck. So far its getting me about 70% winrate. It all depends on my card draw. The only decks I get by the skin of my teeth are discard warlock and DK hunter. I honestly have more of a problem with discard warlock because of there no longer being a loss od card value. Discarding is literally buffing the deck as it goes which baffles me because discard used to be a risky-reward thing. Tossing out a powerful cheep spell at the cost of a random card.

But yeah back on subject of the DK hunter, idk it really depends on my card draw. If I can fetch my early combos its gg for them, but if I get cursed with the "no cards until turn 4" then its gg for me lol.
I consistently beat Deathstalker Rexxar with odd dragon warrior and I think Deathstalker Rexxar needs to be nerfed. Card is dumb af.
Deathstalker Rexxar - needs to be nerfed.

i lose cuz my opponent creates the best combo minions back to back. I can have made a dominated the whole game.

If your opponent was able to cast Deathstalker Rexxar then you have not been dominating. If you are dominating your opponent then your opponent's plans are being disrupted. If you cannot disrupt your opponent's plans then, clearly, you are NOT dominating them.

Your problem is that you are failing to recognize what your opponents are thinking, failing to see where the opponent is coming from. All you see is your loss, that is all you see, your own perspective. And because all you can see is you, you might as well be blind.

From your perspective it looks like you are dominating. From your opponent's perspective you are playing right into his plan.

You ever seen this before? An opponent plays Deathstalker and they clear your board? Yeah, they set you up for that. They were in complete and utter control of your board and they cleared it. From there on out it was an uphill battle for you.

Seriously, mate. This isn't chess. It's RNG fest Hearthstone, ffs. There is no such thing as a carefully crafted plan when it comes to huntards. It's just plain and simple face cancer.

I agree. People who come and whine about certain cards/decks being OP (such as combo decks) fail to realize how much preparations go into setting up the combo in the first place.

Please tell me, oh mighty HS mogul? What combo exactly? Are you actually trying to make me believe face huntard is hard to play?
If im not mistaken rotation in one month will fix hunters imbalance for sure. No dk rexar, no more play dead, zuljin would be unplayable until late next year considering the card pool would not have enough spells to support him with spellstone combo.

I think it is good in a card game to have some powerful legendaries, some not so... otherwise what would it matter what pack you bought or what you pulled from said pack. Dk rexar im sure provided some fun for those using it and if you truly hate the control archetype counter it or move on and accept you didnt craft meaningful legendaries if it is a matter of deck inferiority.

He might even be looking at hall of fame if hes to big for wild imo.