This brawl is fun. Brawls are fun.

Tavern Brawl Discussion
I see a lot of hate against this brawl, calling it a coin-flip.

On the ladder a lot of people play out their boring, unoriginal (semi-)netdecks. Isn't that a coin flip, getting your cards in the right order, knowing exactly what steps to take?

Brawls however have some nice, different approaches, forcing people to actually use their brain, to adapt to the circumstances with unusual cards and build up a strategy out of scratch.

Sure, I'm not blind for coin-flips and some classes and cards being much better in some brawls, but come on. And the devs are learning. Lately I see brawls where some cards can't be used.

Having the brawls is refreshing, so don't complain to hard about them. I hope they'll keep making them.

Edit: Brawliseum is the disgusting exception
It's my all time favorite brawl.
Simplistic minds are easily amused.
11/01/2018 10:13 AMPosted by CrazyIntent

So that's why you're always amused.
This one has a lot of potential for fun matches. The problem people are running into is that by turn 5 they have been given crap while their opponent has gotten some amazing curve synergy picks. That kills the fun for a lot of people. Best option when that happens is just concede and move on. The matches where both players get fun picks can lead to really good back and forth games.

Granted I think some cards shouldnt have been options in this one like any of the DK's. I mean if the dks are available why not have the quests available?
11/01/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Zlumpy
This one has a lot of potential for fun matches. The problem people are running into is that by turn 5 they have been given crap while their opponent has gotten some amazing curve synergy picks. That kills the fun for a lot of people. Best option when that happens is just concede and move on. The matches where both players get fun picks can lead to really good back and forth games.

Granted I think some cards shouldnt have been options in this one like any of the DK's. I mean if the dks are available why not have the quests available?

Yep. Coin flip I got a powerful card early = I win.
Coin flip I got jack so I stuck with Chickens and plus 1's = loss

Repeat by turn 3 or 5.

They should just do a Tavern Brawl - "Call It" - heads you win tails you lose match is over.
11/01/2018 03:53 PMPosted by Zlumpy

Because DKs will almost always be picked while quests are very likely never to be picked except for Rogue. DKs can be played in almost any deck. Quests need particular cards like deathrattles or big minions or something like that. And then Rogue quest would simply be completely broken with the cards in the deck cycling through so quickly and being able to play so many of those little birds.
11/01/2018 06:45 PMPosted by DuckOfDeath

Because DKs will almost always be picked while quests are very likely never to be picked except for Rogue. DKs can be played in almost any deck. Quests need particular cards like deathrattles or big minions or something like that. And then Rogue quest would simply be completely broken with the cards in the deck cycling through so quickly and being able to play so many of those little birds.

Mage quest even more so than rogue--mage is repeatable. Actually--rogue is the only one I can think of that repeating would be worthless. But mage would be instant success because all your cards would count.
Playing a number of Brawls just to try and do a daily of win one game as X

One player ends up getting a card on turn 1 that gives + to attack - not the lame +1 chicken one but something +3. Say Paladin +3 might cost 1
The other player gets some lame card to pick from 3 cards as others cost too high to anything about the face smash coming.

The next turn the player who was given the win on turn one gets a card that allows summoning of multiple minions for his now +3 attacks again. Use one of my coins and play Violet Mage to go with my +3 might spell casting

The other player gets more choices of minions that cost way too much to deal with the soon to be over game or they can throw chickens of they like.

Hearthstone - one gets handed the win the other just watches his opponent play Solitaire.
11/01/2018 03:35 PMPosted by Hephaestus

Ohhh.. Did you think of that on your own or did you have to google it first?
I just don't see how having DKs included in this particular brawl is balanced or fair, since the whole point of this brawl is that you just keep cycling through your ever-growing deck.
I played 6 games as Druid, never once got option for Malfurion. In those 6 games I played against 4 druids and 2 warriors....ALL of whom got DK cards...meaning they could just keep playing their DK over and over for massive armor gain and weapon/taunts.
This is fun and interactive?
If every player was given their class DK in opening hand, it would at least be fair, but still utterly ridiculous.
Suuuuuuure. Coin flip.

This is as close to skill factor being the most significant decider as this game has ever been.
I just like not playing/competing against OTK decks. I prefer the turn-based strategy of this brawl much more than ladder play.
11/02/2018 11:40 PMPosted by CrazyIntent

Ohhh.. Did you think of that on your own or did you have to google it first?

Message deployed on autopilot.
I greatly prefer TB to facing the same few rotating meta decks ova and ova by players who've spent more $ on cards than I do on clothes.
Had to make an edit of my post. This weeks Brawliseum is disgusting. All kinds of try hard net decks from people, desperately trying to make 2 or 3 wins.

Brawliseum lacks everything positive I think a normal brawl has. No new interesting ways to play, no twisted system, just a boring heap of crap!@#$. A good reminder why I haven't bothered for a long period to rank up.

It just doesn't belong in Tavern Brawls.
12/08/2018 03:05 AMPosted by hyena3000
Had to make an edit of my post. This weeks Brawliseum is disgusting. All kinds of try hard net decks from people, desperately trying to make 2 or 3 wins.

Brawliseum lacks everything positive I think a normal brawl has. No new interesting ways to play, no twisted system, just a boring heap of crap!@#$. A good reminder why I haven't bothered for a long period to rank up.

It just doesn't belong in Tavern Brawls.

You know this thread was talking about a different brawl right? Originally had nothing to do with brawliseum.
12/08/2018 02:58 PMPosted by Zlumpy

You know this thread was talking about a different brawl right? Originally had nothing to do with brawliseum.

As op-er ikr.

People complained about that one and other brawls and I wrote I like the brawls because they are different from the normal ranked and casual games, although sometimes unbalanced.

I totally forgot about the regular brawliseum, which, except for its reward, isn't fun at all. Just ranked play in extremis.