Will Pirate Rogue be a thing?

Play Mode Discussion
Title.

Extrapolation: Rogue has a great ability to create an overwhelming amount of tempo. Pirate Rogue used to be a thing, Patches made it meta, the removal Patches makes it again "a thing". Now it's getting support. Not Patches tier, but still decent. In this current meta, most decks are slow to respond or just don't want to bother. Decks like combo Priest, most druids, Thun or combobreaker Warlock, or Quest Rogue really don't want to interact with you. They want to mind their own business. And Rogue can Prep a Cannon Barrage making it effectively "3 mana: Cannon Barrage. Discard a Preparation from your hand. Deal 3 damage to a random enemy for each Pirate you control."

in my mind, a few good low cost or sticky Pirate cards could make Pirate Rogue way beyond bonkers. Unlike the entirely random Thief Rogue, I do plan to try Pirate when RR comes out. But I really do want to know what others think of this. Do you think this can become the new tempo rogue deck?
Hopefully is at least pleyable yet not broken like murlock pally or pirate warrior
I think Cannon Barrage has a lot of potential to be a finisher, so the deck has hope.

Although if it does become a thing, I will absolutely loathe it.
If it does I hope a lot of its power will come from good 2 drops instead of having to rely on Keleseth highrolls or being an odd deck.
I've been trying not to let my hopes up just in case it doesn't happen

but I'm surely hyped for it, specially if it means the return of the so called degenerate aggro -meta needs a shake up and this one could actually do it
11/08/2018 09:38 PMPosted by RhokDelar

but I'm surely hyped for it, specially if it means the return of the so called degenerate aggro -meta needs a shake up and this one could actually do it

Yikes....degenerate aggro? Careful what you wish for! A meta shake up is a good thing but we really don’t need Pirate Warrior 2.0. At least I don’t think. If the deck is viable I Hope it’s more midrange style and doesn’t have you dead by turn 3 or some nonsense.
11/09/2018 02:21 AMPosted by Mikey
11/08/2018 09:38 PMPosted by RhokDelar

Yikes....degenerate aggro? Careful what you wish for! A meta shake up is a good thing but we really don’t need Pirate Warrior 2.0. At least I don’t think. If the deck is viable I Hope it’s more midrange style and doesn’t have you dead by turn 3 or some nonsense.

PW was as oppressive as it was due to Charge Patches and 2 Mana Fiery Win Axe. You could get some stupidly explosive starts and even a slow start was worthy of being an aggro start.
Cannon barrage is standard weak but there could be some setup u play a couple 1 cost pirates, 0 cost from deadly poison weapon dread, patches and prep it and have ship cannon on board and destroy ppl in wild
11/09/2018 02:21 AMPosted by Mikey

so called degenerate aggro* which is the name people give to true aggro decks here, but it has to be powerful enough to be able to withstand against current control walls

i'm all up for a flood/swarm deck that deletes the opponent with a prep cannon barrage before the start of midgame -yeah, call me an a-hole, but I miss the old aggro (specially for rank+gold farming)
I do think we need an aggro deck this kind of aggro deck to work. One because its new. Two because Odd Pally and Odd Rogue are really boring zzzz. They've been around for too long.