Sylvanas Frost Lich Jaina interaction bug

Bug Report
I was in a game with nothing on my side of the board and their Sylvanas had only 1 hp left. I used my hero power on the Sylvanas killing it.

My water elemental was created and then Sylvanas' ability was triggered.

Shouldn't the deathrattle trigger before water elemental is generated?
11/24/2018 03:14 AMPosted by Maximara
Nope.
11/24/2018 03:14 AMPosted by Maximara

What rule are you basing that on?
According to the Gamepedia website (not Blizzard affiliated):
Deathrattles and death-related effects take place after damage has been exchanged and minions/weapons have been destroyed and removed from the board. This prevents Deathrattles from acting upon other minions which were destroyed in the same combat. (...)

https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Deathrattle

So yeah, Sylvanas should die, the hero power activates its second phase (spawning a water elemental), then, after the minion has been removed, Deathrattle happens.
11/24/2018 08:35 AMPosted by Rhasimir
According to the Gamepedia website (not Blizzard affiliated):
Deathrattles and death-related effects take place after damage has been exchanged and minions/weapons have been destroyed and removed from the board. This prevents Deathrattles from acting upon other minions which were destroyed in the same combat. (...)

https://hearthstone.gamepedia.com/Deathrattle

So yeah, Sylvanas should die, the hero power activates its second phase (spawning a water elemental), then, after the minion has been removed, Deathrattle happens.

The passage is regarding minions destroyed and removed not created. Sylvanas dies, deathrattle should resolve and then water elemental is generated.
The minion creation is part of the FLJ hero power. In general (and with only a very few exceptions), effects are first FULLY processed, before the game even starts to process characters that died as a result of the effect.
So the order is:
1. Deal 1 damage
2. Observe minion is now "mortally wounded" (ie will be removed during death processing) --> spawn Water Elemental if board space is available
3. Start actual death processing. find all "mortally wounded" characters, remove their bodies, and add their deathrattles to a queue (using order they were played to determine order on that queue).
4. Process deathrattles from the queue. This can result in additional death processing phases.

Please note that the bug report forum is not intended for either clarification, nor discussion of rules and game mechanics. If you suspect a bug, post here. If you don't understand an interaction, or if you think it's unfair or unfun and should be changed. posting in e.g. the Play Mode Discussion forum would be a better choice.