Remove Druid Class

Play Mode Discussion
Every single meta has had a competitive if not tier 0 druid deck. From the og force of nature + savage roar to jade druid to malygos to star aligner to mechathun and togwaggle druid has always been a top tier option.
Why give one class mana ramp and no other classes a way to combat that? Why give them armor gain when that was clearly warrior's thing? Why give them cards that draw, build board and clear all at the same time?
More importantly, how does no one see this as a problem for the game.

If that weren't enough, Druid takes very little skill to pilot. I have a friend who first climbed to legend with the savage roar druid deck and constantly reminds me how he's a !@#$ter but that deck was free as hell.

Its just insane how yall create a combo meta the moment dirty rat is rotated. Where are my neutral hand disruption cards?
How can I combat something like druid because anytime I try to rush them down, I get hit with a turn 4, 5 or 6 spreading plague that effectively heals for 25+ health and they drop a free 4/4. If I try to go late with a control deck they one shot me while sitting at 50+ health. Not really sure what the point is in making powerful easy to play decks. It removes any semblance of skill that was in hearthstone (although that was already minimal to begin with).
Yes, Druid is @$$, we know.
Facts are not the friends of the Druid Whiners.

https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-113/

Math, logic, facts, and data prove conclusively that Druids are not Tier 0, or even Tier 1. The first Druid deck is Token Druid which doesn't show up until the middle of Tier 2 with a strictly pedestrian 51% win rate with Togg/Cthun and Malygos down near the bottom of T2. Moreover, there have been multiple times in the past when Druids were not particularly good performers such as during BRM, TGT, Mean Streets, post-nerf FT, etc... The claims that Druids have "always" been dominant are nothing but salty nonsense. Druids have not been "awful" very often, but they certainly haven't always been great.

Why give one class mana ramp and no other classes a way to combat that?

What's to 'combat'? Mana ramp combats itself because it's only half a strength while being half a weakness. Ramp loads up the deck with cards that are only conditionally useful. Druids have to give up turns 1-4 to ramp, which gives a huge opening to aggression. Ramp drains the hand and gives up tempo. Ramp is extremely draw dependent. Ramp's window of 'value' only exists between turns 4 and 7, after which point it is no advantage at all.

Your problem is that your bias only lets you see advantages while ignoring the weaknesses. Put together a Druid deck with nothing but ramp and vanilla into it and then play some games. You'll quickly learn that ramping is hardly wine and roses.

Why give them armor gain when that was clearly warrior's thing?

Why give Paladins, Shaman, and Rogues weapons when that's a Warrior's thing?
Why give Priests, Rogues, and Shaman direct damage spells when that's a Mage's thing?
Why give Rogues, Shaman, and Paladins healing when that's a Priest's thing?

Maybe because classes have multiple mechanics and no one class has an exclusive right to any one 'thing'?

Why give them cards that draw, build board and clear all at the same time?

You say "cards" but there's only one card that does all of this at once, and it costs 10 mana ... and it only 'clears' one target and only 'builds' one minion on the board.

Probably because there isn't a problem except in the minds of those who have incorrect opinions.

Druid takes very little skill to pilot.

Put together Malygos Druid, play 20 matches, and then come back with the HSReplays so we can see how little skill it takes.

TLDR: Druids are middle of the road (at best). Any player who can't defeat Druids on a regular basis are either using badly designed decks or they're playing badly.
11/26/2018 03:04 PMPosted by TheRiddler
Facts are not the friends of the Druid Whiners.

https://www.vicioussyndicate.com/vs-data-reaper-report-113/

Math, logic, facts, and data prove conclusively that Druids are not Tier 0, or even Tier 1. The first Druid deck is Token Druid which doesn't show up until the middle of Tier 2 with a strictly pedestrian 51% win rate with Togg/Cthun and Malygos down near the bottom of T2. Moreover, there have been multiple times in the past when Druids were not particularly good performers such as during BRM, TGT, Mean Streets, post-nerf FT, etc... The claims that Druids have "always" been dominant are nothing but salty nonsense. Druids have not been "awful" very often, but they certainly haven't always been great.

Why give one class mana ramp and no other classes a way to combat that?

What's to 'combat'? Mana ramp combats itself because it's only half a strength while being half a weakness. Ramp loads up the deck with cards that are only conditionally useful. Druids have to give up turns 1-4 to ramp, which gives a huge opening to aggression. Ramp drains the hand and gives up tempo. Ramp is extremely draw dependent. Ramp's window of 'value' only exists between turns 4 and 7, after which point it is no advantage at all.

Your problem is that your bias only lets you see advantages while ignoring the weaknesses. Put together a Druid deck with nothing but ramp and vanilla into it and then play some games. You'll quickly learn that ramping is hardly wine and roses.

Why give them armor gain when that was clearly warrior's thing?

Why give Paladins, Shaman, and Rogues weapons when that's a Warrior's thing?
Why give Priests, Rogues, and Shaman direct damage spells when that's a Mage's thing?
Why give Rogues, Shaman, and Paladins healing when that's a Priest's thing?

Maybe because classes have multiple mechanics and no one class has an exclusive right to any one 'thing'?

Why give them cards that draw, build board and clear all at the same time?

You say "cards" but there's only one card that does all of this at once, and it costs 10 mana ... and it only 'clears' one target and only 'builds' one minion on the board.

Probably because there isn't a problem except in the minds of those who have incorrect opinions.

Druid takes very little skill to pilot.

Put together Malygos Druid, play 20 matches, and then come back with the HSReplays so we can see how little skill it takes.

TLDR: Druids are middle of the road (at best). Any player who can't defeat Druids on a regular basis are either using badly designed decks or they're playing badly.

This entire post speaks the truth. I hate facing off against current Druid decks as much as the next player, but Druid is far from mechanically broken or oppressive.
Well they certainly removed the druid class after looking at the recent card reveals.
11/26/2018 03:17 PMPosted by MrPenguini
Well they certainly removed the druid class after looking at the recent card reveals.

People said the same thing after Witchwood's spoilers, and the class still came out with Taunt Druid and Spiteful Druid as serious competitive decks. Not to say that Druid didn't get the shaft this time around, but I'm sure Druid players will find a way to stay competitive.
Druid is obnoxious, but far from impossible to deal with right now.
11/26/2018 03:19 PMPosted by InfinityMin1
11/26/2018 03:17 PMPosted by MrPenguini

People said the same thing after Witchwood's spoilers, and the class still came out with Taunt Druid and Spiteful Druid as serious competitive decks. Not to say that Druid didn't get the shaft this time around, but I'm sure Druid players will find a way to stay competitive.

Its always doom and gloom during an expac reveal. Either the expac is too bad to really use or too good and people scream power creep. I am part of that crowd at times when it came to cards like melon.
No Druid deck in the tier 1 brackets for months now, yet still endless whining and moaning about the class.

Am I the only one who has noticed that the majority of whiners complaining about druid are aggro players?
Could it be because mindless aggro is what Druid excels at shutting down?
God forbid that the auto pilot aggro decks can't just run over everything. Any class that dares to stand up to their 'no skilled required' approach must be OP.
Another unwarranted whine thread for a class :(
I hate facing off against current Druid decks as much as the next player, but Druid is far from mechanically broken or oppressive.

This is fairly spoken. I can understand how some people may not particularly "like" facing off against a Druid. Not everyone likes the same play-styles, and so you're not always going to run up against cards, decks, and classes that you "like".

As long as the complaining acknowledges that their whining is a "like / don't like" thing, then that's fine. The problem is when the whiners try to justify their whining with ridiculous hyperbole about the things they dislike being "OP" or "a problem". That's when they cross the boundary into Scrub-Town.

After all - everyone's got things they like vs. dislike. I totally get that a guy who faces off against a Druid ... pounds the Druid's face in for 4+ turns to the point where he thinks he's got the game in the bag ... but then pops a gasket when the Druid casts a Spreading Plague and armors up with only 4 health left and goes on to win the game.

Frustrating? Yeah. Probably just as frustrating as the Druid getting his face pounded for 4+ turns and losing to bad draw. Or as frustrating as a Burgle Rogue winning the game with random 1-cost cards. Or as frustrating as a Mage with a board full of life-stealing elementals. Yadda yadda yadda.

The point is that CCGs are games where (gasp!) it's the other player's job to annoy and frustrate you by ... you know ... NOT JUST LETTING YOU WIN. Other players trying to win is supposed to frustrate you. That's kind of the point.
uhhhh have you seen their card reveals? Its all garbage.
I'm definitely not a huge fan of druid always being OP either but you are making crazy statements. Druids in WoW can literally play every roll. Healing, Tanking, DPS... two different ways. As far as "class Identity" in hearthstone they should be able to do pretty much anything they want. Why is it always so OP? Probably for that reason alone. The force/roar days were just BS... Jade was extremely oppressive... plague and infestation... come on...

I don't believe this expansion gave druid any insanity that it usually does, which is a good thing. Problem with that is all cards are still in standard for a few months. After that druid may go away for a while. At least my fingers are crossed.
The difference between now and say 6 weeks ago with Druid wouldn’t be power level but how many players are playing the class.

After the nerfs most players gravitated over to Druid because on paper it was the most consistent class for climbing and that hasn’t changed too much since then. It’s still the most consistent class overall because of all the ramp and card draw....

The change comes from players getting bored of the Druid shell. Besides Token if you want to play Druid the chances are you’ve played with 20 of the cards in all the other Druid decks 100s of times.

With also the fact that other decks can be just as successful.
For me this just looks like the player base trying other decks and classes because Druids pretty boring and not so invincible as a lot of us thought.

I still maintain that Spreading Plauge doesn’t fit into the Druid Class identity but that’s just me.
Quest Druid is the Best Druid.
wow

thats a looong list lies he had to come up with
Quest Druid is the Best Druid.

Truth. Love my Jungle Druid deck.
Yea well if they printed more obnoxious druid cards this upcoming expansion it would probably drive even more players away. Thank God they had the foresight to not do so.
i think people asked for every single class to be removed by now .....