A control aggro mix in a deck

Play Mode Discussion
I've been toying with this concept for a while. Altho i haven't really used my version of this concept. I was wondering on everyones opinion as to if it could be done or if its just pushing a barrel up hill lol. Seems a few classes could really benefit from a strong aggro presence with enough late game thrown in to really just keep punishing the opponent.
That's called midrange.
But it is not very popular nowadays because of the combo archetype. However Even shaman is top tier and a midrange deck.
That sounds a lot like a Midrange deck, as Coud mentioned above. The idea behind the archetype is that, against Control/Combo (or other slow decks) you act aggressive and try to damage your opponent out, while against Face/Aggro decks you try to control the board and stabilize. The most successful Midrange deck atm is Even Shaman, though Even Warlock, Cube Hunter, and even recent Cube Rogue decks are all fairly successful.
11/15/2018 03:45 PMPosted by Coud
That's called midrange.
But it is not very popular nowadays because of the combo archetype. However Even shaman is top tier and a midrange deck.

This is midrange, yes, but to the rest - what? What exactly do you call a deck that curves to 7-8 with a variety of value-extending tools that primarily relies on board presence to win games? That describes nearly half of the current meta.
I see haha well duh to me lol. I've been playing long enough i should have known that. I have been toying with a mid range mage. However, I feel like that may be a weak deck but maybe with a baku upgrade could be worth it. My goal is to try and climb the ladder now that I have the time to do so. Mage is one of my main three and I'm set on getting least to rank 10 with it. Does anyone think a mid range mage would be a decent deck. Right now my Allana Control Mage does a great job I just find it slow against a lot of decks and if you don't get the right draw at the right time your screwed.
Baku Mage struggles with tempo because of awkward turn 2 and 4 plays and the class offering few strong turn 1 plays. The removal for a Baku Mage is passable, but you almost get more threats out of a BSM than a Baku Mage.