Rogues and rastakhan

Play Mode Discussion
Obligatory pre-release 'Rogues are getting garbage' thread, woo hoo, bingo!
Decks for the new expansion:
Deathrattle Rogue - now with Da Undatakah
Even Pirate Rogue - Made possible with this expansion
Academic Miracle Rogue - no real changes here
Elemental Shark Rogue - This probably won't be good, but Spirit of the Shark will double the battlecry effects of elementals. There's a lot of good battlecry effects to work with.
11/26/2018 08:30 AMPosted by Daikaze
Decks for the new expansion:
Deathrattle Rogue - now with Da Undatakah
Even Pirate Rogue - Made possible with this expansion
Academic Miracle Rogue - no real changes here
Elemental Shark Rogue - This probably won't be good, but Spirit of the Shark will double the battlecry effects of elementals. There's a lot of good battlecry effects to work with.

Borderline tier 2 at best

and Borderline tier 2 at best

The rogue cards are disappointing, no point in denying that
These new pirate rogue decks will all have the same problem Odd Rogue has... extremely vulnerable to even a half decent board clear, and have nothing else to offer during midrange or late game, once that board clear happens.

Step 1: wait for Rogue to put up at least 3 pirates
Step 2: AoE clear before Rogue uses Barrage
Step 3: win

Yawn
Gral is awfull no matter how you look at it but most of the loa look very meh so far, except maybe the Mage's get a Rag on demand and the warlock's bat, but warlock can and will pummel you to the ground before needing to buff it and wait to fill the board and we're still missing the toad and the hunter one.

Hooktusk ... yeah the dream is dead, unless the missing rare and the 2 commons are semi good stand alone mid sized pirates, it should cost 6 IMO and before I get a million downvotes yes it tuttors but if the demo video that toast showed on the reveal is the best case scenario of a board they can come up for her effect, sorry to tell you but not gonna happend matees, again the dream is super dead.

Hypemon seems like the obligatory meme epic we always get and at least an excuse for 3 expansions (counting this one) worth of lame greedy legendaries.

Walk the plank, god I miss my sinister strike evrytime I see this, is not terrible but again do we need more single target removal? in a game that is pretty much ruled by flood the board decks and combo decks that benefit from you removing their big things? blade flurry should go back to 2 mana with the current effect,(they can erase kingsbane for all I care) but god forbid they use common sense for once.
11/26/2018 08:50 AMPosted by Katanaswing

Tier 2 is indicative of a good deck...

11/26/2018 08:56 AMPosted by Katanaswing
These new pirate rogue decks will all have the same problem Odd Rogue has...

If only [insert favourite deck here] had the same problem as Odd Rogue...

I'm excited for rogue. I wanna play even pirate rogue.

Y'all be hatin
11/26/2018 02:26 AMPosted by Jezq
Obligatory pre-release 'Rogues are getting garbage' thread, woo hoo, bingo!

Noone said rogues will suck. But seeing every class get cool new cards and gameplay options each expansion while rogues get pigeonholed into this "play aggro or abuse a cheap gimmick" way of life is really dissapointing.
Like common, is there really nothing rogues could do well except play aggro or very polaryzing decks like kingsbane and quest rogue where win or loss is entirely decided by matchup ?

What about some spider rogue ? We had some cards in the past like anub arak, beneath the grounds, more recently fal dorei strider why not explore that sort of thing ?
Or poison rogue where you can poison minions or something
Or some "active" steal archetype with more cards like trade prince gallywix

The possibilities are endless, it doesn't need to be meta breaking but just SOMETHING that is a little bit different.
Why did this get downvoted so much ? He is kind of right, the new rogue cards are meh
But Rogue is getting garbage..... Let's not think otherwise...