Tavern Brawl - what are they thinking?

Play Mode Discussion
Serious question here: What is Blizzard thinking when they release Tavern Brawls - does someone actually test these? Every TB in which you can build your "own" deck totally defeats the purpose because in the end everyone is still running the exact same thing.
Take this weeks brawl as an example: Take an extra turn every turn. Ok so what deck in the current meta floods the board and tries to win as fast as possible? You are correct guys and gals: Heallock. And sure enough, everyone seems to be playing heal-lock.
The same thing is happening to EVERY single build-your-deck brawl the problem being that it seems as if they don't even test those. Most often when I read the Brawl's rules some totally busted synergies/cards spring to mind and more often than not they are indeed allowed and - like expected - totally wreck the Brawl.

Yeah sure, a free pack is nice but I wish they'd think a little more about the Brawls they toss out. For every good one there seems to be at least 3-4 ones that came in without any planning whatsoever.
Play Wild if you want creative decks, the mode is designed for that purpose.

Brawl is the place to test new ideas, it might allow creative deck-building but creativity is not its primary purpose.
So you blame Blizzard for people playing Heallock in the Tavern Brawl. I don't think, it's Blizzard's fault, if people are lacking creativity and come up with a braindead netdeck.
meanwhile i'm beating heallocks in TB with a cube hunter (which is a good matchup for them) but struggling against tempo mages
11/14/2018 10:25 PMPosted by RhokDelar
meanwhile i'm beating heallocks in TB with a cube hunter (which is a good matchup for them) but struggling against tempo mages

What? You mean you played this brawl more than once?
11/14/2018 10:28 PMPosted by Flyveskalle
11/14/2018 10:25 PMPosted by RhokDelar

What? You mean you played this brawl more than once?

Yeah, you can pull off a pretty quick turn 3 or 4 kill with Otk priest builds using inner fire et,. It's a gold farming opportunity.
11/14/2018 10:21 PMPosted by Pißwasser
So you blame Blizzard for people playing Heallock in the Tavern Brawl. I don't think, it's Blizzard's fault, if people are lacking creativity and come up with a braindead netdeck.
People will play whatever wins games. It's Blizzards fault for poorly designing the brawl and making these strategies so effective.
exodia mage rulez
I just did my tavern brawl with whizzbang deck. Got the demon warlock deck and won again a control warrior. :P

Lucky I dodge those combo deck. Done with this week brawl hehe.
11/15/2018 01:31 AMPosted by Franz
exodia mage rulez

Preach, brother. Made double combo mage.

1st combo: Sorcerer Apprentices + Antonidas + Simulacrums + Molten Reflections
2nd combo: Alexstrasza + Fireballs + Frostbolts

One easy win and I'm out.
You know the real secret of this tavern brawl?

Go 1st.

Concede if you go 2nd, get coin.

Going 1st gives you a HUGE advantage!
11/15/2018 01:54 AMPosted by Bob
You know the real secret of this tavern brawl?

Go 1st.

Concede if you go 2nd, get coin.

Going 1st gives you a HUGE advantage!

Played 5 games in this brawl, whoever went first won all 5. I don't even have a good deck. In my alt accounts, I just throw together bunch of hunter beasts as that's what my daily quests are.

First player should not get the extra turn on first turn. Extra turn should start with the 2nd player, but remove the coin from 2nd player. That should be closer to balance.
11/14/2018 10:20 PMPosted by PUPU
Play Wild if you want creative decks, the mode is designed for that purpose.

Brawl is the place to test new ideas, it might allow creative deck-building but creativity is not its primary purpose.

Someone thinks Wild was designed hahahahaha
I saw the Brawl and immediately thought of making a deck full of Charge, Doomsayers and other board clear.

I won my first game and never looked back.