Correction to War Master Voone!

Play Mode Discussion
Hey everyone!

The Rastakhan's Rumble card "War Master Voone" is actually different than it appears in the third Wronchi video. A change was implemented after the video was made.

The correct version of War Master Voone is actually a 4 mana 4/3 and not a 5 mana 4/4.

His ability of "Battlecry: Copy all Dragons in your hand." is the same.

Cheers!
Welp, so much for odd dragon warrior being a thing. That's pretty disappointing.
Oh...well I still have hopes for this card
Thank you for letting us know! :}

This was almost certainly a measure to preclude its use from Odd Warriors while simultaneously buffing its potential otherwise; but more generally, it demonstrates that changes can be and are implemented even shortly before release, which is propitious.
Man, they really want dragon warrior to be good.

Too bad they can't just make dragon cool in a couple different classes at a time anymore. It has to be either priest OR warrior OR maybe hunter or paladin if they throw them a bone.

But at least dragon warrior is fun and historically could be played as either a control deck or a tempo deck.
Well opens the pool of Dragons that could be put in. (Bye, Odd Dragon.. meh, already had the new name figured out..Odd Eyes Red Dragon..)

Also most certainly means Akali is gonna be an odd card.
"OH NO IT'S NOT A BAKU CARD SO I HAVE NO OPINIONS AND CAN'T SEE HOW DRAWING 2 CARDS OFF OF A FAIRLY COSTED MINION WOULD BE WORTH USING."
So the copies go into your hand?
11/20/2018 11:10 AMPosted by Right
So the copies go into your hand?

Correct
Who cares about even/odd. Screw Genn, screw Baku,put whatever dragons you want in.
11/20/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Lyrist
"OH NO IT'S NOT A BAKU CARD SO I HAVE NO OPINIONS AND CAN'T SEE HOW DRAWING 2 CARDS OFF OF A FAIRLY COSTED MINION WOULD BE WORTH USING."
Holy crap, this. 100% ^this^

Baku and Genn are strong for sure, but you people need to get your heads out of the mentality of our current meta. This next expansion is bringing some game-changing cards and archetypes, but if you haven't noticed, a lot of those don't jive with our current meta decks.

Stop thinking of how you can plug new cards into your current deck and start looking at entire new decks that you can make.

Jeez!
5 mana slot is usually very crowded in Warrior.

4 mana 4/3 for expansion card Legendary seems at first sight not so good, but then again, I still think fueling your hand with Dragons is insanely good for Tempo Dragon deck.

11/20/2018 10:58 AMPosted by Lyrist
Too bad they can't just make dragon cool in a couple different classes at a time anymore. It has to be either priest OR warrior OR maybe hunter or paladin if they throw them a bone.

Ehh... Blackrock Mountain?
11/20/2018 11:19 AMPosted by Wardrum
entire new decks that you can make

Whoa, slow down there! ;}
11/20/2018 11:21 AMPosted by Phobetor
entire new decks that you can make

Whoa, slow down there! ;}
I know, right?

Imagine this....

Building a deck --- WITHOUT HAVING SOMEONE ELSE'S LIST TO GO OFF OF!! *shines flashlight on own face*
11/20/2018 11:20 AMPosted by Warsong
5 mana slot is usually very crowded in Warrior.

4 mana 4/3 for expansion card Legendary seems at first sight not so good, but then again, I still think fueling your hand with Dragons is insanely good for Tempo Dragon deck.

11/20/2018 10:58 AMPosted by Lyrist

Ehh... Blackrock Mountain?

Yeah, that was the right way to do it. TGT continued it a little bit while mostly favoring priest, but then blizzard went "no, we wanted dragon priest to be a thing!" and they nerfed dragon warrior(warrior in general really) so priest could be the dragon class again, then they never made playable non-priest class card synergies or support for dragons ever again.

Until now, I guess. They're coming back going" hey, sorry we nerfed execute and other key warrior classic cards to stop you dragon guys before, here's a dragon synergy execute body to make up for it."
Stop thinking of how you can plug new cards into your current deck and start looking at entire new decks that you can make.

It's fine, and natural, to go to existing decks first when evaluating a card. The second part, imagining new decks, is where people consistently fail every release.

I look forward to all the card reviews of "This doesn't go in Odd/Even____/Meta Deck, card's trash" that we get every release like clockwork.
11/20/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Shmorrior
I look forward to all the card reviews of "This doesn't go in Odd/Even____/Meta Deck, card's trash" that we get every release like clockwork.
This is what annoys me the most XD

That and anything above 3 mana that doesn't contain some variation of "wipe your opponents board, destroy their deck and burn down their house" winds up being "too slow, no impact, won't see play".
Wow i had plans to craft this. I expect to be refunded the whole prepurchase i made as well as the dust i thought about spending to craft a gold version.
11/20/2018 11:44 AMPosted by Shmorrior

It's fine, and natural, to go to existing decks first when evaluating a card. The second part, imagining new decks, is where people consistently fail every release.

This isn't even a case of a complex card with subtle synergy flying under the radar, this is the painful side of seeing people overlook cards where a very simple, straight forward lay strong card is shown and people sleep on it.

Would you play 4 mana 4/3 minion "battlecry: draw a card?" Yeah, I think you probably would. And this card can honestly be even better than that, you might be able to get 2 or 3 cards off of it and keep guaranteeing other dragon triggers. But people still look at it and go "eew, not Baku? Lame..."

People do it every time they reveal a 1 mana minion that puts something in your hand. I don't think they've ever printed one that didn't see some kind of play, but everyone still acts skeptical every time. It's pure, distilled essence of cringe. Same with 2 mana 2/2 "get a card." They're almost always good, it almost doesn't even matter what the card is because having more cards is good.
11/20/2018 11:54 AMPosted by Bojangles
Wow i had plans to craft this. I expect to be refunded the whole prepurchase i made as well as the dust i thought about spending to craft a gold version.

Maybe you should be a little less negligent with your purchasing next time?

You bought into a complete gamble, and now you are complaining about being ripped off?

And why would you be refunded dust you’ve only thought about using?