How does Dr . Boom, Mad Genius rank among other hero cards?

Play Mode Discussion
Topic. Same with Hagatha
Personally i think the best hero cards would be Rexxar -> Jainna -> Hagatha -> Boom -> valeera -> guldan -> Malfurion. all others are irrelevant.

Hagatha has the potential to create tons of value if you have a lot of minions. Boom has a good battlecry giving all mechs rush but with 6 hero powers its pretty RNG and most of the time you wont get the hero power you need.
Nearly invisible Shaw? Would own the board if he had any minions.

But as usual, the Warrior class packs a lot of spells.
10/15/2018 11:26 PMPosted by Bojangles
Personally i think the best hero cards would be Rexxar -> Jainna -> Hagatha -> Boom -> valeera -> guldan -> Malfurion. all others are irrelevant.
Wait, Gul'dan weaker than Jaina, Hagatha, Dr. Boom and Valeera? Seriously?!

I can see why you would rate Deathstalker Rexxar higher than Bloodreaver Gul'dan. They're about equally strong. But with the rest I must strongly disagree.

Hagatha has the potential to create tons of value if you have a lot of minions.
Sure. She has the POTENTIAL to create value. Or she can give you lots of trash. It's completely RNG reliant.

Bloodreaver Gul'dan however is guaranteed to give you value by resurrecting your dead demons, presumably powerful ones. And his hero power alone is good enough reason to add him to even Even Warlock decks, despite the fact that the deck runs only a few demons. No Voidlords or Doomguards.

Frost Lich Jaina sees next to no play. At least competitively. The most powerful Mage deck currently, Tempo/Burn/Aggro Mage, doesn't use Frost Lich Jaina cos she's too slow for that deck.

Dr. Boom is good in Control-type of Mech Warrior and Odd Warrior, admittedly. But due to his hero power's RNG I wouldn't rate him higher than Gul'dan. At least it's not as bad as Hagatha's.

Valeera the Hollow is okay. It's especially good in Quest (although you've most likely completed the quest by the time you can play Valeera) and Pogo-Hopper Rogue decks. But I would still argue that Gul'dan is way more impactful by being able to refill his board instantly while Valeera can only stall a turn.

I guess you rate it from low to high.

Otherwise, its lack of sense.
In my humble opinion, this is how I would arrange the current hero cards. Order within tiers is irrelevant.

S Tier (Incredibly impactful, can be played in pretty much any situation, wins games on its own):
Bloodreaver Gul'dan, Deathstalker Rexxar

A Tier (Either universally usable OR powerful enough to build a deck around, but not both)
Malfurion the Pestilent, Dr Boom

B Tier (Core card in some decks, and may provide alternative win conditions, but not the card you build the deck around)
Hagatha the Witch, Valeera the Hollow

C Tier (Cards with a lot of raw potential, even up to A tier, but the current meta doesn't support them)
Frost Lich Jaina, Uther of the Ebon Blade, Shadowreaper Anduin

D Tier (Underwhelming and outclassed by other hero cards of their class)
Thrall Deathseer, Scourgelord Garrosh, *Lord Jaraxxus

Z Tier (No)
*Majordomo Executus

* not Hero cards, but they replace your Hero
Dr Boom is good within the concept of fatigue warrior. It is there where he really shines, and there is no better card to fit that deck.

Unless maybe Rexxar or Frost Lich Jaina if warrior could get those. Having infinite resources while sitting on 50 armor is surely GG.
10/16/2018 04:28 AMPosted by Ivanzephyr
Unless maybe Rexxar or Frost Lich Jaina if warrior could get those. Having infinite resources while sitting on 50 armor is surely GG.
Imagine warrior having DK Guldan that ressurects lets say taunts or w/e and does 3dmg+gives 3 armor for 2 mana heropower. How is that not overpowered? Its like you have N'Zoth(a really strong 10 mana card) and Warrior Quest ( 6 value vs 8 value is close enougf considering 8 dmg is random target) all pressed in 1 card. This is the main reason this game is broken - one of the 10 mana cards is waaaaay stronger then the other 10 mana cards. And thats just 1 example.
I've learned to like DK thrall, with the right deck you can just evolve into strong minions quite reliably (Fungalmancers, Giggling inventors and Corridor creepers, just to name a few) and you can reset the stats of a minion after a trade, or evolve a minion into a useful value minion like Lich King of Ysera.

When playing wallet shaman, the evolve mechanic is at it's best in standard, and games where DK Thrall is buried deep in the deck are much harder. In that deck I'd say DK Thrall is better than Hagatha.
It ranks as equal - they're all in a dead game.
They're good, but they're not as good as the best DK cards. Jaina and Rexxar would make mincemeat out of Hagatha and Boom in the infinite value game.
You cant judge a hero card just from its power lvl it has - you must also see the support he gets.
For ex jaina is one of the strongest hero cards but she received little support so its out of the meta

Same can be said about dr boom. His greatest power is his passive (your mechs have rush) but whether it will be more powerfull or not depends on what mechs will come in the future.
This would be my list not considering the meta, essentially how they stack up in a vacuum.

Guldan /Rexxar
(Rexar should really win this since he just straight up creates value but deal 3 heal 3 is obnoxiously strong even without the resurrect)
Jaina /Boom
(Both generate value, Jaina is technically more reliable so I'd be inclined to put her first)
Malufurian
(Doesn't generate value but has great versatility)
Valeera / Hagatha
(Both generate value but both are deck dependent and can wind up doing absolutely nothing)
Anduin (Decent battlecry)
Uther
Thrall / Garrosh
(Both equally awful in my opinion)

If the meta shifts and Paladin gets more control support though, Uther can be a huge problem since we don't have any dirty rat effects in standard and the card bounce variation of exodia is impossible to disrupt, even then though, in a vacuum he'd still be low on this list.
Next April he'll be one of the best, depending on what they do next set, might be the best.
Crazy amount of unerestimation for Hagatha in that topic. That card is super strong.
10/17/2018 03:20 AMPosted by DonGiovanni
Crazy amount of unerestimation for Hagatha in that topic. That card is super strong.

Whenever I've played her I've been very underwhelmed tbh, the spells she gives you vary wildly in quality with about half being utterly useless or loaded with OL botching your future turns, i would say the consistent value from Jaina and Rexxar massively outvalue her and even DK Gul'dans hero power is more valuable consistently and his battlecry is waaaay better.

Hagatha just doesn't feel very strong to me because Shaman spells are so hit and miss, she would be much stronger as a mage hero card because mage spells are just so much better.