Return to Hand and Death / Surival

New Player Tavern
I am coming up empty handed with Google for this.

If I have 8 cards in hand and 5 creatures on board and cast Grumble, what determines which creatures return to hand or die?
Return to hand effect triggers in order minions were played.
So starting with the "earliest" minion that was on the board, to the next, to the next, etc.
Uhm very good question.
It should be the same thing as "Vanish" (6 mana rogue spell that calls EVERY minion back) which is - I believe - determined by the order on the field (right to left).

Edit:
11/25/2018 03:29 PMPosted by ChaosSlayer
So starting with the "earliest" minion that was on the board, to the next, to the next, etc.

Or this. xD
11/25/2018 03:31 PMPosted by GetSchwifty
Uhm very good question.
It should be the same thing as "Vanish" (6 mana rogue spell that calls EVERY minion back) which is - I believe - determined by the order on the field (right to left).

Edit:

Or this. xD

I'll see if I can track better. It seems to be a hodge podge of left to right and seniority.
11/25/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Dza76Wutang
I'll see if I can track better. It seems to be a hodge podge of left to right and seniority.
Perhaps install a deck tracker (I like the one on hsreplay.net). That allows you to (a) review the game later, and (b) post a link to it here to get feedback from others.
If you actually find evidence of minions NOT being returned in the order they were summoned, then you can post the replay link to the bug report forum.
11/26/2018 05:36 AMPosted by BigHugger
11/25/2018 03:40 PMPosted by Dza76Wutang
Perhaps install a deck tracker (I like the one on hsreplay.net). That allows you to (a) review the game later, and (b) post a link to it here to get feedback from others.
If you actually find evidence of minions NOT being returned in the order they were summoned, then you can post the replay link to the bug report forum.

Great idea. Thank you for recommendation.

It's this - order played.
This is true for pretty much any situation where "Order of Operations" comes into account. The minions are triggered/affected in the order that they were played in.

For example in Mecha'thun Priest - the combo fails if you don't play the Coffin Crasher before the Ticking Abominations because you need the Coffin Crasher to trigger first to summon Mecha'thun so the Abominations can kill it.

If you find an exception its probably either a misinterpretation of what's happening, or some kind of weird edge case (like maybe some kind of scenario where both player's minions are affected maybe it does all of one player's minions before the other and maybe that matters?) or buggy interaction or something.