Standard Rotation Effects

New Player Tavern
When my cards rotate into the wild format, which I never play, do I get dust refunds? I would feel cheated if I spent money and gold and dust on cards that I can't use in my personal favorite formats. I know Wild cards can be useful, but I'm not concerned with the wild/tavern brawl uses. Do I get a refund?
I know it's rotating at the end of 2018. I'm not sure if you get dust or not.
I doubt it, only if a card gets nerfed do you get dust at crafting value. The point you should be buying cards with rotation in mind. Rotation will occur in April 2019 when the new set is released. Knights, un goro and kobolds rotate out. Thats why ive been cracking the witchwood and boomsday only. Classic also never rotates and has many key cards.
No.

You can dust them at the normal rate.
Let's just say I'm brand new, get a bunch of packs, and Elise the Trailblazer or the Lich King are one of my first legendaries, they go to wild, I can't play them in my deck anymore... I get nothing? Why would it even let me buy it, or not inform me of the rotation more clearly? Wild is ok, I'm not knocking it, but I choose not to play that one gametype. Why should I be punished? I don't want to dust them at 1/4 the cost I got it for, and I don't want to have to play wild just to play those cards. If I got dust for them, I'd buy a different card, and feel good about spending my money on future expansions i.e. op Blyder- "Rotation will occur in April 2019 when the new set is released. Knights, un goro and kobolds rotate out. Thats why ive been crafting the witchwood and boomsday only."
You can still play them - it is your decision not to play wild. Why should you get full refund for cards you can still use?
10/19/2018 07:54 PMPosted by MagicPants
Why would it even let me buy it, or not inform me of the rotation more clearly? Wild is ok, I'm not knocking it, but I choose not to play that one gametype. Why should I be punished? I don't want to dust them at 1/4 the cost I got it for, and I don't want to have to play wild just to play those cards. If I got dust for them, I'd buy a different card, and feel good about spending my money on future expansions i.e. op Blyder- "Rotation will occur in April 2019 when the new set is released. Knights, un goro and kobolds rotate out. Thats why ive been crafting the witchwood and boomsday only."

Sorry mate but that's not "punishing you", that's basic logic. The rotation is a normal concept in cardgames and as soon as you realise that there are two game modes (standart and wild) you could inform yourself what that means for which sets.
Also: If people spent a lot of gold and money on cardpacks in 2 years and get the full refund value, those people would have enough dust to rebuy the same amount of rares/epics and legendaries - that'd make 0% sense from a business-standpoint.
10/17/2018 02:05 AMPosted by Blyder
I doubt it, only if a card gets nerfed do you get dust at crafting value. The point you should be buying cards with rotation in mind. Rotation will occur in April 2019 when the new set is released. Knights, un goro and kobolds rotate out. Thats why ive been cracking the witchwood and boomsday only. Classic also never rotates and has many key cards.

Hi, when rotation happens, which expansion will go wild first? Or they all go at once?
10/20/2018 03:33 PMPosted by HHH
10/17/2018 02:05 AMPosted by Blyder

Hi, when rotation happens, which expansion will go wild first? Or they all go at once?

Rotations happen on 1st release of each year. Which is usually April.
So next coming rotation is April 2019. During that time ALL sets from 2017 will rotate out at the same time. They will be: Ungoro, Frozen Throne and Kobolts.
10/20/2018 08:06 PMPosted by ChaosSlayer
10/20/2018 03:33 PMPosted by HHH

Rotations happen on 1st release of each year. Which is usually April.
So next coming rotation is April 2019. During that time ALL sets from 2017 will rotate out at the same time. They will be: Ungoro, Frozen Throne and Kobolts.

Thanks. How about adventure campaigns? Like Kobolds dungeon run and Beat the Lich King? Will they go out as well?
10/22/2018 06:46 PMPosted by HHH
How about adventure campaigns? Like Kobolds dungeon run and Beat the Lich King? Will they go out as well?

Previous solo-play content has gone wild as well, but those solo adventures awarded cards - and since those cards rotated to wild, so did the adventures.

The newer solo content is released as bonus in addition to the cards in the expansion. It does not reward the player with cards, so this is a new case.
Early 2019 will be the first time Blizzard has to answer this question. We will have to wait and see how they will deal with this.
10/23/2018 01:58 AMPosted by BigHugger
10/22/2018 06:46 PMPosted by HHH
How about adventure campaigns? Like Kobolds dungeon run and Beat the Lich King? Will they go out as well?

Previous solo-play content has gone wild as well, but those solo adventures awarded cards - and since those cards rotated to wild, so did the adventures.

The newer solo content is released as bonus in addition to the cards in the expansion. It does not reward the player with cards, so this is a new case.
Early 2019 will be the first time Blizzard has to answer this question. We will have to wait and see how they will deal with this.

Thanks, only Beat the Lich King campaign awards cards right?

Kobolds only card back? Just done 5 classes, not sure what I get once I finish all 9.
10/23/2018 05:31 AMPosted by HHH
Thanks, only Beat the Lich King campaign awards cards right?
Forgot about that, but you are right. Completing the Knights of the Frozen Throne adventure grants you one random Death Knight card and three Frozen Throne card packs.
This'll make Blizzard;'s decision making even more interesting.

Kobolds only card back? Just done 5 classes, not sure what I get once I finish all 9.
Yes. The K&C dungeon run, as well as the Witchwood Monster Hunt and the Boomsday puzzle labs all award a card back on completion and no other rewards.
10/23/2018 06:53 AMPosted by BigHugger
Yes. The K&C dungeon run, as well as the Witchwood Monster Hunt and the Boomsday puzzle labs all award a card back on completion and no other rewards.

The equivalent packs for Dungeon Run and Monster Hunt were tied to quests while they were awarded for free when the Puzzle Labs launched.
10/23/2018 08:35 AMPosted by WingedKagout
The equivalent packs for Dungeon Run and Monster Hunt were tied to quests
Correct, but those quests were active for a limited time only. If you start a new account now, you will not get those quests. (You do still get the free Boomsday packs though)