PLEASE nerf hunter spellstone.

Play Mode Discussion
I play hunter a lot in casual as I mostly avoid ranked. Spellstone has single handedly won me matches just because of how many bodies it puts into play and how hard they are to remove if an opponent doesnt have the right answer right away.

Nerfing the card is a tricky proposition simply because:
1)no good class card draw results in what does exist having to be high value to carry through opponents play
2) many of hunters other class cards are lack luster. Sure they have a powerful 1 through 6 curve if they hit all of it but when all that get answered they kinda cease to function.

Atm a handful of cards are carrying the entire class of hunter in most of its games. Many times when these cards are buried in the deck the class has literally no chance of winning the match.

Personally I would love more good cards overall while tuning down the super power cards, but when they class gets goblin prank, toxic arrow, quest level cards it's hard to see the developers ever actually going that route.

Long story short I agree emerald spell stone is too strong but how do you nerf it without crippling the class?
I don't really like how people here are using the excuse that the Hunter Spellstone is alright because it is being used in a sub par deck. The value from it is insane and it is very easy to upgrade.

Whenever a Hunter plays the spellstone on turn 5; the opponent is almost always required to have an immediate answer to it or the game is lost right there.

This means that the card is much stronger when looking at it individually. Therefore it is broken or borderline broken and need to be monitored carefully.
12/02/2018 10:59 AMPosted by MrPenguini
This means that the card is much stronger when looking at it individually. Therefore it is broken or borderline broken and need to be monitored carefully.

'Nerf this card' and 'monitor this card' are two very different requests.
Except that hunter spellstone is basically removable by a million different board clears.
12/02/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Sinthetiks
Except that hunter spellstone is basically removable by a million different board clears.

There's an old joke in MTG called "but it dies to doom blade." The fact that a board wipe can answer the card does not automatically mean it's not overpowered.
12/02/2018 02:00 PMPosted by DMX
12/02/2018 12:06 PMPosted by Sinthetiks

There's an old joke in MTG called "but it dies to doom blade." The fact that a board wipe can answer the card does not automatically mean it's not overpowered.

"But it dies to bolt!" Comes to mind. And yet goblin guide still sees so much play...
When you say "Most classes don't have an answer" what you really mean is "Some decks can't be bothered to include the readily available answer." And the classes that really can't deal with it - hunter and rogue, well, every class has it's weaknesses.