Noob starting at level 25 rank?????

Community Discussion
So I decided to start playing hearthstone and in ranked mode I started at 25, while my friend started at level 55?

I constantly get matchmaked with people who have all legendaries and godly cards while my deck doesn't come close to being as good as my opponents.

My friend made the climb to level 25 finally and during the climb he was able to get all of these decks and chests to help boost his character.

When he hit level 25 he got 10 decks??? While I started at 25 and got nothing?

I don't understand what happened, I don't want to buy cards but jeez why do I start off at level 25 and he started at level 55, then get all of these great cards while making his way down the ladder?
Hey Baronlol,

Was this from a brand new account? Have you played on other regions from that account?

Thanks!
Good Luck pal. Any what you would call "good" meta decks which are just the crap standard meta decks have at least 5-7 legendary cards in them.

The game is forcing purchases at this point. Your second option is dust and if you have a new account, it's gonna take you forever to obtain that.

I am an experienced player, got pissed off and dusted my whole collection just because. Now I can't get out of R20. Goes to show you how this games is and has become.

Best of Luck!
12/03/2018 11:43 AMPosted by Jesse Hill
Hey Baronlol,

Was this from a brand new account? Have you played on other regions from that account?

Thanks!

It says that I played some mage games but I never remembered played mage games, I don't have any wins on the mage put I might have played HS when it was originally released, maybe 2-3 games if that.

I have never played in any other regions than NA
Hey Baronlol,

Thanks!

I have never played any ranked games other than the ones I started to play a few days ago, which is when I started at level 25
boy did you come to hearthstone at the wrong time. please save your money and find a new game....
If you ask me, I will tell you to suck it up.

When I started playing Hearthstone, the day it went public live, everyone started at rank 25. There was no rank 55-26.

And what you experience now, is what you have to look forward to. You might as well just get used to it.

Really, I wouldn't know what a deck looks like if it wasn't a meta deck, I would be completely clueless. It really has been just that long since I have seen the lesser valued cards.

Though, I can offer this.

If I were to begin again, completely anew... I would do nothing, and I mean nothing but dailies and brawls. The dailies for the gold and the brawls for the packs. And that would be that. And I would do that for no less than 2 full expansions. I would not spend one single gold on anything, for two whole expansions.

Furthermore, I still wouldn't spend the gold if I could not get in at the beginning of a new year. And by that, I mean, the April expansion of each year. At that point three expansions are eliminated and sent to the wild format. And that is the best time to get into the game, especially if you are a free to play player. And really, if you are a free to play player, the April expansion is the ONLY time you should begin spending gold.

Anyway, doing dailies everyday, without skipping a single day, ever, will get you about 6k gold per expansion. And if you ask me, 6k gold is not enough for one expansion. 6k gold is a mere 60 packs. That is not good. You can make it work, but it is not good. "not good" in this case means that in 60 packs the chances of you getting what you need for you to be competitive is slim to none. That happens around 80+ packs.

I only know because I used to do the 6k gold per expansion thing. And like I said, it can be made to work, but it is hardly good. Once I started earning 8k gold per expansion things got exponentially better.

But in your case, you would be saving up for more than a whole year. That would put you around 24k gold. That will buy you everything you need, packs wise, and what you want. But the thing is, you need to get in at the beginning of the the new year. Or else the cards you worked so hard for will just end up getting phased out, essentially wasted. But you need to skip a whole year of playing for that to work.

It is either this, or you open up your wallet and buy about 100 packs per current expansion, so that you can get in the game right now.

Free to play does not mean the game is free. This is a truth I have come to know over my more than a decade of experience with free to play games. It comes down to effort-and-time or money. And if you want to be a free to play player then you better expect to put in the effort-and-time(no complaining, f2p is your choice). Complaining? Then you better get your credit card out. You don't get to have it both ways.
Hey Baronlol,

Thanks!

Crickets
12/04/2018 03:00 PMPosted by Baronlol
Hey Baronlol,

Thanks!

Crickets

welcome to hearthstone. im not being trolly, they just dont care. been like this for years.
12/04/2018 08:07 AMPosted by MetalX
If you ask me, I will tell you to suck it up.

When I started playing Hearthstone, the day it went public live, everyone started at rank 25. There was no rank 55-26.

And what you experience now, is what you have to look forward to. You might as well just get used to it.

Really, I wouldn't know what a deck looks like if it wasn't a meta deck, I would be completely clueless. It really has been just that long since I have seen the lesser valued cards.

Though, I can offer this.

If I were to begin again, completely anew... I would do nothing, and I mean nothing but dailies and brawls. The dailies for the gold and the brawls for the packs. And that would be that. And I would do that for no less than 2 full expansions. I would not spend one single gold on anything, for two whole expansions.

Furthermore, I still wouldn't spend the gold if I could not get in at the beginning of a new year. And by that, I mean, the April expansion of each year. At that point three expansions are eliminated and sent to the wild format. And that is the best time to get into the game, especially if you are a free to play player. And really, if you are a free to play player, the April expansion is the ONLY time you should begin spending gold.

Anyway, doing dailies everyday, without skipping a single day, ever, will get you about 6k gold per expansion. And if you ask me, 6k gold is not enough for one expansion. 6k gold is a mere 60 packs. That is not good. You can make it work, but it is not good. "not good" in this case means that in 60 packs the chances of you getting what you need for you to be competitive is slim to none. That happens around 80+ packs.

I only know because I used to do the 6k gold per expansion thing. And like I said, it can be made to work, but it is hardly good. Once I started earning 8k gold per expansion things got exponentially better.

But in your case, you would be saving up for more than a whole year. That would put you around 24k gold. That will buy you everything you need, packs wise, and what you want. But the thing is, you need to get in at the beginning of the the new year. Or else the cards you worked so hard for will just end up getting phased out, essentially wasted. But you need to skip a whole year of playing for that to work.

It is either this, or you open up your wallet and buy about 100 packs per current expansion, so that you can get in the game right now.

Free to play does not mean the game is free. This is a truth I have come to know over my more than a decade of experience with free to play games. It comes down to effort-and-time or money. And if you want to be a free to play player then you better expect to put in the effort-and-time(no complaining, f2p is your choice). Complaining? Then you better get your credit card out. You don't get to have it both ways.

Thanks for your input man, not sure what I'm getting myself into lol.. Made it to rank 20 but I just get destroyed by full legendary decks