cant win

New Player Tavern
played around 15 practice games, lost every one of them

why does the ai have amazing cards when im stuck with trash?

uninstalled
What are you playing ??
12/02/2018 06:20 AMPosted by notahacker

uninstalled

if you can't beat AI on practice mode after 15 games... You hopeless.
Want to win? Spend few hundred $ on arena to salvage all the cards you get. Or play a few years to save enough dust.
It might sound harsh but there is a real problem with the way you're playing if you're having trouble with The Innkeeper. Those fights are more than possible with the basic cards, you just have to use the put the right deck together.

If you are at all interested in trying to work through the practice games, we can help put together basic decks that can win those games.

The AI doesn't have amazing cards. They have trash. The pre-built decks that the game starts you have lots of trash, but you have good starter cards that you could swap the trash out with. Check out the decks here: https://disguisedtoast.com/articles/261-new-and-beginner-players

A good deck will only take you so far, though. You need to plan out your moves. Here are a few basics to start with:

1. Mulligan correctly - Most starter decks focus on establishing and maintaining a board. To that end, you want the first three cards in your hand to contain a one-mana and a 2-mana minion. If you happen to start with those in your initial draw, then you can mulligan for a 3-mana minion. Otherwise, mulligan away anything that isn't one or two mana.

2. Trade for value - Starter decks greatly benefit from value trading. By this, I mean that you want to set up situations where your opponent is forced to spend two of their cards to deal with one of yours. An excellent value starter card is Chillwind Yeti. That's because at four mana for five health, it usually trades two-for-one or even three-for-one with two and three drops. Also consider what your opponent is likely to do next turn given the current board state. If, for example, your opponent is a mage, and you have a 2/1 minion, you may want to hit it into an opponent's minion even if the trade isn't ideal because your opponent will be able to kill it "for free" with his hero power anyway. By "for free," I meant that your opponent won't have to spend a card to kill it.

There is much more to the game than this, but mastering these two concepts are a good place to start. For a more extensive tutorial I recommend the "Trump Teachings" videos on Youtube. The videos are very informative, and he provides another set of good starter decks that you can use.
12/02/2018 09:14 PMPosted by ChaosSlayer
if you can't beat AI on practice mode after 15 games... You hopeless.

Classic ChaosSlayer

Can't help himself has to troll any new player having issues. Even using his dozen of accounts to down rate their post.

uninstalled

Wait ... what? O_o
I'm sorry mate but if you can't beat the a.i. in practice mode and then rage, you might want to uninstall anyways ...