Rank 20 floor

Play Mode Discussion
I would just like to say that I have a problem with limiting my rank to 20.
Like; you feel you should be able to go back and play in the 40-20 brackets?
Your statement is incomplete and makes no sense or has any context to understand.
12/01/2018 03:13 AMPosted by Halo572
Your statement is incomplete and makes no sense or has any context to understand.
Pretty much. He could be talking about ladder anxiety. Or, he could be talking about his inability to rank up. Totally different topic that has a different answer. He should clarify that if he wants helpful advice.
I could give details on why I feel this way but it's very superficial. I don't care about climbing the ladder I care about having fun. It's hard to have fun when you face nothing but top teir decks. I like to play dumb fun decks with crazy interactions. I know some "smart" guy is going to say "just play in casual." It doesn't make much of a difference.
I guess I know what you mean. I've been very lucky to never have gone for rank 15, so I can still have fun in ranks 24-21 with Whizbang and other bad decks.

But I'm certainly not going to agree with your silent suggestion, because the removal of most top-tier deck-users from those ranks is going to be great :D
The major disadvantage of playing meta decks is that your opponent will likely know your place before you make them. You still have some advantage if you are using your own deck.
12/03/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Zerfinity
I guess I know what you mean. I've been very lucky to never have gone for rank 15, so I can still have fun in ranks 24-21 with Whizbang and other bad decks.

But I'm certainly not going to agree with your silent suggestion, because the removal of most top-tier deck-users from those ranks is going to be great :D

exactly my point. playing trash meme decks is why i play hearthstone.

its just, not fair. #FeelsBadMan ive been playing on this account for 5 years and with every change they make I have less and less fun. feels like the answer is to just make a new account, but ive spent a lot of money on this account. plus all the time.

wild is broken.

im not looking for any advice or solution. i just wanted my opinion recorded.
I just found this game 3 weeks ago. First, I must say that it has been very fun!

However, I too seem to have hit a hard wall at this rank 20. There was a sudden and huge increase in difficulty at this point. It was much more gradual between levels 21-50.

Suddenly almost every opponent is sporting a glowing hero (which I guess means that they have at least 10x more experience in the game and a big advantage in cards as well). It is not very fun to lose almost every game - nowadays I just immediately concede when I see e.g. a paladin with the hero-power upgrade or something similar.
Why are there so many players with far superior decks and skill level hanging around here, why don't they move up? Where can I find players with equal experience? I would much rather be back at lev 30 or something.

Luckily, the arena is still quite fun but can't play there too often due to the cost.
12/03/2018 01:48 PMPosted by t0xic4ngel
its just, not fair.
This two don't go with each other. No one is stopping you from playing trash meme decks. Your problem, along with many others who complain about the same thing, is that you can't win with those decks. Which is being unrealistic really, expecting to win with trash, meme decks. If you're winning with it, it's not trash. If you're winning with it, it no longer is a meme deck (other people will play it too. other people would have thought of the mechanic sooner than you). Seems like dCCG is really not for you. Only paper TCG you play in your living room with your friends will quench your thirst.
And no, sorry, but this doesn't mean anything when you make a thread on an open forum. My opinion has the same weight as yours to be recorded.
12/03/2018 01:48 PMPosted by t0xic4ngel
12/03/2018 11:06 AMPosted by Zerfinity

its just, not fair. #FeelsBadMan ive been playing on this account for 5 years and with every change they make I have less and less fun. feels like the answer is to just make a new account, but ive spent a lot of money on this account. plus all the time.

wild is broken.

Well, you posted it on a discussion forum, so it's likely to be discussed.

And yeah, Casual does make a difference. Some days are certainly better than others, but it's where I go to play my wonky fun decks and I have a blast.
12/03/2018 02:14 PMPosted by sky3union
If you're winning with it, it no longer is a meme deck (other people will play it too. other people would have thought of the mechanic sooner than you).

I disagree, win rate and originality have nothing to do with being a meme deck. Its how you win which makes it a meme, and you certainly can have meme decks with a positive win rate especially at R20.
12/03/2018 02:31 PMPosted by Wardrum
And yeah, Casual does make a difference. Some days are certainly better than others, but it's where I go to play my wonky fun decks and I have a blast.

Casual really makes no difference.

The heal variant of zoo lock.
Shudder
A variant of shudder
Another variant
Taunt druid
Mechathun priest
A stock standard reserect priest

All I wanted to do was knock out 2 warlock quests, everything i played against was something i see at rank 5.
i never said i needed to win to have fun. ive throw games by not going for lethal, instead i just enjoy the game, play my combos and try to do things ive never seen or done before. its just frustrating to face the same decks over and over again, which i understand is something pointless to compline about. if it wins people are going to play it, i made this post because this change is going to make this a lot worse. at least, for players affected.
I like the new rank floor. They should also implement a new rank floor for reaching rank 10 and rank 5 though.
12/03/2018 01:59 PMPosted by Gargravarr
I just found this game 3 weeks ago. First, I must say that it has been very fun!

However, I too seem to have hit a hard wall at this rank 20. There was a sudden and huge increase in difficulty at this point. It was much more gradual between levels 21-50.

Suddenly almost every opponent is sporting a glowing hero (which I guess means that they have at least 10x more experience in the game and a big advantage in cards as well). It is not very fun to lose almost every game - nowadays I just immediately concede when I see e.g. a paladin with the hero-power upgrade or something similar.
Why are there so many players with far superior decks and skill level hanging around here, why don't they move up? Where can I find players with equal experience? I would much rather be back at lev 30 or something.

Luckily, the arena is still quite fun but can't play there too often due to the cost.

Multiple reasons.

1. Some players take breaks and have their rank drops in the process.

2. Smurfing casual try hards who use rank 20 to farm gold.

3. Some of these folks have played for a long time, but are not very good at it, others don’t really care to rank up.
12/03/2018 10:34 AMPosted by t0xic4ngel
I know some "smart" guy is going to say "just play in casual." It doesn't make much of a difference.

The thing about casual is, it has a rank. You have a hidden MMR that is affected by wins and losses. This means if you do well, you will eventually play against players who also do well and are probably playing meta decks.

You will need to lose a lot of games to lower your hidden MMR. Keep in mind, plenty of other people also know this and will abuse it to play meta decks against low MMR players.