How is zoolock a fun to play?

Community Discussion
I just don't get this deck it is the most common deck I see in ladder.

It is horrible to play against and it's not even fun to play. you win or lose by Turn 4. There's no thought involved what ever you draw is probably what you're going to play.

There's no strategy there's no thinking whatever you top deck is the card you play how is that fun
Mindless aggro isn't fun for either player, but it wins. That's why it's played so much. Until Blizzard finally nerfs aggro, it will remain as the dominant archetype.
Its all up to preference. Aggro is a part of the game as it should be. I have a Zoolock deck and several other decks that range from control to midrange etc etc. I find zoolock fun because i dont always have time to play 15 minute long games and i love the curve and being able to have stuff to play every turn. As for saying there is no strategy to it is completely false. Just because you have cards to throw down every turn doesnt guarentee the victory. You really have to think about the match up and play around board clears, taunts and the hex, polymorph, assinate etc etc removals.
Maybe easier strategy than say an otk combo deck but its still requires a strong plan. Cant just throw down cards willy nilly especially since once your opponent gets more than two or three minions down or a removal you're usually screwed as a zoolock because you should be going for face more so than focusing on constant trades.

Are you losing to a lot of zoolocks or just wish there was less aggro zoolocks being matched up against you. Cuz that would annoy me highly too. I love playing agaisnt different classes and deck styles. I dont find to many zoolocks when i play however.
Thats just my two sense no one asked for haha.
Cheers
12/03/2018 04:42 PMPosted by Rivini
Mindless aggro isn't fun for either player, but it wins. That's why it's played so much. Until Blizzard finally nerfs aggro, it will remain as the dominant archetype.

Some people find more fun in winning than they do in playing some 10 card combo or an all-out gimmick deck (like a pure attack buff/weapon druid with no minions).

You may want to read the following article, as even if it was written with MtG in mind it still fits quite well for other ccgs (like Hearthstone):

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/making-magic/timmy-johnny-and-spike-2002-03-08