Mind Control still needs NERF

Arena Discussion
Now MCT is gone. Can they just get rid of mind control in arena. The mode is so reliant on board control that the card is just too punishing. How do you play around it when have to answer their board? The control cards used to be less common, but now it's all priest wins off. Being able to play one card that so heavily swings you the game, when your not in control, is a joke. This is not a free mode, so I think it's a big balance issue. It just happens too much against priest. For example the most punishing scenario is when your on 8-10 mana. Only minions worth playing at this point are big drops (or a few high value cards), you play it and 7/10 times the priest will be sitting on mind control. Devastates you everytime. Where's the other Heroes one card that turns you over complete control so consistently?
12/28/2018 11:07 PMPosted by sparkzignite
How do you play around it when have to answer their board?
Option 1: Go wide. Play a bunch of low-cost minions (ideally with more than 2 health).
Option 2: Play a minion that is big enough to look tasty in case they have Mind Control but hold back on your real threat. Next turn, either they played it or and you can safely proceed with the real big boy, or they didn't and probably have it. (Unless their mindgames are one level about yours and they realized you were baiting).
Option 3: Read your opponent's hand. Cards that were in their hand the last time that they would probably have used Mind Control if they had it are almost certainly NOT Mind Control. Cards they hald for several turns when they would not have used Mind Control if they had it are more likely - especially if they floated a lot of mana and still didn't use that card. Cards they drew and didn't use in the last two turns are somewhere in between. If they already used a Mind Contol, it is extremely unlikely that they'll have a second.
Option 4: When playing vs Priest, try to play out your big minions before they are at 10 mana.
Option 5: When behind on the board and slowly losing the game, just go ahead and take the risk. Either they have it and what was already inevitable just went a bit faster, or they don't and you have used the last chance to come back.

Where's the other Heroes one card that turns you over complete control so consistently?
You mean like Flamestrike, Pyroblast, Silver Sword, Omega Agent, Bloodlust, Ultimate Infestation, Dinosize, or Sap?
12/29/2018 02:39 AMPosted by BigHugger
How do you play around it when have to answer their board?
Option 1: Go wide. Play a bunch of low-cost minions (ideally with more than 2 health).
Option 2: Play a minion that is big enough to look tasty in case they have Mind Control but hold back on your real threat. Next turn, either they played it or and you can safely proceed with the real big boy, or they didn't and probably have it. (Unless their mindgames are one level about yours and they realized you were baiting).
Option 3: Read your opponent's hand. Cards that were in their hand the last time that they would probably have used Mind Control if they had it are almost certainly NOT Mind Control. Cards they hald for several turns when they would not have used Mind Control if they had it are more likely - especially if they floated a lot of mana and still didn't use that card. Cards they drew and didn't use in the last two turns are somewhere in between. If they already used a Mind Contol, it is extremely unlikely that they'll have a second.
Option 4: When playing vs Priest, try to play out your big minions before they are at 10 mana.
Option 5: When behind on the board and slowly losing the game, just go ahead and take the risk. Either they have it and what was already inevitable just went a bit faster, or they don't and you have used the last chance to come back.

Where's the other Heroes one card that turns you over complete control so consistently?
You mean like Flamestrike, Pyroblast, Silver Sword, Omega Agent, Bloodlust, Ultimate Infestation, Dinosize, or Sap?
All of what you've said is true. However that's assuming you've got the resources. Card draw is normally limited, so your at the mercy of your deck. Arena has always been just take the risk and make the play with the most value. Playing around a mind control can be more punishing then the card itself because you don't commit. Also those are mostly 'win more' or 'finisher' cards. Not 'swing' cards. Or at least not to the level of MC.
hmm cant see all my recent posts that's good I guess , sry if I raged but rng does that , no other tcg even comes close to hearthstone and they never will Ever and EVER unless hearthstone is erased from time , I love this game and that's why I keep playing arena from time to time , I don't have the patience for constructed climbing , anyways keep it up we will know if its bad if kripp stops playing , man I feel bad for that guy gets such awful rng but maybe the best need a handicap.
If mind control ever needed a Nerf (it's already been nerfed actually, from 8 to 10 Mana I believe) they would have done so in vanilla/naxx/gvg/brm/tgt/loe/wog/Kara/msg/ungoro/kft/knc/ww/boomsday

The reality is it's a balanced card that can't be played until turn 10, and can be countered, answered, and played around. Just the nature of arena that sometimes you get screwed over. Sorry