Spell Hunter V.S Deathrattle hunter

Play Mode Discussion
I'm looking to craft a new deck but I can't decide between these two which is better overall? will any key pieces in either of the decks be rotating any time soon?
is prince kalleseth really worth crafting in deathrattle hunter?
Both will be losing quite a bit post rotation.
Spell Hunter would probably be the safest of the two. Deathrattle Hunter is losing Devilsaur Egg, Play Dead, and Carnivorous Cube with rotation, so crafting for it is a little dangerous.
Secret Hunter is probably the better choice.
Neither deck will survive rotation, but if you can enjoy it for the next few months, I’d suggest Spell Hunter. The deck has been a ton of fun to play (at least in the past; I haven’t played the lists post RR), and may continue to get better in wild as new spells are released.

If you’re not able to get sufficient enjoyment before the spring rotation, I’d recommend saving your dust to craft something later on.
12/31/2018 12:22 PMPosted by Soled
which is better overall?

Spell Hunter is better against fast decks, Deathrattle is better against slow decks, both are good.

is prince kalleseth really worth crafting in deathrattle hunter?

I've seen some discussions about that; he seems counter-intuitive, as you tend to run big minions anyway and a +1/+1 is more significant on a small dude, also Cubes erase his buff, but... in the end, decks running him tend to win more, so data suggests he's good.

will any key pieces in either of the decks be rotating any time soon?

Yes; this will be a very funny rotation, since almost everything in current meta will become obsolete. Both decks lose all their win conditions in April (Deathstalker Rexxar, Rhok'delar, To My Side, Spellstone / Play Dead, Terrorscale Stalker, Devilsaur Egg, Cube and Kathrena), so if you are looking for something that will be playable in Standard for more than 4 months, I'd suggest to explore Midrange decks with Master's Call, if you like Hunter. They are certainly different than Spell or Deathrattle, but look quite promising.
If you have to craft a hunter deck now, I'd go with secret hunter over spell hunter. Losing less and better now.
Secret Hunter or Midrange Hunter if you need to craft.
Not many people vouching for Deathrattle, it seems. I was looking to pull the trigger on Kathrena and a second Charged Devilsaur, rotation be damned - three months is plenty of time to mess with a deck anways.

Can anyone who's played it vouch for it?
This close to a rotation, shelling out lots of precious resources for an expensive Hunter deck isn't the greatest idea unless you are SERIOUSLY going to grind games like there is no tomorrow.

You're better off saving your dust until after the expansions cycle out at this point.
12/31/2018 12:31 PMPosted by osumatthew
Neither deck will survive rotation, but if you can enjoy it for the next few months, I’d suggest Spell Hunter. The deck has been a ton of fun to play (at least in the past; I haven’t played the lists post RR), and may continue to get better in wild as new spells are released.

If you’re not able to get sufficient enjoyment before the spring rotation, I’d recommend saving your dust to craft something later on.

Good - The rotation and the dismissal of the extreme cancer that Rexxar and some of the other DKs are will be a wonderful day on Earth.

To the OP - dont craft that garbage. Man up and play a non-handicapped deck that requires brain cells. You'll feel better. :)
So I was in the same boat, check out what I did....

I crafted most of DR hunter (dust limited) and played that a bunch.
In this meta, spell and secret hunter dominate and anything aggro was wrecking me. Games were long and drawn out when I was not dead before hand.

I somehow had all of spell hunter so I did that, night and day with wins.

Then I blew up some stuff that was useless so I could craft most of secret hunter.
This is very similar to spell hunter so it was kinda easy for me to craft both..

In the end, I still love DR hunter the most, but I have abandon that project for my secret hunter to finish crafting. (When I get more dust, I will finish secret hunter and NOT DR).

In short, I'd say craft secret or spell, but like everyone said, it's prob only good for the next few months. I did just start about 4 months about, so I wanted to get to use some of these decks before they go away.

Also, I did craft keleseth and he was in my DR hunter. When I took him out and put in the 2 mana mech trigger (forget the name), I won more. Might just be me, but he seemed useless. only good thing was to give eggs+1 attack:/

Hope this helps
Obviously differing opinions here, but I believe that Cube Hunter is the better deck of the 3. Cube Hunter does really well against Control decks whereas Secret/Spell can get wrecked easily if they don't have an explosive start, and can hold it's own against Aggro/Tempo decks, though I think Secret/Spell does do a bit better in those matchups.

Also you have to consider that any investment in to any popular Hunter archtype is going to be short lived, I don't think any of these 3 decks are going to survive rotation. Cube obviously loses all of it's synergy, whilst Secret/Spell loses cards like the Spellstone, secrets like Wandering Monster/Venomtrap, Flanking Strike. Also additionally Spell Hunter loses Rhok'delar and To My Side. Now you can argue that Zul'jin might keep it alive, but unless more good spells are printed I don't think you'll be seeing a pure Spell Hunter deck post rotation. And not to mention these decks won't have Rexxar to fall back on anymore.
DR Hunter is overall a much better deck. It can fall prey to really aggressive decks if your start isn't good against it (Spider Bomb, Hunter's Mark + Candleshot, early eggs or Grizzlies) and then dominates after the initial phase.

Keleseth is only used because you have nothing to do on turn 2, it's not really necessary. If facing lots of other Hunters, you can replace him with Chief Inspector to deal with secrets.

I think Secret Hunter is better than Spell Hunter, simply because you can play minions early and even curve out without giving up Spellstone and Zul'jin. You only give up To My Side and Rhok'Delar, which is fine. Subject 9 is totally busted in this deck.

~3 and a half months is a lot of time. But I wouldn't spend more than ~30% of my total dust reserves on something that will rotate in 3,5 months.
Even worse, it's very possible Hunter might received some nerfs, so there's that too.
12/31/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Teo
Not many people vouching for Deathrattle, it seems. I was looking to pull the trigger on Kathrena and a second Charged Devilsaur, rotation be damned - three months is plenty of time to mess with a deck anways.

I love my deathrattle hunter deck. It’s fun and does pretty well. I also don’t run Keleseth, so to the OP, it’s not essential IMO.
12/31/2018 02:19 PMPosted by Teo

I play both and DR hunter is too slow for the meta: if you high roll you can win, but most of the time you get steamrolled by odd rogues and paladins (they are coming back) or comboed by OTK paladins and any kind of priest -is funny, the deck is supposed to have a good matchup against slower decks but the lack of draw lets you opponent devour you with their boardclears and you have no way to get back on the game most of the time

spell hunter on the contrary is better for the current meta: it can fare well with fast decks and it can also mess with slow ones, just be careful you will be facing a lot of mirror matches so you might one to run a flare just in case

but the best one might be secret hunter: plays almost the same as spell hunter but is a bit more proactive
Boomzooka Hunter is Best Hunter
"I also don’t run Keleseth, so to the OP, it’s not essential IMO."

Please share this deck:)