[Survey] Games you play

Community Discussion
1. What games that you play, that you will recommend over HS? (minimum 3 titles?)
- do add in the reason/s why

the answers to above may not need to be of the same genre. I just want to see the general preferences of the players within this forum.
I say Read Dead Redemption 2. It's just a great Game with a great Story, you have a huge open World full of things to do. You can spent days of Hunting and Exploring. And there are so many Easter Eggs in the World, so many Details, you can really see the Effort they put in this Game. Even though the Controls are clunky.
ESO Legends - a break from HS and little more rewarding and can be quite fun.

AC Odyssey - Because I like Assassinating people and a open world to roam in.
Smash Ultimate I am finding to be quite excellent. But I’m confused by your insistence that recommendations must be exclusive. I play many games, in many forms.
01/03/2019 10:22 AMPosted by Mand
Smash Ultimate I am finding to be quite excellent. But I’m confused by your insistence that recommendations must be exclusive. I play many games, in many forms.

the answers to above may not need to be of the same genre. I just want to see the general preferences of the players within this forum.

Thanks for the reply.
Maybe you misunderstood. May - as in may be of same genre or maybe not of same genre.
Been playing through the entirety of the Kingdom Hearts series over the last month to prepare for KH3 and it's been pretty fun. Dumped way too many hours into XCOM EU/EW and XCOM 2. Played a lot of MTGArena also, but now I'm taking a break waiting for Ravnica Allegiance to come out. Metro Exodus looking like a snacc too.
01/03/2019 10:22 AMPosted by Mand

Thanks for the reply.
Maybe you misunderstood. May - as in may be of same genre or maybe not of same genre.

No, it’s about the recommend over Hearthstone bit. For me, they don’t much compete, nor dors Hearthstone compete with many games I play.
01/03/2019 11:01 AMPosted by Mand

No, it’s about the recommend over Hearthstone bit. For me, they don’t much compete, nor dors Hearthstone compete with many games I play.

I see, I get what you mean.
Actually, games does compete, as you can only play 1 game at a time. However, due to circumstances and mood, the preference over what to play may switch.

Some people will always grade certain games over another, even though he/she enjoy them anyway.
------------
On a personal interest, I see quite a few posts that poster declares that HS is a "bad" game, thus then what will be a good alternative to HS and what is it's appeal?
If based on the same genre, I can see what part of that recc game appeal attracts what type of players.
If based on a different genre, I can see what category of that recc game attracts what type of players.

Alternatively, even if the poster enjoy many types of games(including HS), it is interesting to see how people grade games, and if there is a particular genre that appeals to this group of players.

Thus, it makes it easy for me to understand the posters better
---------------------
The only real card game that can compete with hearthstone is MTG: Arena. Everything else is either a mediocre clone, or just bad. There isn’t much competition in digital card games right now.

If you’re just looking for 3 other games to play, the sales might be over, but here is what I recommend:

1) the witcher 3 + both DLC (pc) (steam winter sale: 27$ CAD)

Even if you already played this one, modding it with the vast amount of mods can completely change the experience. This still holds up as the best open world game to date, and mods just make it better.

2) smash bros. Ultimate (switch)

Not much needs to be said here. Best smash game to date, and arguably the best fighting game ever made. You could play it single player and still get 100 hours out of it.

3) Nier Automata (PC / PS4 / Xbox?)

Under appreciated game. It was a success, however not as many people have played or know about it as it should. It’s hard to really describe the game, as it does many different things, but it is mostly an action adventure game with RPG elements. Everything it does, it does well and it all works. If any of you do play it, the story wont make much sense until “act 3” as i’ll call it, so its worth finishing completely.
I also play Overwatch and Slay the Spire (roguelike game if you are not familiar).
Sure, here are my top-3 most played games right now not named HS:

1) Diablo 2 because I don't have reliable internet until my internet is brought in on the 9th. The wait is worth it though as I'll get Gig internet for $50/month =)

2) MtG:A which I feel is superior to HS right now when I want to play a competitive game of cards. When I want to relax I'll usually jump on HS but when I want to focus and be competitive it is MtG:A all the way for me right now.

3) Beholder: It is my fun side game right now that I'll boot up every now and then when I need to just chill and relax. It is a good game and well worth the $5 I paid on Steam for it =)

3) Nier Automata (PC / PS4 / Xbox?)

Under appreciated game. It was a success, however not as many people have played or know about it as it should. It’s hard to really describe the game, as it does many different things, but it is mostly an action adventure game with RPG elements. Everything it does, it does well and it all works. If any of you do play it, the story wont make much sense until “act 3” as i’ll call it, so its worth finishing completely.

Can't wait to start playing this game. I bought it in Summer Sale and am just now about to start the game after I finish Hellblade (goal is end of January).
Hey everyone!

Usually I try and steer clear of threads that talk about other games. I just don't want anyone here bashing on other games or those who prefer them. This thread does seem to be a decent conversation going on, so as long as we can keep it that way, I'll leave it open.

I removed one or two posts that were just disrespectful. If you have an issue with a game, Hearthstone or otherwise, please find a constructive way to discuss what it is you don't like. As well, respect the opinions of others.

Thanks all

(Moved this to Community Discussion as the conversation is outside of playing Hearthstone for the most part)
For online games, I am currently playing HS and MTGA.

MTGA (despite being still in beta) is already the superior game. And is improving at a much faster rate than HS.

Among board games, my current favorite is "Puerto Rico", a nearly flawless multi-player strategy game with simple rules, minimal luck, and sufficient complexity to not feel like it has a predetermined outcome. Honorable mention goes to the 18xx train games: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/18XX

Among card games, bridge is the best by far, unless you are not smart or focused enough to memorize a bidding system and count a 52 card deck.

Among collectible cards games, MTG is the best by a mile.
Everyone is different!!

For me.......

Tier 1
MTGA
Ace Combat Series (next release in February, Ace Combat 7)

Tier 2
DotA II
Heroes of the Storm

Tier 3
Starcraft 2
Hearthstone
Counter Strike

Currently benched
Diablo
Warcraft
Destiny 2
Battlefield

Honestly, Magic the Gathering Arena has been a breath of fresh air to me. Without bashing on Hearthstone, its taken what was always a superior card game and made it easy to play online. Hearthstone still has two advantages though, 1) its on mobile and 2) it requires very little brain power so you can easily multitask while playing. However, if you can sit down at a PC MTGA is where it's at for online card games IMO.

Favorite Board Game = Kemet + Ta Seti expansion
01/03/2019 02:09 PMPosted by Jesse Hill
Hey everyone!

Usually I try and steer clear of threads that talk about other games. I just don't want anyone here bashing on other games or those who prefer them. This thread does seem to be a decent conversation going on, so as long as we can keep it that way, I'll leave it open.

I removed one or two posts that were just disrespectful. If you have an issue with a game, Hearthstone or otherwise, please find a constructive way to discuss what it is you don't like. As well, respect the opinions of others.

Thanks all

(Moved this to Community Discussion as the conversation is outside of playing Hearthstone for the most part)

Dude.. feels like i am wading tru hell for weeks now on this forum.. seeing u. Is like a Angel.. Save me.. save uss.
Save this forum.. against all the Nay sayers.. Or just ban a few :) i got list if you want.. only about 75% of this forum ha..

Tought you took the buy out program man.. going to Bethesda or something.. your strike me as a Bethesda man.. ahh well..

*sees Jesse disappear again.. sigh.. keep on walking then.. he will be back one day..
Mmm, hard to say “play over”, since I usually play things concurrently. Though if something does grab my eye, I def. will play it at the exclusion of Hearthstone for a week or so.

Anyways, the new Smash is definitely worth the admission price, probably the most complete Smash they ever made. It’s almost too big - how do I even pick who I want to focus in?

Also, holy crap did the latest Zelda have a hold over me so much that I stopped playing anything else for a bit. Not perfect, but it was such a great blend of old standbys with new mechanics that I couldn’t help but explore the world like an innocent little kid. It helped that I went in with no knowledge of story or mechanics; made exploring so much more genuine.

I’m also planning to make a return to The Witcher; I almost collected everything in my NG playthrough, but due to choices I made, I think a section got shut out from me, so I want to go for NG+ after I’ve forgotten about the game a little more.

PS: I very much appreciate the blues being chill with talking about other games. I’ve known forums that were really strict about only talking about their game(s), and it made comparing and contrasting needlessly difficult, so I appreciate the open stance for these forums.
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

I waited 7 years to play this game, until find a job and pay for it and for a new computer, now I have 200 hours of gameplay and I still have a lot things to do, I'm loving this game.
PS: My partner is Lydia, different from what I expected because of some spoilers she is very good and even saved me a lot of times, I don't have any other follower who helps me like her, and I have most of them including Serana and I am a Thief/Rogue character.

CS 1.6 and Half-Life 2 closes this list, Hearthstone and Skyrim are the most played, so I don't have much time for others... For now.

Nier Automata is a game that I really want to give a try, but my PC is not that good, for now these old games are the best I can do.
01/03/2019 02:22 PMPosted by Delfunk
*sees Jesse disappear again

Just cause I'm not posting, doesn't mean I'm not watching ;)

Except for last week. Last week I was out spending holidays with my family. Back now tho! :)

01/03/2019 02:23 PMPosted by Teo
I very much appreciate the blues being chill with talking about other games.

As long as things stay civil, I'll do my best to leave it open.
Street Fighter 5 and Tekken 7.

Pros:
Both games are very balanced, have 0 RNG, and are all about skill and mind games.

Cons:
You have to learn a lot of timing and input before you can play mind games.