Kingsbane

Play Mode Discussion
Anyone else all of a sudden seeing a ton of kingsbane rogues?
Yes, the draw two pirates one weapon card was an extremely strong and underrated addition to the deck. Now they can consistently keep Kingsbane in play regardless of removal.

(Yes, I Dislike the deck and blizzards move towards non interactive play.)
Deck's such cancer, and way too easy to play due to its consistency.
I'll lend a hand.
Yes OP, serious post or genuinely asking...yes.

Right now Kings is just extra-played, the card has 2 main decks:
Kings Turbo-Rogue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ohkRvOf3Wo

Kings Shadowstep-Your-Coldlight Rogue.
Search Google and Youtube. Type in "Mill Rogue" and you'll see idk 24 bil? search results of videos and decklists...all showcasing Shadowstep + Coldlight 2-card combo as the key. You'll also see the joy it brings those players....so...if they do balance Coldlight Shadowstep someday...I think it's important to throw Rogues a 1/2 way point good Mill Card that isn't as strong as Shadow Light. You want these Mill players to still have a good, but not archetypes(2)-deleting, deck.

Turbo-Rogue is the way stronger deck
Mill-Rogue is the focused / big-deck-targeting (2-card combo) deck.

Both lists appear to run 2 Sap 2 Vanish...like most Rogues do.
These cards are basically automatic...and expected...with Prep on the Vanish.
Usually Prep + Vanish + play-anything is Mill's only late game play. Having this combo is super easy with Coldlight Shadowstep...and not as easy in Turbo Rogue.

Card's Turbo Rogue took-out (from Coldlight Rogue):
Shadowstep - Booted
Coldlight Oracle - Booted
This is all that matters (for Mill). This is the OP stuff...the combo Blizz needs to look at right now this winter. It beats up on non-aggro. Especially Combo, and non-combo Control (the few left in the game...example C'thun or so) get caught in the "anti-combo" Mill Rogue hate fest.

Non-essential Mill Rogue Cards:
I Want You, Cubed - Booted
Gang Up - Booted
Backstab, Eviscs, SI's - Booted
Spiders - Booted
Whatever flavor they want to go...
Healbots - Booted
Raiding Party (It's so good i'm sure Mill even adds 1).
etc.

Turbo Rogue opts to add in cards like:
Raiding Party
Greenskin
Dread Corsairs
Sprints
Blade Flurry (would be better at 2-3 mana)

Shiv is not-present in either Rogue deck because it costs 1 mana too much because it got nerfed.

So generally the difference is Turbo Rogue just wants to win..and probably does well vs all decks i'd assume including aggro.

Mill Rogue just wants to watch cards burn...and severely beat up on OTK TTK (off meta or not) decks...while also ganging up on "Control" decks trying to hit key cards which most are.

A fantastic example of why Shadowstep + Light is beyond-the-core...even though the Mill Rogues usually try to play it like Gang Up or Spiders or what have you mattered more than that spike...when they are not the engine and mill all in two cards.

From Hearthpwn:
Whatever you do...NEVER play your first Coldlight Oracle without Shadowstep (or Gang Up or Lab) in hand.

See? Shadow Light is self-admitted as the crux and why Blizz should untarget Coldlight.

In other news...when I googled Mill Rogue to see how many search results it would offer...Kolento has a nice video up called "How to counter Kingsbane...Mech Druid". Now I haven't watched it yet, but am hoping its actually targeting the meta-polarizing Mill Rogue over the "all around strong deck" Turbo Kings Rogue.
Look on the bright side, we only have one more expansion until that design mistake is banished to Hearthstone Hell. Hearthstone is already rendered to a chore until rotation hits because of how garbage this format is.
yep thats why im running defense matrix
if im lucky i get to play it after they used up all their bouncing/ vilespines

i noticed many wont go for face if i can surive the hit and i have big minion out
I've been seeing a lot around rank 19 while queuing on my quest shaman. Fortunately i do well against them if they don;t draw their leeching poison.
12/18/2018 01:26 PMPosted by EBSnike
Deck's such cancer, and way too easy to play due to its consistency.

Yep - it can be played successfully by any primate with hands. No brain required. Perfect deck for crappy players and those that were "behind" in school.
I was super lucky that Evenlock with the 3 mana 8/8 Mountain Giant was too much for my opponent with his Kings Bane Deck. However.. I was surprised that he was able to widow me down to about 8 heath before his death at turn 5-6. (I tapped like 2 times total for -4 health, but no more)..

Considering I was playing a Greedy Warlock Deck I'm beyond shocked that he was able to get his Kingbane to like 4-5 attack (I can't recall what exactly) by turn 5.

Yikes... The power here is real...
A lot of people started using it because of the recent Disguised Toast vid...
12/18/2018 12:47 PMPosted by happyfeet
Anyone else all of a sudden seeing a ton of kingsbane rogues?
Have been for the past 6 months. The only thing that has changed is now people notice because they are taking over standard play.
Law of unintended consequences...people moaning about it on the forums results in small but significant rise in players using said deck?
12/18/2018 05:33 PMPosted by Headspin
Law of unintended consequences...people moaning about it on the forums results in small but significant rise in players using said deck?
Yeah, I'm sure the forums which only a small percentage of the community uses has had a hand in the polarization of KB.. Doubt it. Maybe it's the fact that the deck is far beyond broken and people realize they can play it to get easy wins without having to invest time and copius amounts of money into the game. If it didn't offer an advantage over the other decks than it wouldn't be so popular. It's not rocket science.
I actually haven't faced one yet.

A couple back when it first came out, sure. Back in KnC.

Most of my matches are still hunter, though I do see a larger number of mages (not even odd ones usually) than I suspect the average user does.

Rush warrior too. Though that one is being streamed more lately so that's probably why.

I actually dont see many rogues of any flavor.
12/18/2018 05:41 PMPosted by Tman15tmb
12/18/2018 05:33 PMPosted by Headspin
Yeah, I'm sure the forums which only a small percentage of the community uses has had a hand in the polarization of KB.. Doubt it. Maybe it's the fact that the deck is far beyond broken and people realize they can play it to get easy wins without having to invest time and copius amounts of money into the game. If it didn't offer an advantage over other the decks than it wouldn't be so popular. It's not rocket science.

What a weird thing to say. Odd paladin is the highest performing deck at the moment...and the only tier 1 last I saw. Most variants of hunter also still outperform much of the meta.

Kingsbane hits one type of deck, and basically nothing else. Maybe if their bracket is all control decks, but with the sheer power of odd pally I dont really see why a person would ever choose kingsbane for their "cheap easy wins".

Especially since it requires 3 legendaries (minimum) and odd pally demands only 1.
12/18/2018 01:38 PMPosted by OilyWarlock
Look on the bright side, we only have one more expansion until that design mistake is banished to Hearthstone Hell. Hearthstone is already rendered to a chore until rotation hits because of how garbage this format is.
Politley, Shadowstep + Coldlight is classic set...it never goes away...it only gets stronger...
it beats up on non-aggro decks...and encourages aggro to be played..which always will be played...so because of that mill rogue is just an attack-deck on medium to big decks..but because of aggro can never be a winning deck. that's it.
Kingsbane was my favourite deck, but since it got extreme consistency and became mainstream with this draw pirates+weapon card, I dont mind the nerf. The deck was pretty cool as a meme standard deck, but with the added consistency, it is not good for the health of this game.

I would strongly prefer a nerf to the new card, but whatever. And I dont take Wild as an argument for nerf, because they havent touched Barnes, so this is 100% nerf because of standard.

Shame Blizzard did not address all the cards that are annoying and not healthy for the game imo. Cards like DK Rexxar, DK Jaina and Togwaggle are in the same annoying bracket imo. Yet they were untouched.