Leeching Poison

Play Mode Discussion
Even though it now reads "Give your weapon lifesteal this turn" will Kingsbane still keep the Enchantment because it reads "Always keep enchantments" ?
nope the enchantment has a built in remove this effect right on it specifically to stop that.
Kind of makes Kingsbane sub par now. Because that deck relies on the life steal to survive. You basically now have to make it a tempo rogue with more pirates or something that can also deal damage
It still keeps the enchantment, but the enchantment is "Lifesteal until the end of the turn", so it gets removed despite keeping enchantments.

Technically though, if it's removed from the field before the end of the turn it should continue to have "Lifesteal until the end of the turn" until the next time it's played and actually reaches the end of the turn.
So technically at end game if it works that way, you can always have a Leeching poison on it because you can continue to shuffle two kingsbanes around till you win?
12/19/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Viizion
So technically at end game if it works that way, you can always have a Leeching poison on it because you can continue to shuffle two kingsbanes around till you win?
I think the weapon would have to be destroyed the turn it is played for that situation to happen later in the game.
12/19/2018 11:58 AMPosted by Hdheggs
12/19/2018 11:29 AMPosted by Viizion
I think the weapon would have to be destroyed the turn it is played for that situation to happen later in the game.

Even if it did work that way, I think that’d be against the intention of the nerf and it’d be removed as a bug.

Eh, this does change up how Kingsbane is played. It now has a time limit beyond “opponent’s got their otk combo”. The current version in Standard can be somewhat aggressive depending on draws, but this definitely warps the deck from a control deck aiming to win the late game to one that might want to try to win earlier. Might mean Eviscerates instead of Vanishes for burst, or possibly stronger pirates. Definitely won’t be as strong as it is now, but with any luck, this might make Leeching good with non-Kingsbane weapons (though Rogue does not have many high attack weapons, do they?).

Kingsbane in Wild would be pretty much dead though. It aimed to play stall and then catchup via the Lifesteal, which it can no longer do, so now its only real strength is being a decent mill deck.
I wish they wrote leeching poison to last for 1 set of charges for the weapon so either doomerrang or destruction of the weapon would remove future lifesteal. This seems fairer, as it doesn't completely destroy the deck, but does mean you can't count on the lifesteal keeping you alive forever. Also this allows for counter play with the weapon destruction often in decks. Otherwise it should be a zero mana cantrip(might see play as shuffle card in some auctioneer style decks). As it stands it's not worth putting in any deck and will not ever see the light of day again. In general I like the nurfs.
Kingsbane is dead deck now. the lifesteal made it work
12/19/2018 11:15 AMPosted by Viizion
Kind of makes Kingsbane sub par now. Because that deck relies on the life steal to survive. You basically now have to make it a tempo rogue with more pirates or something that can also deal damage

Its almost as if that was the fraking point!
Something that was toyed around with a bit at the start of the season was a pirate deck that ran kingsbane so that it could get away with using raiding party, and the kingsbane sort of acts as burn where you get it to 4-6 attack and just jam face every turn in your aggro pirate deck. Maybe that style becomes more popular?
its still a good card to use, it was one of the most broken cards ever (only being used with kb)
you can do about on average 10+ attack and heal 10+ for 2 mana, dumping cheap cards while milling
12/19/2018 03:43 PMPosted by SuperLegend
its still a good card to use, it was one of the most broken cards ever (only being used with kb)
you can do about on average 10+ attack and heal 10+ for 2 mana, dumping cheap cards while milling

you mean a card that heals you if and only if
a)it's super late game (you're probably dead by the time your KB is at 8+)
b)you have both boomerang in hand and a target for it
c)you're running KB
d)opponent isn't running geist

the nerf destroyed the card.

even the mana reduction is somewhat a nerf since it's now destroyed by geist...

it should be either 0 cost or 2 cost and draw a card to be even considered a card atm.

plus, it's ridiculous that now the wholke purpose of a generic weapon buff, and the only source of healing for rogue, only works iwith KB and not a single other rogue weapon/HP

they should have made it at least last a whole durability of a weapon so it could be somewhat be used with other weapons like assassin blade and such.
I'm not even sure why it's taken them this long to do anything about it.
12/19/2018 04:13 PMPosted by Shroud
12/19/2018 03:43 PMPosted by SuperLegend

you mean a card that heals you if and only if
a)it's super late game (you're probably dead by the time your KB is at 8+)
b)you have both boomerang in hand and a target for it
c)you're running KB
d)opponent isn't running geist

the nerf destroyed the card.

even the mana reduction is somewhat a nerf since it's now destroyed by geist...

it should be either 0 cost or 2 cost and draw a card to be even considered a card atm.

plus, it's ridiculous that now the wholke purpose of a generic weapon buff, and the only source of healing for rogue, only works iwith KB and not a single other rogue weapon/HP

they should have made it at least last a whole durability of a weapon so it could be somewhat be used with other weapons like assassin blade and such.

Yeah, I also feel like the drop to 1 mana was a little absurd. So now even if there is a work around you still have to hope to god your opponent isn't running Geist. It's a sad day for KB players. Was literally my favorite deck. Back to Death Rattle Rouge, I suppose