Dragon roar...

Arena Discussion
It's ok for constructed. NOT ok for arena. It's ridiculous. it removed all the fun of playing against warrior. SO frustrating. Let's ban MCT after 4 years of players complaining and then add another cards thats does not belong in arena. 2 or 4 dragon roar every single time. How do you win against like 2 sindragosa, aliestrazsa and all the other op legendary dragon. It doesn't make sense to play this in arena. Make it top 1 bucket at least and reduce the rate of it happening. Jesus Christ
Good card yes.
I'm sorry but 2 Mana do nothing is completely okay for arena. Late game/value wise yeah it's pretty strong, but there are plenty/tons of late game/value cards, so...
What about when you get the crappy dragons? Not so OP then, is it? It's a RNG card, and it's effectively pay 2 mana for no immediate effect. In a heavy control/value arena meta, yes Dragon Roar would be quite strong. Are we in that meta, though? I think it's still tempo/curve based, is it not? Someone playing turn 1 do nothing turn 2 dragon roar is going to lose 95% of the time to someone playing 1 drop 2 drop. Of course there are exceptions, but ya
dragon roar > sindragosa > deathwing

amazing skill
.... and right after playing Deathwing, the opponent topdecks Stubborn Gastropod.

RNG happens. Dragon Roar CAN indeed give you lucky cards. It can also give you Faerie Dragon + Temporus.
01/01/2019 11:10 AMPosted by BigHugger
.... and right after playing Deathwing, the opponent topdecks Stubborn Gastropod.

RNG happens. Dragon Roar CAN indeed give you lucky cards. It can also give you Faerie Dragon + Temporus.

Not to mention even if it does give you double Ysera, good luck ever finding the time to be able to drop that as it'll take your whole turn. Then you better hope you get a ysera awakens and not a nightmare or laughing sister. So even when you get amazing results, you still paid 2 mana to do nothing. Which in arena, is pretty bad, in general. We all get it's usually strong for a late game/value card though, trust me. It's just that in arena, you'll usually never even get past turn 10, 15 at most usually.
01/01/2019 11:10 AMPosted by BigHugger

and then your opponent draws primordial drake, RNG happens, RNG is good for this game it makes it fun and exciting!
At Least Dragon Roar rotates. We had to fight to get rid of MCT and it was a forever card that never rotated. Its fine if there are good cards in Arena as long as they are not forever cards.
To be fair, since the patch of buff and nerf for appearance of cards from class, Dragon Roar seems less of a problem now. It's more a 1 or 2 per deck. You need to be really aggressive against warrior and they should not be a problem! With their 5 weapons per deck lol they can't do shiet
Iv never been an Arena player, but i have tried multiple runs lately. And as a new player to Arena, i can tell you that Dragon Roar, seem like a problem. The experience im left with, is that Warriors are balanced or possible on the weak side without Dragon Roar, but insane with the card. Surely not indended by Blizzard. 1 card should not make or break a class.

Dragon Roar on its own is a 2 mana draw 2 cards. Wich is very good on its own. Arcane Intellect comes to mind. 3 mana draw 2 card. 1 mana more. Way worse. But still have a 62 rating on Heartharena. Draw 2 random cards. Can be bad. But with Dragon Roar you are guaranteed 2 dragons. Wich is way better than drawing 2 random cards. There simply is no bad dragons. At best, 1 Dragon Roar, wins you the game very easily. On average, 1 Dragon Roar wins you the game, pretty easily. At worst, you draw 2 good cards for 2 mana. Wich is insane on its own. There simply is no loosing with the card. No class has a counter to it.

There simply is no other card that generates game breaking cards on a regular basis. None. Exept Dragon Roar. Wich is why the Arena is littered with Warriors atm. Some even had 3 Dragon Roars.

My suggestion is making it atleast a 3 mana cost card. Wich makes it still a better card than Arcane Intellect, by a large margine, but keeps it in line with 1 mana cost for the first draw, and 2 mana for the consecutive draws of cards. As it should be in my opinion.
Just today I faced a double Onyxia given by Dragon Roar. Total BS. My last game they got Emeriss - needless to say I lost.

I agree - take it out of Arena play. It really has no business in there since it opens up a path only Warriors have access too.
What little strategy is in this game is all about stats; and the one stat is, 2 mana for 2 dragons, when statistically you are likely to pull at more than one 5+ dragon, is INSANE

Just look at the dragon cards in STANDARD

I"LL DO IT FOR YOu

Mana- COunT
2s- 1
3s- 2
4s- 4
5s- 4
6s- 1
7s- 3
8s- 2
9s - 6
10s- 2