Those new kingsbane decks are honestly ridiculous

Play Mode Discussion
The fact they stick a bunch of pirates and have like 5 ways to draw it from their deck (ALONG with the pirates) so they either kill you by smorcing face or by going infinite with kingsbane later on.

I actually think this will warrant a nerf down the line.
Doomerang is the biggest issue, if prelates get reset by going back into the hand/deck then kingsbane should as well.
12/13/2018 09:12 AMPosted by SuperAides
Doomerang is the biggest issue, if prelates get reset by going back into the hand/deck then kingsbane should as well.

I think what broke it was the new 3 mana draw 2 pirates + kingsbane card.

Like not only they have 2 other ways to find it from their deck, BUT THEY ALSO draw the pirates that buff it at the same time, FOR 3 MANA!

Like they can even become an aggro deck with a good draw, its absurd considering its supposed to be a slow/late game deck.

prelate has different text.
12/13/2018 12:46 PMPosted by kilian

Prelates get reset when they're bounced.

they both should have the same though
12/13/2018 01:34 PMPosted by RhokDelar

Nope.
12/13/2018 01:23 PMPosted by Sabaku

Prelates get reset when they're bounced.
prelate its part of deathratthle for kingsbane its not.
12/13/2018 10:07 PMPosted by kilian
12/13/2018 01:34 PMPosted by RhokDelar

Nope.

you say nope, but I still think they should; at least that way doomerang screw them
12/13/2018 10:12 PMPosted by RhokDelar
<span class="truncated">...</span>
Nope.

you say nope, but I still think they should; at least that way doomerang screw them

I tink no doomerang was made for deck. I dont think anything about decks needs changing we kust need (non bugged) tech which we already got suite few cards off.

Unless its gamebreaking im against nerfs in general.
I way rather we get answers for stuff then nerfs that often ruin cards forever.
Or if nerfs happen the wrong card is nerfed.
Yeah ... wtf are they doing over there, seriously? O_o
Are they all sleeping on their job at team 5? Just like Psychmelon with Aviana-Kun EVERYONE could have told the team that this new pirate draw card strengthens only Kingsbane rogue and nothing else.
But, the winrates..... but you need to Git Gud.... but you need to adapt your playstyle.... but, but.

Right. ;)
Play a control deck to try to counter pally and run into kingsbane = just concede
Well just play paladin smorc = mind numbing

Can we just time warp this game to April now plz
I have kingsbane.

So let's discuss what cards push it over the "limit" so to speak. I'll add my thoughts on what I've felt.

Kingsbane: Obviously the most important one. Nerfs here probably aren't super impactful unless they totally destroy the card. Giving it prelate text isnt as big a deal as you guys think, as prelate has significantly more tech and far less ways to fetch it. I didn't even have doomerange until last week.

Doomerange: overall, this is just shield slam that adds 1 durability to your weapon on average. And that's fine. However...its the only card that allows you to use weapon abilities the way it does. Remove the ability for it to trigger lifesteal and you've got a decent nerf to stability.

Shinyfinder: A pretty exceptionally fair card, but a key fetch for kingsbane. A bump in mana (and stats) slows the deck down and that matters a ton.

Raiding party: Yeah, this is why the deck is killing it. One more fetch makes it consistent. But you dont want to nerf this, because kingsbane rotates soon and the card is barely useable in actual pirate decks as is. We dont want to ruin a card that encourages people to enjoy other, less cheesy, decks for a year to solve a problem that will only last 3 months.

The easiest target is the weapon itself. You can bump its mans cost to 3 and it makes it much harder to preload it in advance of other things. It's still going to smash your late game greed decks, but slower. You'll have more time to work around it.

Unless you're a fatigue deck, that is. But, frankly, you kinda deserve it then. Those decks are just as anti fun and cheesy, and the two deserve each other.

Nerfing it to 3 mana also makes it instantly lose to all aggro...so polarization yay! And proactive control decks have a fair chance of getting in the game. So, this essentially kills the deck because it has too many weak matches and too few good ones.

But, if they kill it I can get 1600 dust. Which means I can get something else i really want.

Let's do this!
It gets destroyed by Odd Paladin and Even Shaman. Agaist control/combo/midrange its pretty good.
smash them in face. They die. You win.
lifesteal is the biggest issue.
12/14/2018 05:49 AMPosted by Crazyman666
smash them in face. They die. You win.
wow you are a genius.
I can see some people are disregarding actual data, based on thousands of games, but the current winrate of KB is underwhelming at best. It is barely floating over 50% at the moment and it's been steadily dropping over last few days.

Most interesting facts:

KB has bad matchup with most of top 10 decks.
KB has also mostly bad matchupts with 10 most popular decks.

It looks like KB only stay afloat because it prays on niche and subpar decks.
It has amazing matchup with Odd Warrior, but Odd Warrior is steadily going into decline and probably extinction.

In a few weeks, those subpar decks will go away from the meta and KB will move back to Tier3/4 were it has been hanging around last expansion and definatelly drop in popularity.

KB resurgence is just a novelty thing like rise of Spell Hunters (people are moving back to other versions of Hunter as they are more efficient) or Odd Mages (winrate is underwhelming, players go back to BSM or experiment with tempo versions).