Is Odd Warrior even worth playing against???

Play Mode Discussion
Doesnt seem to be. And No, I dont play Hunter either. Other than Hunters I seem to be running into a lot of these and its a pretty ball-numbing experience. They stack like 80 armor & have unlimted removal.... I mean like never-ending removal.

So, I suppose the standard "just smorc them" with a hand vomit deck is the right answer here? Otherwise, whats the point of a 45 minute game where none of your guys ever live and you have to break through like 80 armor?
SMORC doesn’t work. Gul’dan and Jaina work, but it’s likely going to fatigue.

If you want the easy way out play Cubes. Doesn’t have to be Hunter, Warlock and Rogue Cubes work just fine.
01/02/2019 03:59 AMPosted by Marcoscongas
SMORC doesn’t work. Gul’dan and Jaina work, but it’s likely going to fatigue.

If you want the easy way out play Cubes. Doesn’t have to be Hunter, Warlock and Rogue Cubes work just fine.

So a later-game DK deck then? Fair enough. Forget midrange or tempo decks, those are a lost cause.
Even shaman also works. Once you plat hagatha you win basically
why do people hate Odd Warrior so much ?

if you compare it, to a BSM or Controllock deck ?, which do basically the same ?
01/02/2019 04:08 AMPosted by azweik

if you compare it, to a BSM or Controllock deck ?, which do basically the same ?

Doesn't feel fair just having the opponent hero power then do something when your board is too much.
01/02/2019 04:44 AMPosted by MrMagoo

Doesn't feel fair just having the opponent hero power then do something when your board is too much.

This. It's just lame that their win condition is spamming their hero power and playing removal cards. Also the games against them last way longer than what a hearthstone game should last, win or lose.
Odd warrior is favored against jaina imo,they have to play smart but that should not be a big problem. With most combo gone odd warrior,all or not with the quest,is the way to go.
Added benefit:it makes opponents salty and you will earn a few early concedes. Combo priest can still be a problem thoug,they get so much time and can have above 80 burst.
Rez priest I tech in vivid nightmare or whatever it's called velen Velen maly. deal 80. Armour doesn't really matter then. Odd warrior puts 0 pressure on you. Just wait for combo
I do well against them with a Burgle Rogue. So few run Weapon removal, so Spectral Cutlass goes infinite. I got the last 2 I played to concede when I played a Explore Un'goro card that I got from a Blink Fox. Play a Warrior Discover card and get Rogue cards. I pulled a few copies of AE, so they knew I would never go fatigue.

You can sometimes beat BSM with a midrange or tempo deck. You won't beat Odd warrior. BSM is rather disliked too though.

I don't mind facing control Odd Mage though. They generally have Flamestrike and Dragon Fury. 4 aoe spells is a nice spot where they can easily wipe your board, but can also run out of aoe if they throw them out without thinking or you manage to bait it out. It's a good example of control you can actually have a game against, instead of taking the auto-loss because you got the wrong match-up.
There are many cards that shut down Odd Warrior.

Rin, Deathstalker Rexxar, Frost Lich Jaina, Immortal Prelate, or any solid OTK combo will give them a headache.

Skulking Geist eats Shield Slam and Omega Assembly, which can be very crippling.

Quest Warrior also puts the heat on Odd Warrior. 8 damage per turn is nothing to laugh at.
The matches feel awfully one-dimensional.

That's the issue.
OK - all good replies. Many of you nailed the problem: The games are just really, really long and uneventful other than watching every guy you play get nuked immediately, lol. I know, its a control deck and thats how they play out but with odd Warrior its especially brutal.
I had a hilarious game versus an Odd Warrior the other day. Was playing a homebrewed Midrange/Unstable Evolution Shaman and was able to legitimately run him out of answers with overwhelming value. Krag'Wa and Hagatha are insane.

The matches are tedious, and Warrior is still a very polarizing deck, but at the very least OTK isn't the only answer.
Anything that outvalues Warrior can beat it. Odd Warrior is not viable in Wild cause there many decks like Renolock and most combo decks that punish passive play with limited removal. Having multiple medium to large sized targets without filling the board is the best way to beat Warrior. Ultimately you bait their clears with inefficient plays on their part and then play your finishers when they'be exhausted all options.
Thief Rogue. It always out values Odd warrior in the long run, and sometimes overwhelms them in the short run. Either way, you should win.
The last few posts pretty much tells the issue with the new Dragon version.

It doesn’t run tech cards against combo so it’s more polarized than the BDP version.

I used to love Immortal Prelate playing Odd Warrior. I waited for a few buffs, then sprang the Faceless Owl trap on them. That’s gone now.

Against Malygos Rogue, Rin, and a few others Azalina helped get the win. That’s gone now.
Most Odd Warriors I play against instant concede the second I play my quest for Priest.

It's an easy deck to beat, around 85% win rate, but boy is that hero power annoying and I have to Amara 3 times.
01/02/2019 02:45 PMPosted by Schyla
Most Odd Warriors I play against instant concede the second I play my quest for Priest.

It's an easy deck to beat, around 85% win rate, but boy is that hero power annoying and I have to Amara 3 times.

I was about to say Hakkar beats Baku Warrior =)