Legendary drop rate increased?

Play Mode Discussion
I was curious if anyone else has had the same kind of pack opening it did. I opened 76 packs and got 7 legendaries. I have never had this kind of luck opening packs, is this the norm that people are seeing this release?
rng is rng, sometimes you win big.

In short nothings changed you just had some good luck.
It didn't increase, you were simply lucky
You got lucky, for me it was an increase in epics. According to pity tracker, my epic drop rate was over 2% higher than my other sets.
i opened 3 legends in 110 packs during boomsday

for this expansion i opened 14 in 200.

That's just how it goes.
Ok, thank you for the input. I was just surprised, presently surprised, but still.
12/05/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Herodreamer

That's just how it goes.

Opened a similar amount of witchwood and got 3 if I remember correctly, at least the way it worked out I was close to the pity timer.
Just rng.

I went 4 from 76 with the last taking 35 packs.
I thought it was fair. I got 9 total with the freebie, 103 packs. One was a triple legendary another a double.
As others have said, it's just RNG. Some expansions you get lucky; others not so much.

I had basically the opposite pattern. For example, in Witchwood I got super lucky: 11 legendaries in 100 packs on the first day. Boomsday was a little above the average drop rate as well for me.

Rastakhan went the other way: 6 legendaries in 129 packs. All three of the Mammoth expansions had similarly below average drop rates, though I didn't start keeping records of all packs until WW, so the exact rate is a bit fuzzier there (though KotFT seems to have been my worst expansion for legendary drops).

Basically, it's just luck, and it generally will even out over time. With an average rate of 1/20 packs and a 40-pack timer, even 100 packs are likely to produce widely divergent outcomes for individual players.
12/05/2018 01:32 PMPosted by endersgamer
12/05/2018 01:28 PMPosted by Herodreamer

That's just how it goes.

Opened a similar amount of witchwood and got 3 if I remember correctly, at least the way it worked out I was close to the pity timer.

I actually broke the pity timer on Boomsday. I went like 12 packs over the supposed 40 limit.

No one believes me but my friend was here to see it. I wrote Blizzard asking them what happened. The first guy said the Pity Timer was a myth. Two months later I wrote back again straight up asking if the Pity timer is real. I got a run-around answer neither confirming nor denying it.

Sketchy
12/05/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Herodreamer
12/05/2018 01:32 PMPosted by endersgamer

I actually broke the pity timer on Boomsday. I went like 12 packs over the supposed 40 limit.

No one believes me but my friend was here to see it. I wrote Blizzard asking them what happened. The first guy said the Pity Timer was a myth. Two months later I wrote back again straight up asking if the Pity timer is real. I got a run-around answer neither confirming nor denying it.

Sketchy

If you have video you'll be instantly famous.

But you don't. Dang.
2 legendaries and an epic in 6 packs. imagine my surprise.
For me it was the exact opposite - in ~85 packs, I only got 3 legendaries.
i opened 10 packs and got 4 legendaries... Seems legit
sometimes you push the button and you would win, sometimes you would lose.

Its same as slot machines. you pay X and you would get Y tries every time. though it doesnt mean you would get "value" for your money. sometimes you would win less, sometimes you would hit jackpot, sometimes you would lose.

Just a gamble with money or ingame currency.

But its nice to hear someone got some value back.
4 legendary in 60 packs. Not terrible.
i got 3 legendaries in 76 packs. I guess that's the norm