Exodia Paladin

Play Mode Discussion
Hello,

Meta has started to settling down. I was wondering what do you think would be great to craft? I know Spell/Secret Hunter is a great option, but I am not interested to craft it, so as an Odd Paladin.

I want to craft Rush Warrior and to improve my Odd Warrior deck from The Boomsday expansion. Also, want to make something other than Warrior, so I am considering to craft Exodia Paladin, then I will have one aggro, one control and one OTK. What do you think about this deck? Can it be good in this meta? Did anyone of you playing it right now? Is it worth to craft Uther and Tarim even if they rotate in a few months? What list do you prefer, etc?

Thank you for your answers,
Good luck in your future battles,
Regards, Jurke39
Go for OTK Paladin. The deck can’t lose. Just like the other ridiculous OTK decks we get to "enjoy" now. May as well join the OTK club, it’s whats for dinner.
12/14/2018 02:05 AMPosted by Mikey
Go for OTK Paladin. The deck can’t lose. Just like the other ridiculous OTK decks we get to "enjoy" now. May as well join the OTK club, it’s whats for dinner.

except it loses terriably to aggro and other otk decks. So it loses a lot lol
OTK paladin is tier 2 according to VS. If you want to win as paladin you play odd pally with 0 new cards. Super boring.

Tempo warrior is the way to go for warrior.

Odd warrior is completely pushed out of meta. It loses to every otk deck, it loses to death hunters, it gets completely destroyed by kingsbane. You play warrior you hope to get aggro or u lose. There are better decks for this.

IF you absolutely want to just ladder with one otk, one control, one aggro then you play maly druid, no fun anti combo warlock, odd paladin. Though you should sub maly druid for kingsbane I think even though its not otk.
12/14/2018 11:41 AMPosted by Urza
OTK paladin is tier 2 according to VS. If you want to win as paladin you play odd pally with 0 new cards. Super boring.

Tempo warrior is the way to go for warrior.

Odd warrior is completely pushed out of meta. It loses to every otk deck, it loses to death hunters, it gets completely destroyed by kingsbane. You play warrior you hope to get aggro or u lose. There are better decks for this.

IF you absolutely want to just ladder with one otk, one control, one aggro then you play maly druid, no fun anti combo warlock, odd paladin. Though you should sub maly druid for kingsbane I think even though its not otk.

Thank you for your idea. You mentioned it all 3 decks that I hate. :)

It is not everything in winning games, you need to enjoy and have fun, too. Thats why I am considering to craft tier 2 or tier 3 decks. In my opinion, even these decks can reach rank 5. Since I do not try hard to hit legend, I am satisfy with rank 5 or rank 1 (mostly because of golden epic - 400 dust), because there is not big deference between rewards in rank 5 or in legend. But, before crafting, I always ask about potential decks, because I really want to hear thoughts, opinions, experiences and advises from people who tried it already or they are better players, or just play longer then me. One of the main problems in this game is that you need to be careful what do you craft, because there is no "refund" options. You can disenchant but you will lose a lot of dust. I understand that no one can guarantee you that you will not regret it, but there is smaller chance for that if you hear what people say about that idea.
If you want to play some janky off meta but decent otk control and agro decks then I suggest Holy Wrath OTK Paladin, Quest Hakkar Priest, and Mech Token Hunter with 2 witch cauldron. I can give you list for token hunter if u want it. Its pretty coo. 47% winrate over 100 games. Let me know.
12/14/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Urza
If you want to play some janky off meta but decent otk control and agro decks then I suggest Holy Wrath OTK Paladin, Quest Hakkar Priest, and Mech Token Hunter with 2 witch cauldron. I can give you list for token hunter if u want it. Its pretty coo. 47% winrate over 100 games. Let me know.

From all offered, I am only interested in Holy Wrath OTK Paladin. Priest is not my type of class and I played a lot of Hunter, so I want to rest a little bit.

What are pros and cons of Holy Wrath OTK Paladin? Is there a big difference between Exodia and Holy Wrath? How are they struggling against aggro, control and the other OTK decks?
12/14/2018 11:30 PMPosted by Jurke39
12/14/2018 03:10 PMPosted by Urza

From all offered, I am only interested in Holy Wrath OTK Paladin. Priest is not my type of class and I played a lot of Hunter, so I want to rest a little bit.

What are pros and cons of Holy Wrath OTK Paladin? Is there a big difference between Exodia and Holy Wrath? How are they struggling against aggro, control and the other OTK decks?

The pros and cons imo are:
A bit worse draw because you can't run call.
A bit less rng because you don't rely on the 50% coin flip to get the correct riders out of your hero power.
A bit more flexible because, depending on match ups you can sacrifice combo pieces and still do your otk in the end.
Can be hard countered by odd warrior and Druids that go all out gaining armor (outside of your combo range) or other paladins (a good timed time out)

As for differences, there are not that much, you swap bounce and copy package and calls for bankers, an elec, novices and holy wraths
12/15/2018 12:03 AMPosted by Shroud
12/14/2018 11:30 PMPosted by Jurke39

The pros and cons imo are:
A bit worse draw because you can't run call.
A bit less rng because you don't rely on the 50% coin flip to get the correct riders out of your hero power.
A bit more flexible because, depending on match ups you can sacrifice combo pieces and still do your otk in the end.
Can be hard countered by odd warrior and Druids that go all out gaining armor (outside of your combo range) or other paladins (a good timed time out)

As for differences, there are not that much, you swap bounce and copy package and calls for bankers, an elec, novices and holy wraths

Thank you for your answer. It is very useful.

What do you think, is it worth to play these decks? Also, do you maybe know what match ups are good or bad for these decks?
If you're going to play Paladin, just go Odd.

OTK Pally is too clunky and vulnerable to aggressive decks.