How do you counter Secret Hunter?

Play Mode Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
T1 - Coin + wandering monster
T2 - Snake trap
T3 - Animal companion
T4 - Flanking Strike
T5 - Emerald Spellstone

They have a 3 drop by turn 2, along with 3 1/1/1s. Then can get a 4/4 taunt, 4/2 charger, and or 2/4 give all your 1/1s the ability to trade into anything. Into Frostbolt summon a 3/3, into 5 mana 12/12

I'm not even mentioning rexxar, zuljin, rhokdelar, or any of the other over value cards in the deck...
Why'd you ever coin a secret if you got spellstone in the opening hand.
12/22/2018 08:46 AMPosted by EBSnike

to upgrade the spellstone

*facepalm*
12/22/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Reinhardt
12/22/2018 08:46 AMPosted by EBSnike

*facepalm*

Noob. Save the coin for a turn 4 spellstone noob *facepalm*
Don't attack his hero with a weak minion.
12/22/2018 08:48 AMPosted by housemusic
12/22/2018 08:47 AMPosted by Reinhardt

*facepalm*

Why would you save the coin for spellstone when you can perfectly curve out and achieve a much higher play....

This forum is like talking to rank 25 the community.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

*facepalm*

Thanks for advertising you don't know how to play the game
Don't attack into secrets if you're not ready to deal with the results.
A Greater Emerald Spellstone on 4 with Coin is far more powerful than on 5 (having spent the coin earlier).

Given that the opponent has either 5 (turn 4 Coin + Spellstone) or 6 mana (turn 5 because you wasted the Coin), the amount of options available to deal with the wolves differ greatly, which can mean the difference between the wolves hitting face or not. Using the coin on a Turn 1 Secret also means giving your opponent an extra turn to find an answer.
I simply don't attack. Let them attack me. Then, when I completely control the board, I attack with a minion that I'm ok with getting bounced or attacking into another minion.

I play priest and that's my strategy. Plus, if you don't attack, it leaves them with chances to have dead cards in hand because you can't play a secret if it's already in play.

When I play hunter, it annoys me when people don't attack. It messes up my synergy for board control
12/22/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Geoxyx

Why would you save the coin for spellstone when you can perfectly curve out and achieve a much higher play....

What happens if they dont have a minion on board for turn 4? The fact that you COIN out a secret on TURN 1 when ur holding spellstone is getting ahead of yourself, like youre assuming the opponent is an aggro minion deck like zoo.

Rank 25 player lmao i hit legend a long time ago.

Are you even legend kid?
12/22/2018 09:13 AMPosted by housemusic

Are you even legend kid?

Get legend every season, kid.
12/22/2018 09:11 AMPosted by housemusic
12/22/2018 08:51 AMPosted by Geoxyx

What happens if they dont have a minion on board for turn 4? The fact that you COIN out a secret on TURN 1 when ur holding spellstone is getting ahead of yourself, like youre assuming the opponent is an aggro minion deck like zoo.

Rank 25 player lmao i hit legend a long time ago.

Not having a minion on board probably means you lost the game from being out tempoed by secret hunter anyway.

But even then you have other options, such as just playing another animal companion + tracking. Another secret + hero power.
"How do I play around secrets?!"

By not doing the stuff that triggers them unless doing so undermines the effect?

Good lord this forum....

You all realize that secrets haven't changed in ages, yeah? And spellstone was around for 3 expansions now?

My, how ever did all these players manage for an entire year against the unstoppable might of secrets?

Probably by being better at the game than we appear to be now.
12/22/2018 08:44 AMPosted by Reinhardt
T1 - Coin + wandering monster
T2 - Snake trap
T3 - Animal companion
T4 - Flanking Strike
T5 - Emerald Spellstone

They have a 3 drop by turn 2, along with 3 1/1/1s. Then can get a 4/4 taunt, 4/2 charger, and or 2/4 give all your 1/1s the ability to trade into anything. Into Frostbolt summon a 3/3, into 5 mana 12/12

I'm not even mentioning rexxar, zuljin, rhokdelar, or any of the other over value cards in the deck...

Yeah that's pretty much it. Opening hand and matchup.

Actually lost to a new twist on token druid rank 17. Like your list there is that opening list.

Firefly
Prince Keleseth
*my hand started out slow anything I could drop would be dead and still not have the board)
turn 3 an upgraded Mindbreaker
turn 4 Saronite Chain Gang
*people can downvote me outlets be real on common cards on the top
turn 5 I forget what card was played
turn 6 coin Spiteful Summoner (Ultimate infestation) creating Hakka the Soulslayer (how many 10 cost minions are there? not many)
So now turn 7 never having the board and it was even until turn 6

On to turn 7 and Fungalmancer on Spiteful and Soulslayer. Hows 17 dmg to the face?

So know the cards. Know the "consistency" of cards. See most played cards on HS replay. Know that most games are over by turn 5 - 8. Unless you have a deck that can do constant board sweeps or refreshing walls of taunts.

Or know what's most popular - design that deck that beats the most popular but loses to other decks. You still win more and still climb the ladder or get faster gold.

So vs hunter you need a minion to spare vs freezing trap - minions with buffs or more health or divine shield to survive flame trap, on that can pop the wandering monster. Or have flares or Chief Inspector. Trigger nothing, heal yourself, destroy minion spells, and otk them.
You counter secret hunter with aoe or taunts. It's no surprise that they have weaker winrates against decks Odd/BSMage, Warrior, & Taunt druid.
12/22/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Daikaze

Translation: never attack a hunter because he’s just going to completely on your face unless he hits turned five in which case he places emerald spell stone down… And then he owns your face.
12/22/2018 10:11 AMPosted by Shmorrior
You counter secret hunter with aoe or taunts. It's no surprise that they have weaker winrates against decks Odd/BSMage, Warrior, & Taunt druid.

Rogues don’t have aoe. Tfp.
12/22/2018 10:18 AMPosted by Nightmare
12/22/2018 09:03 AMPosted by Daikaze

Translation: never attack a hunter because he’s just going to completely on your face unless he hits turned five in which case he places emerald spell stone down… And then he owns your face.

My even pally has no problem attacking the hunter.

Or dealing with the spellstone.

You just, you know, dont recklessly send your best minion into a freezing. Or play weak minions onto the board before triggering explosive.

Simple stuff.