What other online card games do you guys play?

Play Mode Discussion
Duelyst
12/21/2018 02:02 PMPosted by Lykotic

If you play Bo3 formats it removes the deck power based MMR element and the Mana smoothing =)

[/quote]

I wanted something a bit more consistent so I uninstalled it last month.
I play Hearthstone, Shadowverse, Eternal, Yugioh Duel Links, and Magic Arena.
poker!

https://redchippoker.com/poker-for-hearthstone-players/
Not sure it strictly meets the definition of "online card game", but Slay the Spire is pretty fun.

It's basically Dungeon Run if Dungeon Run was polished to the point of working as a standalone game.
12/22/2018 05:13 AMPosted by Monlyth
I'd considered picking up Artifact, but the business model really made me go, "What the hell were they thinking?"

Pay $20 to play the game at all, then pay even more money for the privilege of getting any cards beyond the starter set.

They fixed that somewhat, now you can get 15 packs per season just by advancing in the game.
None yet but I’m getting close to trying one. HS and the barrage of horrible OTK decks just aren’t my thing. I miss minion against minion board battles and actually PLAYING the game versus this solitaire, kill from hand crap that you can’t do anything about.

What games are more like the older classic hearthstone? I’d love to know.
Gwent is pretty good but not as good as Hearthstone.
Shadowverse, baby.

Lots of in-game events with freebies, lots of solo content, and daily login rewards.

And the interface is pretty.
12/22/2018 05:13 AMPosted by Monlyth
12/21/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Cemarz
Artifact. The ability to play nothing but what amounts to a better arena mode from HS is really awesome.
I'd considered picking up Artifact, but the business model really made me go, "What the hell were they thinking?"

Pay $20 to play the game at all, then pay even more money for the privilege of getting any cards beyond the starter set.

There's a reason why games like Magic the Gathering Online (An earlier MTG game where you had to pay to get any new cards) failed. Gamers aren't idiots; they know a pay-to-win game when they see one, and they're not going to pay up when competitors like Hearthstone exist.
Actually they failed to understand the extent to which stupid people think they're smart. Artifact is no more pay to win than Hearthstone. You can win with a few cheap Tier 1/2 decks like Odd Pally in Hearthstone and grind to buy/craft maybe one each expansion. Otherwise you're buying packs.

Artifact's $20 price includes a bunch of packs that cost more than that. The cost of building a deck through buying packs and/or individual cards is along the same lines as Hearthstone.

They lack gold-earning quests, which are another way to rope the dopes along with the illusion of free to play. But yeah they shoulda seen the signs and been smart about it. It's a great game though.

MTGA can be a lot of fun too but the best decks are stupid expensive. You can have 4 of ANY card in a deck, even the mythic rares, so you've got these decks with tons of mythic rares and rares and it takes all your wild cards just to make one powerful deck so choose wisely.
12/22/2018 07:37 AMPosted by EBSnike
I don't do other card games. Used to play Yu-gi-Oh! Got my hands full with:

MMORPG's, Telltale games, Nintendo stuff, Occasional (very rare these days, although I was high diamond) League of Legends.

I'd recommend checking out Monster Hunter world if you got Ps4, or Breath of the Wild if Wii.

Same with me. I love card games but with so many other great games, Hearthstone is the only CCG I can sink any time into...

Monster Hunter World is such a fantastic game! It’s my GOTY. Can’t wait for the new expansion. I just started Generations Ultimate on the Switch a couple weeks ago. Though different(since World was my first MH game, it hasn’t disappointed one bit). Monster Hunter has quickly become one of my favorite series of games to play.