Salt thread

Play Mode Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
I got drunk after a bad night shift and the next day I noticed two of my epics were missing from my deck. Sigh...

Hopefully they aren't as important as I thought of them to be because it will be quite some time before I make 800 dust haha. Drunk decisions are the worst when you can't remember your reasoning for doing what you did haha.
01/01/2019 08:23 PMPosted by Tman15tmb
Yep, we definitely don't have enough salt threads on the forums..
No sir!
Here's some super-fresh crystals...

Ladder's biggest problem is after looking up a decklist and mulli strat, 'play' or 'skill' or 'execution' does not matter as much as it should.

I.e.
Too much of Hearthstone is baked into archetype-choice, decklist, and mulligan strat. Archetype RPS is fine, but winning because your copied a deck and followed its mulligan strat is not-ok when its the major factor like it is.

How you play after decklist and mulligan should matter more. That's what should separate the average players from one another...instead of decklist and mulli that are lets be honest barely-ever thought of by a player on ladder.

encouragement for non-meta is critical. My vote goes to neutral draw. See most decks I actually think every deck...builds around 'how is it going to draw'. But neutral draw opens that up to be unpredictable for your opponent...and having cards like Coldlight in wild-only, and Auctioneer at 6 (2k) mana really hurt diversity.

You don't want every hunter building off Tracking / Call. That's called samey / borrowed.
What about an auctioneer list? Coldlight oracle built?

You also don't want wild hating on all non-aggro decks with Shadowstep Coldlight.

Also, neutral cards being taunt-or-buff basically is so not fresh.
Look at the top played neutrals...see the patterns...they seriously just protect / boost up class-card synergy....instead of actually being involved with that synergy outside of some power that came from a shroom.

We don't want "ok you built around your class-card draw the best option(s)….you jammed some 'nites or tars for safety....or some shrooms for boost...and that's hearthstone?".

I think 5 mana auctioneer every-class would be fantastic...some would be not-good..some would be good...and would shake up the game.
Also, coldlight being in standard allows for non-meta to have a chance...while also encouraging big-hand punishing...but not deck-deleting like we have with a targetable coldlight for shadow.

Look these leg power creeps.
Lich King 8 mana....8/8 taunt...that usually randomly generates a win card.
vs
Nozdormu 9 mana..8/8 ignore it....that gives your opponent so much time it doesn't matter.

I'm pretty sure 1-mana 1/1 divine shield taunt is stronger than 9 mana Nozdormu...correct? I mean an 8 mana cost to a worse card is a tough one.
01/01/2019 08:29 PMPosted by Bowser
@Jesse, please sticky this thread! Keep all the salt in one location ;)

Sticky? Mmmmm, probably not, but I am willing to let it ride and see what comes of it.

01/01/2019 09:01 PMPosted by DarkSeph
There's nothing wrong with a good healthy vent from time to time, or a thread that openly admits to being a bit of honest saltiness. Share a few stories of bad luck with other players, a bit of community interaction, ease the frustration after a bit of tilt and laugh it off and see it's not so bad.

This is a great point. I'm willing to experiment and try it out. Let's see how it goes.

01/02/2019 12:24 PMPosted by Wardrum
Honestly, a salt megathread sounds like a promotion of negativity on the surface, but likely would do wonders to reduce spam and "whine" posts once everyone knows they have a place to go an quickly dump their vitriolic anecdotes.

Agreed and willing to try and see.

These posts have a tendency to spiral or, as mentioned, go off the rails into other topics that don't necessarily fit. So, let's set some ground rules and as long as we can keep within those parameters, I'm down to see where this goes.

1. Follow Hailfall's lead with the opening post.
    01/01/2019 07:41 PMPosted by HailFall
    Come here to vent your frustrating experiences

2. Keep the discussion to in-game experiences.

3. No targeting or calling out anyone. Leave names out. Both the player you played against and anyone from the community. This means no berating someone's post. If you want to agree, sympathize or add to a comment, go for it. Otherwise, let's keep our comments to our own experiences.

4. Mind the Code of Conduct. I know passions can get high, but make sure you aren't typing out anything that can get you actioned.

5. Be civil.

I usually windmill these types of thread into the abyss, but it's a new year, so let's try something new and see how it goes.

Cheers!
01/03/2019 02:28 PMPosted by Jesse Hill
01/01/2019 08:29 PMPosted by Bowser
@Jesse, please sticky this thread! Keep all the salt in one location ;)

Sticky? Mmmmm, probably not, but I am willing to let it ride and see what comes of it.

01/01/2019 09:01 PMPosted by DarkSeph
There's nothing wrong with a good healthy vent from time to time, or a thread that openly admits to being a bit of honest saltiness. Share a few stories of bad luck with other players, a bit of community interaction, ease the frustration after a bit of tilt and laugh it off and see it's not so bad.

This is a great point. I'm willing to experiment and try it out. Let's see how it goes.

01/02/2019 12:24 PMPosted by Wardrum
Honestly, a salt megathread sounds like a promotion of negativity on the surface, but likely would do wonders to reduce spam and "whine" posts once everyone knows they have a place to go an quickly dump their vitriolic anecdotes.

Agreed and willing to try and see.

These posts have a tendency to spiral or, as mentioned, go off the rails into other topics that don't necessarily fit. So, let's set some ground rules and as long as we can keep within those parameters, I'm down to see where this goes.

1. Follow Hailfail's lead with the opening post.
    01/01/2019 07:41 PMPosted by HailFall
    Come here to vent your frustrating experiences

2. Keep the discussion to in-game experiences.

3. No targeting or calling out anyone. Leave names out. Both the player you played against and anyone from the community. This means no berating someone's post. If you want to agree, sympathize or add to a comment, go for it. Otherwise, let's keep our comments to our own experiences.

4. Mind the Code of Conduct. I know passions can get high, but make sure you aren't typing out anything that can get you actioned.

5. Be civil.

I usually windmill these types of thread into the abyss, but it's a new year, so let's try something new and see how it goes.

Cheers!
First, thanks for letting this ride. I think it's a really good idea even if it does potentially require a bit more regular mod perusal than the average thread - at least its focused.

Second, you can't just post in here without dropping at least a tiny bit of salt, however harmless it may be. Surely something out there has given you a solid "I'm gonna bite my phone/keyboard" moment ;)
6 straight games vs perfect mana curves different classes.

Last one Warlock

turn 1 coin play Prince Keleseth =P
kobold librarian
Upgraded Tar Creeper
Upgraded Doubling Imp
Funglamancer on Imps 6/6s - GG

All day. Same 1 2 3 perfect curve. Same cards. Same shtick.

Whether if its 50 Hunters in a row or just 50 games where the cards play the same every class every game.

Next game after that - another Heal Zoo. More Fungalmcners turn 5. Sure don't feel like Random.

https://imgur.com/a/wEwca26
Follow Hailfail's lead

Hm...

HailFall
01/03/2019 04:00 PMPosted by Beaky
Follow Hailfail's lead

Hm...

HailFall

I feel somewhat responsible for that.

I've called them hailfail forever. Not even out of vitriol...I've always just seen the first L as an I.

Also it's really fitting on the tongue. It rhymes and has symmetry and everything is just right.

Sorry hail :(

But seriously Hailfail is a really awesome name.

Edit....forgot to add my vent.

I. Hate....

Emerald spellstone.

Controversial I know...given how much I love hunter. And how much they need it. And how they need it because theres 30 freaking removals in all these annoying "control" decks that dont feel as though being proactive is important.

But it's so depressing when you try to use one of the two or so classes poorly optimized for dealing with it. My even rogue feels so good until the wall of wolves hits.

So I peel it away...and then another....and then a zuljin...and poor rogue has to fight tooth and nail to clear the first one. You see Zuljin drop and just know there was never a hope for you and that you defied odds getting that far as is.
I genuinely thought it was Halifail. So sorry mate.

Salt wise from me is the amount of mirror matches I’ve been playing over the last 3 weeks.

Hunter was a lot of fun to play before the nerfs. It still is but I really just don’t like mirror matches and when your playing 1/4 mirror matches it gets old pretty quick. For me it was better before every man and his dog started playing Hunter.

Most games are decided by which player had a better mulligan/ first 3 draws

The gameplay is pretty bad from both sides TBH. I don’t enjoy the wins because nothing really happened l.
Thankfully the rank 5-1 bracket is starting to open up and I’m seeing way more variety then a week ago
Hunters not getting nerfed

Thats all
besides that today I went against a Warlock and he decided to rope every turn until I killed him after he realized I was winning.

Then I missed lethal one turn and had to wait for him to rope again to finish the game..
Salt -

I hate Paladin OTK.
Its the most annoying *deck ever. They stall out the game with a 1/1 minion with taunt, tons of healing, equality+consecrate/Wild Pyro.

And then they pop their hero card and BAM, you're *done.
EVERY single one I have played against got the right hero power minions EXACTLY when they needed it.

Wait.. Did you get the paladin close to dead?? Well *too bad, I have a 3 mana card that makes me unkillable; Time Out!... Oh I didn't get the right minion? Dang... I might die.. OH WAIT! Another Time Out! :DDDD

Hero power then Zola. Then Brewmaster. Then blablabla bla

IT'S SO GOD DAMN FRUSTRATING TO PLAY AGAINST.

"Why don't you just add x card to your deck, idiot?"
Because X card probably sucks against any other decks + it (might) mess with the whole deck I'm playing.

And then there are all the darn aggro decks who win on turn 3... man, I'm starting to really hate Hearthstone. I miss the days where you'd lose because you were cocky enough to not trade, or because you misplayed. You learnt what you did wrong and you'd think about it next time against whatever deck. Now everything is RNG Fiesta.

Hunter spellstone turn 5, fledling turn 3, fungalmancer turn 5, hench-clan thug turn 3.

*Forget that *stuff.. I'm so tired of it. I face the SAME decks ALL the time, there are almost no self-made decks out there. It's all decks from the top streamers , hearthpwn or whatever website.

I used to love making my own decks and see them win. But now I can't.

*edited by Mod. CoC reminder.
I honestly wish everyone played like (some) people do @ Legend.
You see people make their own twist on some popular decks or completely make a new one. I don't think I've seen that in a VERY long time pre-legend rank.
I'd like to be able to actually play Bloodreaver Gul'dan in my discard warlock. Someday. Instead of having it discarded, and being the only card NOT picked by Soulwarden.
I'd like the OTK Paladin being a coward hiding behind "Time out" to actually come out and fight, while I'm playing Hunter.
I wish you could get free packs in HS as easily as you can in MTGArena. There you are basically guarenteed a pack a day. 1000 gold per pack, each quest is either 500 gold or 750 gold and you can reroll a quest once a day. 250 gold for you first win, 100 for your next 3, then it swivels between a free random uncommon and 50/25 gold for the last 11. So if you win just 4 games and complete the quest you're opening a pack and STILL making a profit.

Meanwhile in HS you get a 50/60 gold quest and have to play 20+ games a day to consistently get daily packs. Someone could probably do the math (or has already done the math) to show the difference in value between HS packs and MTGA packs, but it doesn't change the fact that you have to play a lot more to earn your 4 commons and 1 rare.
Games against odd warrior..... completely worthless and stupid. It’s just armor up, remove, armor up, remove, let 20 minutes pass.... more armor, more removal. 20 more minutes pass. Not a single minion you’ve played has seen the day of light. More armor. Removal. Now you are 45 minutes into it and they have 30 health and like 75 armor.

60 minutes into the game... still NO sign of any minions anywhere. None. Armor up to 135. At this stage you start to consider your life, your future, your overall existence as a human being in the Milky Way galaxy and where you fit in.

Press concede or better yet just let the timer run the game into forfeiture. Then, go outside and find small, furry animals to light on fire.

:)
Follow Hailfail's lead

Hm...

HailFall

Thanks for the call out. Fixed.

Sorry about that.
Hm...

Thanks for the call out. Fixed.

Sorry about that.

I still call him that in my mind not for any personal attack reasons, just because it simply rhymes. All I see is Hail Fail...

Hmmm... maybe it is a subconscious personal attack because I don't call him Hall Fall...

I just want to know where he's been the last 4 months.
I had a full board(wild) and a mage used a unstable portal she used it and got a babbling book which gave her another unstable portal and than she got eadric the pure basically nullified my whole board which i had leathal on than she next turn at 2 hp she topdecked pyroblast and killed me. I was really mad like what are the chances of that happening?
It's not a fault of Hearthstone, but it is very annoying when the other player gets a nut draw and your draw is absolutely the worst it could possibly be for your deck. Statistically this just happens in a card drawing game and can't really be avoided as much as it can be minimized ... but that doesn't make it any less annoying.