Salt thread

Play Mode Discussion
01/03/2019 03:26 PMPosted by Wardrum
Second, you can't just post in here without dropping at least a tiny bit of salt

Early testing or maybe beta(?). Long time ago. Took Rag to the face for the game loss, 3 GAMES IN A ROW....with 5 or more minions on the board each time.

My response would have easily violated the Code of Conduct.
This was years ago now.

I was playing an Arena match. Played turn 1 Leper Gnome, was going to turn 2 Hero Power his own 2/1.

Instead, I Hero Power my own Leper Gnome, Fireblasting it into oblivion.

I never recovered the entire match. His 2/1 prevented me from playing my own drops optimally. The game went a good 9/10 turns, with him having board control and me barely holding on each time. He was able to dictate trades for the entire game, which I would have been able to do had I not just hero powered my own bloody gnome. We were close in terms of resource use, which means if I had been able to dictate the trades, it would have been an easy win.

All because I had to kill my own dang gnome.
Alarm-o-bot never always pulls the wrong minion from my hand.
Guldan loves to be discarded :(. Hundreds of discard lock games and I can’t tell you how many times I’ve risked a soul fire with like 7 cards in hand and it’s always him lol. Most of this was prior to the new 6 mana card that lets you get him back. Damn you Guldan!
https://imgur.com/a/OfH4r8B

coin Keleseth turn 1 turns into insta GG. for Mage

https://imgur.com/a/suHcS7D

https://imgur.com/a/vNhXkPQ
Mirror match

Renolock vs renolock..

He pulls my reno with the rat.. reno gone..

Then he brann and gnome me.. bye malganis.. bye zola. He banked his gnome.. so he has 2 in his deck.. plays one.. burns Nzoth.. still got to fatigue.. but mannnn i was s outta luck..
The most frustrating in game experience of late for me has been Frost Litch Jaina Exodia mage. If I'm playing Wild and a mage shows up, then the quest comes out on the first turn I auto concede. Only exception is if I am playing a mill deck. I Hate FLJ.
When you play a new priest deck after crafting a card or two but not 2 of each cause dust to precious.

Deck works for 8 turns keeping the board and then you put a 4rth minion out and...
gnome steals the fully health big beefy taunt you just put out. Not the 3 weak damaged ones out there. No no, the fresh big beefy one.

Then from there its perfect answer for very thing you do. Big Minion? Bog Game Hunter. Another Big Minion? Shudderwock which triggers Big Hunters ability kills your other bog minion. Take Control of Shudderwock next turn? I will just put him back into my hand so you can't steal him. Well that's that.

Another game of yep - yep and.....yep.

But 2 new decks so it wasn't Secret Hunter or OTK Paladin or Even Warlock Mtn Giants turn 3.

Oh and I have been trying to get MTGA exe to open using Wineskin walkthrough vis MTGA reddit post but keeps failing. Sucks been trying its troubleshooting all day but no go. Stuck with HS.
"I will hunt you down"

2 mana 3 drop
3 mana 4/2 charge, 4/4 taunt, or 2/4 make snake trap trade into anythign.
4 mana 3/3 deal 3 damage
5 mana 12/12
Playing my Burgle Tess rogue and queuing up against another rogue... 5 times in a row. Odd, quest, maly otk, DR, and shuffle.
01/03/2019 04:10 PMPosted by Gishgeron
I've called them hailfail forever.
I'm pretty sure majority of us did. As with every other people, I too thought it was HailFail, read as HailFail, until I started quoting his name in my post, when I start to write his name out, then I went, 'wait, that ain't right'.

As for me, Control warr as an archetype bugs me. Didn't liked it since Justicar Trueheart days - lose the control game, losing in fatigue, but yolo Elise Starseeker for the turn over, that deck. My utmost annoyance with Brawl will always linger throughout my HS year. Didn't feel bad when Jade druid surfaced and totally killed the deck, even if that didn't last. JtU quest warr annoyed me somewhat, don't see odd warr in a good spotlight also.
01/04/2019 12:10 PMPosted by Jesse Hill
01/03/2019 03:26 PMPosted by Wardrum
Second, you can't just post in here without dropping at least a tiny bit of salt

Early testing or maybe beta(?). Long time ago. Took Rag to the face for the game loss, 3 GAMES IN A ROW....with 5 or more minions on the board each time.

My response would have easily violated the Code of Conduct.

I had a similar event happen recently (Couple of weeks ago) against a quest warrior. I had a full board with taunts. I had 7 health. Of course it went face.

One of the flaws to this salt thread is that typically when people create a salty thread, they want reactions from others that they might not get from a single post. So the odds of this thread actually confining salt into one thread is rather low.
01/03/2019 04:00 PMPosted by Beaky
Hm...

Thanks for the call out. Fixed.

Sorry about that.

Trolling you, nothing more.

If anyone wants proof that Jesse regularly reads the boards... well, there it is. :p
Login

Play 6 Mechs for 50 gold

Make a deck

Find Match - Opponent Rogue

Razor Petal Volley
Plays Backstab Shadowstep a razorpetal and bite weed for 5/5

Blood pressure begins to rise because every game, every hand, every time - same cards: Backstab Shadowstep etc..

Play Razor Petal Volley and add cold blood to bite weed :) 9/5. Stomp face. Yep that's a 2nd Razor Petal Volley in under 5 cards.

Play a Razorpetal and Another Backstab and Hallucination. Nice all my minions die to Razorpetals and Backstabs. Well I played 4 mechs see if I can get 6 in.

Next turn play a Razorpetal ANOTHER COLDBLOOD - I dont put on my tinfoil hat now as it s always on because Hearthstone is what it is. And Play Adapt a minion from Hallucination - sure why not - it's Hearthstone. GG

So much skill. So exciting. 6 mechs played done for the day.
01/03/2019 10:17 AMPosted by Kingslayer
Rogue with no other cards in their hand topdecked a Shadow Word: Death right after I played Deathwing. -_-

Quite the feat seeing thats a priest card
01/05/2019 09:45 PMPosted by Urza
01/03/2019 10:17 AMPosted by Kingslayer
Rogue with no other cards in their hand topdecked a Shadow Word: Death right after I played Deathwing. -_-

Quite the feat seeing thats a priest card

I assumed they were a Dragon Priest playing against a Burgle Rogue.
Uhm, them priests.

If you think Paladin's OTK is fast, then you're probably suffering from mind blast. I would let the whole decklist alive in Standard, only removing shadow visions. So we can actually calculate the %chance of them not having mass hysteria or psy scream in hand by turn 7, maybe