Now that we are several weeks in...

Play Mode Discussion
are you enjoying the new expansion?

I definitely am, and have made several fun decks in both standard and wild.

I am liking this power-down trend. Anyone else a fan?

Also, it will be really interesting to see how the next expansion plays out with the end of the year rotation.

Here's a fun deck I created for wild with some of the new cards...

### RushNAttack
# Class: Warrior
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Iron Hide
# 2x (1) Spirit of the Rhino
# 2x (2) Alexstrasza's Champion
# 1x (2) Dead Man's Hand
# 2x (2) Vicious Scalehide
# 2x (2) Woodcutter's Axe
# 2x (3) Mountainfire Armor
# 1x (3) Rabid Worgen
# 2x (3) Shield Block
# 2x (4) Blood Razor
# 2x (4) Militia Commander
# 2x (4) Scaleworm
# 2x (4) Swift Messenger
# 1x (4) War Master Voone
# 2x (7) Amani War Bear
# 1x (7) Countess Ashmore
# 1x (8) Akali, the Rhino
# 1x (9) Oondasta
#
AAEBAQcGjs4CuuwCm/ACkocDmocDm4oDDP8HxhW5wwLKzQLMzQL27AKQ7wKJ8QKX8wLR9QLYjAOSmAMA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone
I am enjoying it myself, sure the meta could be better, but as far as the new decks I can make are concerned I am having a blast. Hakkar Priest, Pirate Rogue, DR Rogue got a boost, new shaman legends etc. Looking forward to rotation but my new decks will tide me over till then. :)
12/31/2018 08:57 AMPosted by Hazama
I am enjoying it myself, sure the meta could be better, but as far as the new decks I can make are concerned I am having a blast. Hakkar Priest, Pirate Rogue, DR Rogue got a boost, new shaman legends etc. Looking forward to rotation but my new decks will tide me over till then. :)

Awesome, glad to hear you are enjoying it too!
I'm enjoying it a lot. Discard Warlock, Evenlock, and Rush Warrior decks are pretty fun to mess around with, even if the latter is mostly Hunters.

While it gets tiring after a while, the new cards are very cool and I look forward to the rotation, where they'll see more play.
I agree. I believe some new decks will emerge that people haven't faced yet because the dominance of certain other decks currently. The next expansion will also play a huge part in shaping the post-rotation playing field. If the power-down trend continues, we could see the truly diverse meta everyone has been clamoring for.
Hmmmm... i guess there are only a few people who feel this way?
12/31/2018 03:42 PMPosted by NightRaven

12/31/2018 03:42 PMPosted by NightRaven
Place is always negative but somehow even a bit moreso than usual. I don't care. Lol If anyone was really as miserable as they said they wouldn't spend all their time playing and talking about HS. Meta is in a poor state atm true, but that's really only an issue for the hyper competitive. If you're a little more lax and memish like me and ok with casual, you can still have a great time. Games are for fun first and foremost, not just winning (though many find winning fun, it is not the only way to have fun).
Rabble Bouncer can to be combined with Star Aligner and Cornered Sentry.

I didn't do it works very well, but I did sometimes and I won, the opponent never waits.

Soup Vendor, in my Mecha'thun Priest, works very well.

Akali, the Rhino in a Rush/Damaged Warrior I did in europe server stayed cool.

Before the nerf,

Da Undatakah in Taunt Druid, this legendary works in Deathrattle Hunter too.

This new queen plus Blood-Queen Lana'thel, sweet divas!

High Priestess Jeklik super nice in Quest Warlock for both modes, however, mainly Wild Mode.
I love the cards and flavor of the set. I always enjoy the set overall but this one stands out. This is mostly because I love handbuff stuff. Getting Hi'reek in my first few packs was a good omen. Been making him work at low ranks, so fun.

It's been real fun. Can't wait for my next pack!
I'm not hating it.

Mid-range feels like it's starting to grab a higher presence, which is great since it's one of my favorite archetypes. Also, I feel like that while the couple most recent expacs haven't really introduced much, what they did introduce was subtle and useable.

Witchwood felt like a bit of a mess, only because Genn and Baku were the stars of the show, and everything else felt irrelevant (except Shudderwock). Boomsday, however, introduced a few new cards I've become quite fond of and currently use, and while the set was mostly unuseable, we did see a few crazy cards like Arcane Dynamo, Wizbang, Zilliax, Subject 9 -- and who'd've known Mechathun would be a thing.

Rumble, on the other hand, is weird. Of the previous sets, it's the first where I feel like there's so many sleepers, but they can't keep up with the refined meta decks we currently have and are relegated to "arena level" because of it.

It feels like there are so, so many cards that could become useable if all those insane super-value cards just went away. Actually, I find it strange that they continued to introduce a few; they introduced situational legendaries like Wardruid Loti, Halazzi and Oondasta which can potentially be strong in the right situation but generally follow stat and mana guidelines pretty well, then they introduce stuff like Jan'Alai which can summon up one of the strongest Wild legendaries for a mana cheaper than normal, and Zul'Jin who's basically a slightly toned down version of DK Gul'Dan but can still summon an entire board while killing the opponent's simultaneously. Not to mention that Baku/Genn are still in the game, and do provide an extreme amount of power to those respective decks, enough that I'm not sure if they will ever stop being relevant in the face of new cards.

The good news though is that, for all my gripes about it, I am enjoying this meta. It introduced just enough stuff to make me want to experiment, but also didn't immediately invalidate all I'd built so far. And hey, for all my gripes about him, Zul'Jin IS really fun to use.
No, facing back to back to back the same hunter and Paladin OTK deck the entire expansion isn't very fun.
12/31/2018 06:38 PMPosted by Kat
No, facing back to back to back the same hunter and Paladin OTK deck the entire expansion isn't very fun.

That has absolutely nothing to do with expansion or it's cards/mechanics. Can tell you are new to the game. We won't really see what the expansion is all about until after the rotation in April.
12/31/2018 07:27 PMPosted by NightRaven
12/31/2018 06:38 PMPosted by Kat

That has absolutely nothing to do with expansion or it's cards/mechanics. Can tell you are new to the game. We won't really see what the expansion is all about until after the rotation in April.

Can tell you are a bad troll. Nothing of any substance in your post to refute.
12/31/2018 08:17 PMPosted by Kat
12/31/2018 07:27 PMPosted by NightRaven

Can tell you are a bad troll. Nothing of any substance in your post to refute.

Hahaha you obviously don't know what a troll is either. The reason why the current situation exists is because we just had a huge round of nerfs. Whenever there are nerfs, new decks rise to the top of the meta because the decks that were controlling them are no longer viable. The Hunter decks were kept in check by some of the decks which were just affected by the nerfs. Therefore, Hunter decks rose to the top. In April when the rotation happens, most of the cards which are key to the OP decks that are currently in existence will rotate out. So, we only have to put up with the current situation until then. Capiche?
I don't know how they managed to make the game even more stale than it already has been, but they did. The new expansion did nothing to upset the boredom fest that is the hero power spamming DK mana cheating snorefest the game has become.

I think they need to start moving away from the play 200 mana worth of crap in a turn game design and back to classic hearthstone with minions, not just battlecries that happen to be attached to minions.
There are a lot of cool and interesting decks I want to try, but hunter tears them all apart. The expansion started out a little on the aggro side and only became far worse after the nerfs. I'm hoping for another round of nerfs so I can actually enjoy this game before a lot of decks rotate out.
I am having fun tbh.

Enjoying wild more then standard tho..

But yeah.. i think i only despise 1 archetype...

Mill rogue :-/

There where 2.. togglewaggle druid and mill rogue..

Dont see togglewaggle anymore.. so making progress haha
For the first time this year I'm actually satisfied by the meta.
Now with many of the OTK decks that haunted me the whole year gone I'm actually happy with what I'm playing against.
No more infinite Shudderwock, no more bull!@#$ Spreading Plague/UI, no more infinite healing Kingsbane. So much better.
OTK Paladin and Frost Lich Jaina still suck but it's fine, I can live with it until rotation.
I'm enjoying RR.

Most of my stupid off meta stuff is functional and if I'm pressed I can readily deal with the biggest presences in the meta or at least have a decent shot at it.