Hunter Nerf Suggestion

Play Mode Discussion
Since the hunter is really strong right now and with the many decks with good winrate , i think they should get a nerf to banalance it a bit.
I noticed that the strongest cards usually are the : Lesser Emerald Spellstone and Deathstalker Rexxar.

So my nerf option is : Either to make the spellstone to need 2 secrets to be upgraded once [ so 4 secrets to be full ] or Rexxar to be 7/8 mana .

Reason : Getting 4 3/3 minions with 5 mana ,and being able to easly upgrade this spellstone in round 2 and 3 , having the opportunity to even use coin in round 4 it's a bit too powerfull. For rexxar , it deals 2 dmg only to the enemy minions , making this a fair clear sometimes and doesn't affect his minions at all only on the price of 6 mana , giving him a hero power to create unlimited zombeasts which many times are really powerfull.

Even tho both of these cards will get to wild in april , considering there were a few nerfs lately involving other cards in this situation as well , i just think it would be a fair nerf for the remaining more then 3 months.
Spellstone to 6
Rexxar to 7
Play dead 2
Cube deleted from game replaced with
Beast Rager, 3 mana 5/1 beast. Has rush if another friendly rager
Spam Odd Paladin and you will shoot up to legend in no time if you constantly queue up against 5 Hunters in a row.
i don't want to spam a !@#$ty aggro deck...yes aggro decks are %^-*ty .... and i hate them... you need just luck .. the plays come from themselves.. no need to think much... i like to play atleast mid-range deck / combo / control... Also , they have a lot of removel ...enough to deal with an aggro deck [ the secret/spell hunters specially , which are most played ] ... 1 hunter out of 10 is deathrattle hunter..and that deck is really strong for a few months already ... hunter simply needs a nerf... the nerfs blizzard made were specific to aim the hunter counters [ shudderwock wasn't a good deck anymore in the meta , and they ruined it 'cause it had a nice chance against hunter... i don't care if you belive me or not ] ...... they reduced the game to : hunter and hunter-counters ........... that sucks ...oh..and they killed druid, which also had a decent chance against hunters.
01/02/2019 05:37 AMPosted by JPH
i don't want to spam a !@#$ty aggro deck...yes aggro decks are %^-*ty .... and i hate them... you need just luck .. the plays come from themselves.. no need to think much... i like to play atleast mid-range deck / combo / control... Also , they have a lot of removel ...enough to deal with an aggro deck [ the secret/spell hunters specially , which are most played ] ... 1 hunter out of 10 is deathrattle hunter..and that deck is really strong for a few months already ... hunter simply needs a nerf... the nerfs blizzard made were specific to aim the hunter counters [ shudderwock wasn't a good deck anymore in the meta , and they ruined it 'cause it had a nice chance against hunter... i don't care if you belive me or not ] ...... they reduced the game to : hunter and hunter-counters ........... that sucks ...oh..and they killed druid, which also had a decent chance against hunters.

RNJesus holy Brode calm down. While Odd Paladin is the only deck to slay all Hunters, there’s plenty of decks that are good against different Hunter decks.

Cubelock, BSM, and Taunt Warrior kill Spellstone varieties, but don’t do well against Cubehunter.

Cube Hunter is impossible to control so you are just going to deal with bad matchups if you don’t want to play aggro, but there’s less of them than Spellstone.
01/02/2019 02:48 AMPosted by Urza
Spellstone to 6
Rexxar to 7
Play dead 2
Cube deleted from game replaced with
Beast Rager, 3 mana 5/1 beast. Has rush if another friendly rager

played at 2 would make it imune to geist
01/02/2019 06:05 AMPosted by Marcoscongas
01/02/2019 05:37 AMPosted by JPH

RNJesus holy Brode calm down. While Odd Paladin is the only deck to slay all Hunters, there’s plenty of decks that are good against different Hunter decks.

Cubelock, BSM, and Taunt Warrior kill Spellstone varieties, but don’t do well against Cubehunter.

Cube Hunter is impossible to control so you are just going to deal with bad matchups if you don’t want to play aggro, but there’s less of them than Spellstone.

there's the issue... i can't afford to make those decks , specially not for like 3 months just to lose a lot of dust afterwards in april ...
01/02/2019 06:49 AMPosted by JPH
there's the issue... i can't afford to make those decks , specially not for like 3 months just to lose a lot of dust afterwards in april ...

Then craft Odd Warrior, Baku will be around and relevant for a long time and most of the cards from this deck come from Witchwood or Boomsday.
01/02/2019 07:12 AMPosted by Underman
01/02/2019 06:49 AMPosted by JPH

Then craft Odd Warrior, Baku will be around and relevant for a long time and most of the cards from this deck come from Witchwood or Boomsday.

to craft that deck i need atleast 6 epic cards and 1 legendary... and yes it's quite a lot of dust for me ... i saw even-shaman is good and made that deck since i needed al'akir [ which is classic so can be always reused ] , but i keep getting wrecked since hunter gets somehow always all the removel + 2 full spellstones early ..and not to say about the constant rexxar in round 6-7 which clears mosts of the board , and the zul'jin which gives him another full board and clears most of my board once again.
odd pally is barely aggro. people say aggro is brain dead blahs blah. You know how many players misplay aggro? You need aggro. You need temp and combo and control. It's all part of the make up.

That being said. This game is kinda boring and pointless till rotation. Year of the raven has been the worst year of hearthstone.

LUCKILY. RE2, Anthem, DM5, Metro Exodus. Crackdown 3 are all coming out soon. Lots of great games.
01/02/2019 07:26 AMPosted by Crazyman666
odd pally is barely aggro. people say aggro is brain dead blahs blah. You know how many players misplay aggro? You need aggro. You need temp and combo and control. It's all part of the make up.

That being said. This game is kinda boring and pointless till rotation. Year of the raven has been the worst year of hearthstone.

LUCKILY. RE2, Anthem, DM5, Metro Exodus. Crackdown 3 are all coming out soon. Lots of great games.

i think you don't know what aggro means.
https://hsreplay.net/meta/

Currently Paladin and Shaman have better performances. You see more Hunter because it has been 2 years since Hunter had a viable tier 1 deck in a meta. Either it was completely bad or it managed to get tier 2. It doesn't warrant a nerf. Spell Hunter is at 40% popularity while the next deck is Odd Mage at 32%

Everyone is eager to rush to nerf because this is what Hearthstone has become. Either nerf it or HoF it. Silly. This is probably one of the better metas we have had within the last year. I have a deck that is my own with a win condition that is also not being used on ladder and I apparently started to create a trend with this deck. I have already seen complaints and that is awesome :D

Normally everyone is stuck net decking in order to compete in this game. But I believe right now, off meta decks currently have a chance. My deck sits at a 54% win rate and in this meta, that makes it tier 1. Food for thought.
01/02/2019 08:20 AMPosted by SverdSanity

Currently Paladin and Shaman have better performances. You see more Hunter because it has been 2 years since Hunter had a viable tier 1 deck in a meta. Either it was completely bad or it managed to get tier 2. It doesn't warrant a nerf. Spell Hunter is at 40% popularity while the next deck is Odd Mage at 32%

Everyone is eager to rush to nerf because this is what Hearthstone has become. Either nerf it or HoF it. Silly. This is probably one of the better metas we have had within the last year. I have a deck that is my own with a win condition that is also not being used on ladder and I apparently started to create a trend with this deck. I have already seen complaints and that is awesome :D

Normally everyone is stuck net decking in order to compete in this game. But I believe right now, off meta decks currently have a chance. My deck sits at a 54% win rate and in this meta, that makes it tier 1. Food for thought.

how can you say it's a GOOD meta and hunter was bad ?!... Deathrattle hunter was wrecking in ranks before the next patch for example and spell-hunter was good as well. And how can you explain they're sudden nerf [THAT THEY DIDN'T ANNOUNCE] ruinning 1 class and other 2 decks ?.. also how can you explain that hunter has according to the hsreplay as you mentioned the site 6/7 decks with winrate over 50% ?! https://hsreplay.net/meta/#tab=archetypes ... except for even-shaman , shaman is dead , and druid is dead , the same for rogue -has only odd-rogue ....... so you're damn wrong.. this meta is not balanced at all..they didn't even wait for the meta to settle a bit and nerfed unnanounced 1 full class and other 3 decks , all of them good against hunter, who was good already.

Dont forget KH3, we've had to wait a little bit for that one.
01/02/2019 09:18 AMPosted by JPH

how can you say it's a GOOD meta and hunter was bad ?!... Deathrattle hunter was wrecking in ranks before the next patch for example and spell-hunter was good as well. And how can you explain they're sudden nerf [THAT THEY DIDN'T ANNOUNCE] ruinning 1 class and other 2 decks ?.. also how can you explain that hunter has according to the hsreplay as you mentioned the site 6/7 decks with winrate over 50% ?! https://hsreplay.net/meta/#tab=archetypes ... except for even-shaman , shaman is dead , and druid is dead , the same for rogue -has only odd-rogue ....... so you're damn wrong.. this meta is not balanced at all..they didn't even wait for the meta to settle a bit and nerfed unnanounced 1 full class and other 3 decks , all of them good against hunter, who was good already.

I never said Deathrattle hunter was bad. It just wasn't tier 1 it was tier 2. Odd paladin had a 60-64% win rate at tier 1. It was also the only deck at tier one (not including variants) until it was nerfed. Now we have a meta with multiple tier 1 decks. Face it, Odd Paladin needed a nerf. It was ignoring new expansions and still dominating. Hell, it still is as it still has the highest win rate.

They nerfed Druid as a quality of life nerf. You see, Blizzard painted themselves into a corner. So they only have 2 choices. Either follow in the foot steps of MTG and start creating new editions of the core set or nerf/HoF classic cards to make way for new cards coming in the future expansions. Some cards from the core set obviously limit future design choices, nerfing them creates openings. it Plus Druid's ramp was always a problem. With the right draw it was too efficient.

Rogue hasn't changed much, the only 2 viable decks are Odd Rogue and Deathrattle Rogue. Shaman lost Shudder which didn't really have a big showing on ladder. There are so many tier 2 decks! They are all within 6.33% of the highest win rate deck. So I have to say this is one of the better metas we have had within a or so year.
01/02/2019 07:57 AMPosted by JPH

Pirate warrior, murloc pally, undertaker hunter. Those where aggro decks. How many times does odd pally kill you on turn 4? 0.

Odd pally has a lot of tempo properties to it.

But why listen to me I only make legend every month.
01/02/2019 09:18 AMPosted by JPH
01/02/2019 08:20 AMPosted by SverdSanity

The meta was settled.

The Hearthstone Mathematics video on the subject was titled “The Failure of Rashtakhan Rumble”. VS report 114 also parroted the same. Rastakhan was the least impactful expansion in HS history. Check them out.

HSREPLAY is unfiltered. Meaning that those Odd Hunters are probably all rank 15+, the deck is terrible in a ruthless meta. Similarly Recruit Hunter fills the same niche as Cube Hunter but with a worse win rate so again they’re probably all mostly 15+. I am aware that still leaves 4 decks, more than any other class.
01/02/2019 10:48 AMPosted by Crazyman666
01/02/2019 07:57 AMPosted by JPH

Pirate warrior, murloc pally, undertaker hunter. Those where aggro decks. How many times does odd pally kill you on turn 4? 0.

Odd pally has a lot of tempo properties to it.

But why listen to me I only make legend every month.

Tempo decks attack your opponent's board. They increase their tempo and decrease the opponent's tempo, often in the same turn. Like Tempo Rogue.

Odd paladin doesn't rely do that. It's just a resilient aggro deck.