PSA; Ziliax is insane in kingsbane post-nerf

Play Mode Discussion
Since odd paladin was one of kingsbane's worst matchups and got 360 noscoped by blizzard, I decided I'd try and play kingsbane even tho it doesn't get the insane healing every turn anymore. I think leeching poison is still a good card in the deck, as it often heals anywhere from 6-14~, since doomerang can give it a double proc in one turn, and rogue would definitely run a 1 mana healing rain :^)

That said, since odd paladin isn't around as much anymore, I cut 2x fan of knives and had 2 card slots I wanted to use to optimize as much as possible vs aggressive decks like spell hunter or odd rogue, and a natural fit was Ziliax. The ability to play it twice on turn 10 after curving valeera is really strong, and it helps to fill in the healing you lost.

I'm undecided on the other open slot, and have been testing: +1 Evasion, +1 doomsayer, -1 Blade flurry +2 evasion, and -1 blade flurry +2 doomsayer.
Zilliax is insane everywhere.

Seriously. It should probably be in every deck always. I've never regretted its addition in any deck I've tried it in.

Two of the taunt pirates is also good. Since you want raiding party for kingsbane, you'll likely be pulling 2 free taunts beside it.

It's also worth considering that 2/12 divine shield fellow.

Also, maybe Alextraza? Healing plus combo lethal potential. Filling two roles is enough to consider it.
I always liked lab Recruiter, because it can get you some extra buffs, while demoralizing your opponent.
12/20/2018 07:35 PMPosted by Gishgeron

Two of the taunt pirates is also good. Since you want raiding party for kingsbane, you'll likely be pulling 2 free taunts beside it.

It's also worth considering that 2/12 divine shield fellow.

Also, maybe Alextraza? Healing plus combo lethal potential. Filling two roles is enough to consider it.

The 3/3 pirates were ran before the nerf for that exact reason :^)

I think Mosh'ogg Announcer has the same problem in this deck as it does in every deck? You know that it's getting vilespined if you play it against odd rogue, hunters mark'd against hunter etc.

As for alextraza, I'm not entirely opposed to it but i think it's sub-par. If you're playing alex you're not dealing with whatever board put you to low life, and even a few points of chip damage puts you in easy burst range from 15. Kingsbane hasn't lost any finishing power either, so running it for the purpose of using it on the opponent seems... superfluous
A doomsayer seems like a good fit in this deck. I haven't played kingsbane rogue a heck of a lot, but was really enjoying it pre-nerf and somewhat enjoying it now. I feel like at this point the main way I get wins is when I can stall the game long enough to get to Valeera and using double toxicologist with a vanish (giving me 2 toxicologists back that I can double play each over 2 turns). I find that if I can survive to get valeera on, I can usually double toxicologist -> vanish, then double toxicologist (or toxi + double deadly if remaining) into leaching poison and restore myself to full health and set up for a 2-3 turn lethal.

Anything that provides time to get me to turn 9 is immeasurably good in my opinion. While the 3/3 taunts are nice they get dealt with real fast. Doomsayer gives one more turn of survival, or acts as a 7-hp taunt which is still decent. I think I may try it out myself after seeing your suggestion.

Zola might also make a great addition? She can give you an extra Ziliax so you can use early game and double up late game, and if you need more dps she can double your toxicologist?
Something to keep in mind is that kingsbane is a pretty refined decklist, and honestly I'd only say that there are 3 flex spots; the fans and blade flurry.

That goes to 2 once you put ziliax in - the point is, deck space is pretty tight, so whatever you choose to put in those two slots needs to be impactful. I think zola is "fine" but is it the best option to take up one of those two slots?

The fairyland case for zola is going infinite on a buff minion (Toxicoli -> zola the toxicoli -> shade zola the zola.) but I think the more practical case would be 0 mana 3/3 -> zola -> 0 mana 3/3.
Playing kingsbane still without perma healing is a lost cause. You are going to be lucky to hit 40% winrate I bet with more likely 30%. Its garbage now.