Japanese Khadgar promotion question

Community Discussion
I'm writing this topic in hopes of getting an answer whether it will eventually be available to everyone or just the Japan/Asia region and how does one actually acquire the hero skin?

For those who don't know what I'm talking about:
https://playhearthstone.com/ja-jp/blog/22819073/blizzard
I wish I would have seen that before I purchased the winter bundle in my client. Hmm...maybe time to buy some wild cards...as for your question...this promotion is limited to Japan at this time. It was available to other regions (NA/EU) in the past as a part of a special promotion. It is unclear if it will return to those regions in the future. The status of the Tyranda skin is also not known at this time.
The article states that "This campaign is limited to Blizzard shop in Japan and is scheduled to be held from December 18th to January 1st (Japan time) ."

"Blizzard shop" is marked as a link directing to hearthstone shop localized for Japan. Here it is possible to choose Europe as a region and make a purchase, so there are some questions:
1. Article states that they will send Khadgar for anyone who buys products for over 3k yen using Japan localized shop, but there is no warning that resident country must be Japan.
The problem here that article is not exposing how blizzard is going to check for "valid" accounts.
2. Another problem that Khadgar is going to be distributed in January, therefore there is no way to check how it works.

Throwing money just like that is not a good idea. (3k yen is about 27$ or maybe 30$ just in case).
It would be amazing if we could get an accurate answer from blizzard.
12/19/2018 05:23 AMPosted by Riha
The article states that "This campaign is limited to Blizzard shop in Japan and is scheduled to be held from December 18th to January 1st (Japan time) ."

"Blizzard shop" is marked as a link directing to hearthstone shop localized for Japan. Here it is possible to choose Europe as a region and make a purchase, so there are some questions:
1. Article states that they will send Khadgar for anyone who buys products for over 3k yen using Japan localized shop, but there is no warning that resident country must be Japan.
The problem here that article is not exposing how blizzard is going to check for "valid" accounts.
2. Another problem that Khadgar is going to be distributed in January, therefore there is no way to check how it works.

Throwing money just like that is not a good idea. (3k yen is about 27$ or maybe 30$ just in case).
It would be amazing if we could get an accurate answer from blizzard.
That's pretty much what I'm wondering, if it means that the location must be Japan (because just getting stuff from the Japanese shop doesn't make sense, I mean it's just a different language from what I understand, it's still the same shop). I'm not sure how Blizzard stands on using VPNs (even though I'm sure a lot of people used it to get Tyrande and Nemsy), but I have friends in Korea and Japan anyway which could get it for me if it's just the location that matters, so it would be great to get him for Christmas.
I think the question comes down to is it just making the purchase from the japan blizzard shop....or is it tied to your country of residency. Technically with basic translation skills and a credit card you can buy from any shop and then assign the content to your account (Asia, NA, Europe). If the promotion is locked to the country of residency of the account that will be something that you won't be able to get around.
And there is an update from the official Japanese site... This promotion appears to be based on country of residence.

Temporary news: Purchase at Blizzard shop and get the "Cadgar" hero skin! About the campaign of
From 2018 December 18, 01:00 01:00 January 1, 2019 Japan time until Blizzard shop if you purchase more than 3,000 yen a product on the Hearthstone in, all of your account server (Asia, North and South America , Europe), Thank you very much for participating in the campaign to distribute Cadogher's hero skin.

Distribution of this campaign is done by the team in charge and it is reflected sequentially, so I am pleased to have you wait for a while.
Regarding the status of work, distribution is scheduled to be completed in January and if not reflected in January please contact customer support .

In addition, you can check whether distribution is completed normally from the "Collection" in the game, from the hero change tab at the top of the screen. Sorry to trouble you, but thank you for your review before contacting us.

<Reference>
Purchasing by Japanese account is described as "North and South America" ​​regardless of the purchased server because purchasing history is based on a mechanism to use shops in North and South America, not in Asia .

※ Please confirm that your country of residence is correctly in Japan. It is not payment of Japanese yen, it is not eligible for purchase of other currencies including US dollar.
The date stated on the order date is the notation of Pacific Standard Time (PST).