Dear ropers

Community Discussion
Grow up. if you lost you lost, there is no need to be immature about it
Are you this agitated when people spend all their mana? Or use every card? Or is it only the time resource you are so bothered when people spend it all?
Only time I deliberately rope is when the opponent is obnoxious with emotes.

Sometimes that happens when I win, sometimes when I lose.

But I'd have to agree that roping just because you lose is pathetic.
I remember when I was trying out OTK Shudderwock for the very first time, before the animation speed increase when the deck was still in its early stages and I still didn’t know what it was good or bad against, and people would occasionally rope - sometimes over multiple turns.

Here I am thinking “I’m playing a deck that regularly takes three to four minute turns, and you think I care about a minute of roping? Hokay.”
I had a warlock rope me when I was about to beat him today then he continued to jaraxxused just to go to 15 mana and sat there and did a command and roped me until I killed him. Some people cant handle the heat and need to get out of the kitchen.

01/03/2019 02:23 PMPosted by BadSoup
Only time I deliberately rope is when the opponent is obnoxious with emotes.

This is worse BM than someone BMing you with emotes..
It is just 15 seconds per turn, I think you will be alright.
01/03/2019 02:28 PMPosted by Teo
I remember when I was trying out OTK Shudderwock for the very first time, before the animation speed increase when the deck was still in its early stages and I still didn’t know what it was good or bad against, and people would occasionally rope - sometimes over multiple turns.

Here I am thinking “I’m playing a deck that regularly takes three to four minute turns, and you think I care about a minute of roping? Hokay.”

Haha! I remember this. I would play my shudderwok then go get a glass of water, check the mail and take a leak. I would return and sit down to find the thing still playing out. I would often wonder if they sat there and watched it or just went afk themselves.

Anyway, there is always the option to just forcibly kill the client. That will skip all the animations. However, you do run the risk of having the game detect you as disconnected and end the game in favor of your opponent, so I don't really recommend this, I wouldn't do it myself.

Anyway, I don't actually care about the rope. I see everyone's 75 seconds per turn as being equal. I have my 75 seconds, you have yours. And I budget for the full 75 seconds per player per turn. If someone takes up the entire turn, all 75 seconds of it, that is their time, it is the time we have all been allotted.

And there is nobody here who has not ever taken the full amount of time to execute their turn. Anyone who says otherwise is lying. When I have a board full of taunts against your board of minions and you have no spells to answer, you have to strategically carve through them, this calculation takes time, oftentimes more time than you are allotted. What minions attack which minions, and the order, to ensure the most efficient means of clearing, this takes time, even if you are calculating it during your opponent's turn as it happens, sometimes it is just not enough. We have all been there and anyone who has not been there is just inexperienced and thus, ignorant.
01/03/2019 08:49 PMPosted by MetalX
It is just 15 seconds per turn, I think you will be alright.

Some of us actually have a life and job and want to finish their dailies or just get a few quick games in, not exactly easy to get a quick game when someone ropes every single turn, but I wager you are one of those people who ropes to have a temper tantrum cuz you are losing
Bwahahahahahahahahaaha

You all STILL whine about rope burning??

Bwahahahahahahahahaaha
Bwahahahahahahahahaaha
Bwahahahahahahahahaaha

Some of us actually have a life and job

Two things there, Buttercup. If you're playing Hearthstone; you've got a very little "life". Two, you're at your JOB; then do your JOB. People have hired you to do a JOB, not play Hearthstone. If you're "working from home"; same thing applies. If I hired you to do a JOB; and found out you were wasting MY time and money; I'd fire your !@# on the spot.
01/04/2019 07:49 AMPosted by CrazyIntent
Bwahahahahahahahahaaha

Bwahahahahahahahahaaha
Bwahahahahahahahahaaha
Bwahahahahahahahahaaha

Some of us actually have a life and job

Two things there, Buttercup. If you're playing Hearthstone; you've got a very little "life". Two, you're at your JOB; then do your JOB. People have hired you to do a JOB, not play Hearthstone. If you're "working from home"; same thing applies. If I hired you to do a JOB; and found out you were wasting MY time and money; I'd fire your !@# on the spot.

You do realize BUTTERCUP that some people have time before they go to work right? Oh wait, you need a job and not mommy and daddy to get that.......and seeing as HS is a CASUAL game (I know, big word for someone with your intelligence) you can have plenty of time for a few games here and there......oh and you have to have money other than your parents to threaten someones job, cheers BUTTERCUP.
01/04/2019 07:49 AMPosted by CrazyIntent
Bwahahahahahahahahaaha

Bwahahahahahahahahaaha
Bwahahahahahahahahaaha
Bwahahahahahahahahaaha

You do realize BUTTERCUP that some people have time before they go to work right? Oh wait, you need a job and not mommy and daddy to get that.......and seeing as HS is a CASUAL game (I know, big word for someone with your intelligence) you can have plenty of time for a few games here and there......oh and you have to have money other than your parents to threaten someones job, cheers BUTTERCUP.

Aww did I strike a nerve with you widdle boy? lol Go back to crying about being rope burned and let the grown ups talk.

Aww did I strike a nerve with you widdle boy? lol Go back to crying about being rope burned and let the grown ups talk.

Sorry kid, I am 39 and probably have a kid your age, no you did not strike a nerve I was telling you how adults live, perhaps you will understand how adults live their lives when your balls drop and you get hair on your chest.
01/04/2019 08:58 AMPosted by Xamontt

Sorry kid, I am 39 and probably have a kid your age, no you did not strike a nerve I was telling you how adults live, perhaps you will understand how adults live their lives when your balls drop and you get hair on your chest.

Wait, you're 39??

Bwahahahahahahahahaaha
Bwahahahahahahahahaaha
Bwahahahahahahahahaaha

39.. and WHINING about rope burning?

Annnnnnd telling ME to grow up, let my balls drop?

Bwahahahahahahahahaaha
Bwahahahahahahahahaaha
Bwahahahahahahahahaaha

You're far more pathetic than I thought.
I only rope when the opponent does first. I plan moves ahead of time and play really quickly usually. I feel you, OP.
My rules of roping is as follows.

Rope me 3 turns in a row. I rope you till the end of the game and I will draw it out as long as possible if I have the time. Even if the player starts to move faster with their turn. You showed me you rope other people I'll gladly do it to you.

End of the game ropes that know they lost. I'll rope them flicking the kill card over and over again over the hero. More times than not they will leave the game. This let's them know you dont care and forces them to leave. It's rather kind of funny.

Go go ahead Rogers mess with me. I have no issues. I have two screens. I just load up a youtube video(s) and watch that. I know how to counter things quickly. So let's have fun :). See you in wild.
I'm willing to wager the op is some who emotes after each move.
01/04/2019 02:20 PMPosted by Xedaza

Actually I don't emote I think they are stupid, nice try junior

No, the OP only whines and boohoos over rope burning...

And he's 39.

Yet, still whines and boohoos about rope burning.
01/04/2019 04:10 PMPosted by CrazyIntent

And he's 39.

Yes because I am the only one with a life and responsibilities that think immature little pricks like you need to stop, it isn't whining it is called frustration, but maybe when you grow up and have to learn what that means in life you will get it........grow up kid.
01/05/2019 11:12 PMPosted by Xamontt
<span class="truncated">...</span>

And he's 39.

Yes because I am the only one with a life and responsibilities that think immature little pricks like you need to stop, it isn't whining it is called frustration, but maybe when you grow up and have to learn what that means in life you will get it........grow up kid.

There you go again, calling me immature while tossing "insults" and telling me to grow up when in fact, you whine and cry about rope burning. LMFAO. Oh and grandpa, I've got a life and responsibilities. A lot more than coming to the Hearthstone forums and WHINING and CRYING about rope burning.