How is it possible

Play Mode Discussion
I must have missed a button or command or something that allows a player to draw the exact cards they need exactly when they need it. I have lost track of how many Secret hunters I have played who have dropped secrets on turns 3 and 4 and then played a Spellstone on turn 5, and many who also dropped a Spellstone on turn 6. I also have lost track of the number of times I played against a Mage who dropped Jaina right on schedule at turn 9.

So, where is the command? How do I draw on such a curve?
We have a salt thread already. Why not post there?
Confirmation Bias.
Mathematics. Statistics. Skill.

These things seem like magic to the ignorant.
It was changed in the Balance Patch. lol
This reminds me of this tip I saw a few years back, and which considerably improved my level: "you don't mulligan hard enough".

It's often better to risk a bad starting hand than to keep mediocre cards (you obviously still keep the good ones) just because "at least I'll have something to do on turn 3".

People who do this tend to have the right card on curve more often than those who don't.
01/04/2019 10:37 AMPosted by Mattesonjd
I must have missed a button or command or something that allows a player to draw the exact cards they need exactly when they need it. I have lost track of how many Secret hunters I have played who have dropped secrets on turns 3 and 4 and then played a Spellstone on turn 5, and many who also dropped a Spellstone on turn 6. I also have lost track of the number of times I played against a Mage who dropped Jaina right on schedule at turn 9.

So, where is the command? How do I draw on such a curve?

Well one day soon I am going to make tutorial about Hearthstone.

Folks here will point you to Trump's 5 year old how to play Hearthstone tutorial. He uses old cards and starts at rank 20 vs other basic opponents. You did all this in the tutorial.

If you notice din your Tutorial playing the Mage or vs Others you saw the same cards show up regularly. Crocolisk 2/3 the 3/2 Raptor, Polymorph, Fireball, Sinjin Shieldmasta, Ogre....

There was a reason for this. I will get downvoted - maybe even bounced form the forums - but the game is DESIGNED to do this IMHO. And the supposed math and or programming people will pounce on this post saying no no no that isn't true.

But yet
Paladin Righteous Protector
Shaman Firefly
Hunter Diremole

for examples. And there is a list of 1 drops that are there consistently. As well as 2 drops, 3 drops (Tar Creeper, Stonehill defender), 4 drops, 5 drop Zilliax, 6 drop DK Rexxar as so on.

The game lays out the cards for you. Thats why players grab those net decks - they are...consistently good.

So whatever statistic tracker you Google:
https://hsreplay.net/cards/

Why do people choose these cards over all others? You get the amazing consistent mana curve. All you have to do is play the cards the RNG consistently hands you throughout the game. How is this 'randomly' possible? It isn't.

So as a player you have to see it and abuse it. The game is going to do it so use it to your advantage. You know the first turn card. The most likely action on turn 2. Minion on turn 3. Spell or Minion n turn 4 and on down the line. Its by design.
01/04/2019 11:31 AMPosted by Zuljinisop
If you notice din your Tutorial playing the Mage or vs Others you saw the same cards show up regularly.

The new player tutorial is much, much different than the ladder. It is designed to play out in a way specific way, to teach specific interactions...against the AI.

There is nothing setting up draws when playing other players. There is nothing "rigging" your draws or anything else while playing past the new player tutorial. If you feel the new player tutorial is a great way to support your claim, well....I don't know what to say to that then.

01/04/2019 11:31 AMPosted by Zuljinisop
Thats why players grab those net decks - they are...consistently good.

Yes, players tend to play more consistent decks. Decks that run consistently tend to do better. Not for the reasons you are trying to say.

This is just silly. I'm locking this. You are free to think the game interacts any way you like. If you are looking for specifics as to why I lock these threads, search out others on the forums, as I have listed reasons throughout those.

Thanks.