Why is this game so expensive?

Community Discussion
No really why? Spending $50 on a new expansion should be enough to experience the game to the fullest. Instead it takes $150-200 to get every legendary/epic card. In an expansion not the game as a whole...
Why is Blizzard releasing a mobile game like clash of this or clash of that called Diablo Immortal? Cause money makes the world go around.
Blizzards interest in earning money out-DPS'ed their interest in giving each person the same kind of gaming experience.
Thats our world today, mate.
01/05/2019 05:48 PMPosted by clarkkantt
No really why? Spending $50 on a new expansion should be enough to experience the game to the fullest. Instead it takes $150-200 to get every legendary/epic card. In an expansion not the game as a whole...

Sometimes even 200$ isn’t enough to build every interesting deck from the new expansion. And just to be noted, you need to spend that amount of money 3 times every year. Which is a lot even for a Korean MMO.
If you are a new player, may the God bless your soul.
this game is not pay to win. it's just pay.....
why the fk you spend so much money on a card game anyways....
01/05/2019 09:17 PMPosted by AsianDaddy
this game is not pay to win. it's just pay.....
why the fk you spend so much money on a card game anyways....

Because otherwise you can’t gather all or at least 80-90% of the cards? I mean, do you know that it’s actually a TCG game? Which means that you need to collect the cards. It’s not fun to play on a cheap 1-2 aggro decks almost a year before you can craft another deck. One deck.
Spending $50 on a new expansion should be enough to experience the game to the fullest. Instead it takes $150-200 to get every legendary/epic card.

Why do you want every legendary and epic card? No one deck use them all.
[quote]

Why do you want every legendary and epic card? No one deck use them all.

Yes, but most decks are built around legendarys........ so if your missing one, you cant fully experience the game. Theres so many fun decks to play, but I hate the fact that I have to shell out 20-50 bucks to either hope for a drop, or enough dust to create. Best solution is to make hearthstone a REAL trading card game. Implement a card trading feature, the fact that one doesnt exist means that it's not a tcg, but just a card game
01/07/2019 01:38 PMPosted by clarkkantt
Best solution is to make hearthstone a REAL trading card game. Implement a card trading feature, the fact that one doesnt exist means that it's not a tcg, but just a card game

Do you understand that REAL trading of card requires having no free cards at all? No newbie quests, no free packs on ranks 50-25, no "invitation" packs or discounts. Otherwise every dude will create 100500 accounts and gather full collection on one of them in no time for free. That won't pay bills.
....jus implement a trade feature, meaning they must swap cards, instead of being able to give one free... second all tcgs always have sales, pokemon, yugioh, naruto, byakugan. Hell they even have vaults they put cards in
I make new accounts for arena, and I can say the new player experience is awful.

Up until you save up enough for whizbang, the only thing you can do is lose most of your games in casual mode. You just have to hope for weekly tavern brawls that give you your own deck, and that's only after you hit level 20 with one class to play it.

150 - 260 gold a day including quests + quest trading, one arena run hoping to get 7+ wins, but as a new player it's unlikely you'll even understand the mechanics, let alone even get to 7 wins with the current arena meta consistently.

Two years in with some of my accounts, I only have 1/4 of all the sets without paying for anything.
It's Blizzard.

Also, they found the price points they feel are the sweet spots for the lines of code they let you use, even though those prices are absurd to anyone with common sense.

The wild bundle currently on sale is an absolute joke and a newbie trap.

because they don't make enough money, Hots is plundering, they have removed all devs from it and diablo is on maintenace mode with 2 devs just trying to do everything. They have also fired their CFO and CEO, so bliz is in a bad state now, so they are trying to grasp everything they can. All their hopes are on diablo immortal which is set to be released in 2022, which will most likely fail because of the third party developing it (very bad reputation, bad implementations, bugs etc.).
"Why is this game so expensive?" Because "Blazzard" needs more money) I'm free-to-play player. Now, I have only 3 effactive decks. It is only agressive decks. If you want to play сontrol or OTK decks - pay((( It's true and it's so sadly
01/08/2019 05:41 PMPosted by Rivini
those prices are absurd to anyone with common sense.

Yeah, I tell that in every food store, but still I buy it.
I don't pay a single dollar to play. I don't understand your point OP.

Activision
01/09/2019 11:07 AMPosted by SSD
01/08/2019 05:41 PMPosted by Rivini
those prices are absurd to anyone with common sense.

Yeah, I tell that in every food store, but still I buy it.

I appreciate you proving my point.
Well I feel old. I remember the good old days when you bought a game and that was it. You got the WHOLE GAME!!! Perish the thought.

Of course nowadays its all micro transaction this and that so they can milk as much profit out of a game as possible. (not just actiblizz but most gaming companies)

I myself refuse to pay anything on f2p games. The grind may be long but its free and keeps you interested in the game. Besides I don't have hundreds of $ lying around to blow on microtransactions.

I have my pc and my X360 plus a bunch of games I like that require no further purchases to play.

Oh did I mention I was old? Tape deck, spectrum125k and a joystick with (shock horror) one button.
You said it. Overpriced...could be $150 to $200 to get one whole expansion using dust from extras too unless you're really unlucky. I think the only reason I've survived to play as long as I have is because I was playing this before the first expansion allowing me to catch most of the basic/classic cards. In short...new players be damned unless you're a whale then Blizzard/Activision sorely needs your money ASAP before they abandon the game like HOtS.