About gonk

Play Mode Discussion
I'm as a player don't know if the interaction of double gonk is intended or not but as a player i'm need to say....

Let it be.

I'm never had so much fun with a deck and it is a actually good one despite of all what people say about it.

I'm as a player think that would be better have a text change in gonk speaking clearly that your hero can attack one more time than the interaction fixed in a scenario that it is not intended.

It is the happy accident that happens once a generation and is both good to play and skilltesting as a deck.
Tbh its probly intended , without the effect stacking , gonk is trash , and you can tell by looking at previous expansion , they don't print druid trash cards >.<

But yes even without the effect stacking I was still planning to meme a deck for it ^^
I don't get why the hero can attack continuously by having two Gonks.
I mean it said "when you kill a minion you can attack again"
After minions are dead you shouldn't be able to keep attacking.
12/05/2018 05:55 PMPosted by Nightangel

Because by having 2 gonk you win 2 extra attacks instead of one and the math does like this:

start = 1 attack
kill 1 minion = 1 attack - 1 attack + 2 attacks by gonks
kill 2 minions = kill 1 minion - 1 attack + 2 attacks by gonks

In other words:

Each minion you kill you win 2 extra attacks instead of 1 by having 2 gonks.

If we had 3 gonk then we would win 3 extra attacks by each minion killed.

Understood?
Got it. Thanks
I had 5 minions out and he killed them all and attacked me at least 6-7 times till I died
I own gonk and floop. Is this a good start?
12/05/2018 06:04 PMPosted by minami
12/05/2018 05:55 PMPosted by Nightangel

Because by having 2 gonk you win 2 extra attacks instead of one and the math does like this:

start = 1 attack
kill 1 minion = 1 attack - 1 attack + 2 attacks by gonks
kill 2 minions = kill 1 minion - 1 attack + 2 attacks by gonks

In other words:

Each minion you kill you win 2 extra attacks instead of 1 by having 2 gonks.

If we had 3 gonk then we would win 3 extra attacks by each minion killed.

Understood?

I still dont get it.

You kill a minion - 1 gonk allow you to attack again, 7 gonks allow you to attack again
You do not kill a minion on your attack - 1 gonk doesnt activate the special ability, 7 gonks doesnt activate

For me its a bug or atleast very unclear description of the card. It doesnt state "every time you kill a minion you get 1 free attack". It states - after you kill a minion you may attack again. Thus failing to do so, the hero should be unable to perform another because he hasnt killed any minion.

Typical bug I guess. But we all know team 5 sucks hard when it comes down to playtesting stuff and interactions. Same as they suck at wording.
It is the happy accident that happens once a generation and is both good to play and skilltesting as a deck.

How is smashing your hero against every minion and then enemy hero skill testing? (? And im not asking it in mad way, i have gonk but, i don't think he is skill testing
[/quote]

12/05/2018 11:03 PMPosted by Sunfire
[quote] It is the happy accident that happens once a generation and is both good to play and skilltesting as a deck.

How is smashing your hero against every minion and then enemy hero skill testing? (? And im not asking it in mad way, i have gonk but, i don't think he is skill testing

It is the hell to make resource management compared to other HS decks.

You have to check:

Your life
Your opponent minion count
What opponent minions you let live during the game.
Your potential burst.

And all of that while you still have to draw as much as you can.

That deck needs opponent minions alive to work.

kill something or not is really a painfull choice most of the time in gonk decks because you can be killing your win condition.
12/05/2018 09:26 PMPosted by haargroth

I still dont get it.

You kill a minion - 1 gonk allow you to attack again, 7 gonks allow you to attack again
You do not kill a minion on your attack - 1 gonk doesnt activate the special ability, 7 gonks doesnt activate

For me its a bug or atleast very unclear description of the card. It doesnt state "every time you kill a minion you get 1 free attack". It states - after you kill a minion you may attack again. Thus failing to do so, the hero should be unable to perform another because he hasnt killed any minion.

Typical bug I guess. But we all know team 5 sucks hard when it comes down to playtesting stuff and interactions. Same as they suck at wording.

Consider hero attack like action point.

Each turn you are given an action point, and you lose it even if you don't use it.
Si if you attack a minion or a hero, you use your only action point.

Now if you have a Gonk in play and you kill a minion, you use your action point and gonk give you 1 action point, so you can attack again.

If you have 2 gonk in play, you use your action point to kill a minion, and then each gonk give you 1 action point each, thus you have 2 action point.

Say you kill a second minion in that case, you use 1 of your 2 action points, so you have 1 left, and each gonk give you 1 each, so you total 3 action points at this point.

With enough minion kills, you can cumulate enough action point to send all your attack to face and kill you opponent.
12/06/2018 04:21 AMPosted by Vankrys
12/05/2018 09:26 PMPosted by haargroth

I still dont get it.

Consider hero attack like action point.

Each turn you are given an action point, and you lose it even if you don't use it.
Si if you attack a minion or a hero, you use your only action point.

Now if you have a Gonk in play and you kill a minion, you use your action point and gonk give you 1 action point, so you can attack again.

If you have 2 gonk in play, you use your action point to kill a minion, and then each gonk give you 1 action point each, thus you have 2 action point.

Say you kill a second minion in that case, you use 1 of your 2 action points, so you have 1 left, and each gonk give you 1 each, so you total 3 action points at this point.

With enough minion kills, you can cumulate enough action point to send all your attack to face and kill you opponent.

I understand your explanation. Though it doesnt say anything like that in description of the card.

Thats why I have said its either bug or wording fail
I'm guessing its a wording fail. Because the pre-made deck includes the combo, and the combo is essentially its entire end game.

However, the idea that its skill intensive is silly. Even if it doesn't generate you a one turn kill its still worth doing, because its both a board clear and huge face damage. If they're left with 3 health who cares. If they don't board clear you they for sure die next turn. If they don't board clear you they probably still die next turn. As long as you don't leave yourself at very low health its going to be a sensible play.

While it may be dependent on your opponent maintaining a board, that's something they have to manage for you anyway or they likely lose without you needing the combo.
12/06/2018 11:30 AMPosted by Perfidious
I'm guessing its a wording fail. Because the pre-made deck includes the combo, and the combo is essentially its entire end game.

However, the idea that its skill intensive is silly. Even if it doesn't generate you a one turn kill its still worth doing, because its both a board clear and huge face damage. If they're left with 3 health who cares. If they don't board clear you they for sure die next turn. If they don't board clear you they probably still die next turn. As long as you don't leave yourself at very low health its going to be a sensible play.

While it may be dependent on your opponent maintaining a board, that's something they have to manage for you anyway or they likely lose without you needing the combo.

skill intensive isn't unviable.

Actually when someone play something unviable when wanting to climb then such guy already doesn't have enough skill just by it's deck choice.

If someone can't understand something basic as this i'm will not be the fool who try to make biased people learn.