Swipe power level

Play Mode Discussion
I've been suspecting of this for a really long time, but I've decided for my own personal deck-building purposes that Swipe is frequently under-powered and underwhelming. I can do better things with the 2 deck slots on average.

And, I know Druid doesn't have any other AoE options. I personally just find Spreading Plague along with crazy armor gain to be more than enough.

Anybody else of the same opinion?
Swipe is so underwhelming it's a core card in nearly every druid deck in existence.
12/10/2018 01:34 PMPosted by EBSnike
Swipe is so underwhelming it's a core card in nearly every druid deck in existence.

Correct, and I'm trying to generate discussion around should it be? If you want to just submit to the online deck lists, you have the right to do so.

I can do more with the 2 deck slots.
The problem is that 2 slots isn't really that much space and other options are combos with neutral cards.

Spreading plague isn't enough and only work as stall unless you using a token deck that not need clear in fact.

From someone that tried it i'm would say that druid core is really rock solid until the rotation.
12/10/2018 01:27 PMPosted by RolandGilead
Swipe is frequently under-powered
Underpowered? I agree.
and underwhelming.
Frequently and underwhelming? I disagree.
I can do better things with the 2 deck slots on average.
I disagree. It's good for what it is on druid.

Swipe is fine in my book. Armor is also fine in my book. +SP on top of that is what makes it problematic to me.
12/10/2018 01:48 PMPosted by minami

Spreading plague

Is a design mistake that goes against the entire concept of Druid, it doesnt matter if it's good or bad yet it is inherently toxic to the game.

Imagine if Blue had hard exiling effects or mana ramp in MtG.
12/10/2018 01:34 PMPosted by EBSnike

what other choices druid has for an AOE at that cost ?

Spreading plague

Is a design mistake that goes against the entire concept of Druid, it doesnt matter if it's good or bad yet it is inherently toxic to the game.

how ? hiding behind taunts always been a thing for druid and using minions to counter opponent board because of the lack of strong AOE
druid "weapon " always been its minions
Just about anything is going to look weak if Spreading Plague is the standard.
12/10/2018 02:43 PMPosted by OilyWarlock

Spreading plague

I'm had got a downvote just by mention a card?

Really?

Wow that is probably my new record of having a insta downvotes. Worse than this is only people that get downvotes for exist.
Thanks guy.
In druid it's good, due to the fact that it can stop early aggro pretty effectively, which is generally the only thing you need to worry about as druid. Once the early aggro stalls, all your big, ramped stuff can just dominate the game.

It would be pretty unplayable in most other classes, however, due to different dynamics.
12/10/2018 02:52 PMPosted by minami
12/10/2018 02:43 PMPosted by OilyWarlock

Really?

Wow that is probably my new record of having a insta downvotes. Worse than this is only people that get downvotes for exist.
Thanks guy.

I would downvote you just for your terrible grasp on the English language. Every post you make I can’t tell if English isn’t your first language or if you’re just retarded
12/10/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Fellinator

Really?

Thanks guy.

I would downvote you just for your terrible grasp on the English language. Every post you make I can’t tell if English isn’t your first language or if you’re just retarded

You’ve basically just guaranteed yourself a ban there mate.
12/10/2018 03:48 PMPosted by Fellinator

Really?

Thanks guy.

And you sound like a Professor of linguistics.
12/10/2018 01:27 PMPosted by RolandGilead
And, I know Druid doesn't have any other AoE options

Druid also has Starfall. That being said, lack of aoe is one of druid's defining weaknesses.

Swipe is plenty powerful, it just takes a lot of skill to set up and use correctly. Druid is good at having minions on board, which means there are plenty of situations where swipe and minion trades are a puzzle of play order and clever target choice for the 4 damage part

Sure, it isn't as powerful as say Dragon's Breath that can wipe a board with ease
Today's players just don't bother with Spell Damage, but that wasn't always the case. With even one point of Spell Damage, Swipe is a decent card no matter what the meta looks like. At no point has it ever been a "bad" card.

Are there cards that better server a deck than Swipe? I suppose that depends on the deck. I'd agree that no card should be an "auto-include" just because it's always been an auto-include. I'm not sure that a blanket, "Don't put Swipe in your deck" statement is all that useful, though. Any deck that replaces Swipe with something else is going to need reasons why Card X is better than Swipe in that deck.