Druids dead since the double nerfs they received?

Play Mode Discussion
How many druids have you faced since the double nerf?

I have seen 3 out of 100+ games since the nerfs hit on my hsreplay history. What about you?
I have played about 100 games in last 3 days and have seen one or two druids
I've seen one playing an old list. He lost miserably.
Malygos still lives.

Saw a Spiteful Summoner version.
Ran across a token Druid trying to fill the odd paladin void. Aggressive Druid decks didn’t all run Wild Growth, and can run Keleseth now if they choose.
I think it is a little early to call druid dead. They definitely need to recalibrate after the nerfs as their entire mana curve that the top decks were running on got trashed.

It will be interesting to see what deck rises to the top under these conditions, but they may still stay weak due to the hunter flood meta.
https://imgur.com/a/G3dBWjo

Well I got Gonk'd at Rank 17 by a druid using all the "nerf'd" cards

Was in total control, or so I thought, until turn 12. Branching Paths and Ferocious Howl still out early in the game to stall it out long enough to make Wild Growth and Nourish very useful.

Kept gaining armor and I knew endgame was coming soon as Twig the World Tree was at 1 fatigue.

I looked at my hand and put down what I could and the Druid was left with ONE hotpoint. Just 1 hitpoint. So a misplay for 1 hp can cost you.

So then it was Gone and Dbl Gonk time. Hero Up kill all that I had and with Double Gonk he can attack what 20 times? I was at 28 heath and 4 armor.

Now I could complain and say - awe man unfair - you cant do anything about this. Druids shouldn't be able to repeat a step and attack 20 times in a round. Tough just a little whine for th nerf of Shudderwock and it gets nerfed for being repeatable. But since druids don't have anything, at least the can have fun with Gonk.

1 stinking hitpoint.
The Druid numbers were expected to dorp after the nerfs, but this does not represent the power level of the class. It is the perceived power level of it being unplayable after the nerfs that drives most players to not pick Druid. This is the human factor.

For example, there is another game called League of Legends where a character (Vlad) was about to receive a set of nerfs. After the patch, Vlad numbers plumetted. But guess what, somebody in the Dev team did not include the nerfs in the patch and Vlad was still the same in terms of power.

Don't be so quick to draw a correlation between play frequency and power level. Give Druids a few weeks to adjust, and you'll start seeing play numbers rise again assuming the class still has some viable tools.
The nerfs changed the decks but not the scenario per se.

Hunter had three tier 1 decks with near broken status ans was the most popular class even while Odd Paladin, its worst matchup, was up. Now it is even more rampant without being nerfed and its really bad matchups gone. Can't wait to play yet another match against a Hunter.

Shudderwock Shaman simply got replaced by OTK Paladin.

Got OTK'ed by Malygos Druid? Have fun being OTK'ed by Ressurrect Priest now.

Odd Rogue traded places with Odd Paladin as Hunter's worst aggressive matchup. While it may be less polarizing than Paladin, they also can kill you much faster.

Odd Warrior returned briefly with less combos, but still gets rekt by Deathstalker anyway. There's even the return of Cubelock. Even Shaman is the same as in Witchwood as a good deck.

I'll let you guess the amount of new cards/decks being played.

The only ones who really needed to be looked at were Odd Paladin and Kingsbane Rogue. Druid should have UI, Branching Paths, Plague and DK adjusted, not its core cards Warsong'ed.

This even affected some other classes: Even Paladin, Zoolock and Even Warlock (plus Hunters) were always good and favoured against Druids. Even Warlock was also good against Odd Paladin, now that Druids and Odd Paladin are gone, they lost some of their strength as well.

Big Spell Mage was great against Even Paladin, Zoo and Even Lock, decent against Hunters and Odd Paladin. But it sucks against OTK Paladin, Ress Priest.

It's the same type of meta, only with different old decks.
12/22/2018 07:50 PMPosted by Systemworks
The Druid numbers were expected to dorp after the nerfs, but this does not represent the power level of the class. It is the perceived power level of it being unplayable after the nerfs that drives most players to not pick Druid. This is the human factor.

For example, there is another game called League of Legends where a character (Vlad) was about to receive a set of nerfs. After the patch, Vlad numbers plumetted. But guess what, somebody in the Dev team did not include the nerfs in the patch and Vlad was still the same in terms of power.

Don't be so quick to draw a correlation between play frequency and power level. Give Druids a few weeks to adjust, and you'll start seeing play numbers rise again assuming the class still has some viable tools.

Except in your example Vlad was not actually nerfed, here Druid very much was nerfed. Play frequency dropped because their power level dropped, there is a very obvious correlation here.
12/22/2018 08:10 PMPosted by Ketchup
12/22/2018 07:50 PMPosted by Systemworks

Except in your example Vlad was not actually nerfed, here Druid very much was nerfed. Play frequency dropped because their power level dropped, there is a very obvious correlation here.

You missed my point.

Play frequency dropped because players THINK the class is underpowered after the nerf, regardless of if being really the case. The Vlad scenario is case in point.

Right now we don't know yet, and will probably need to watch the meta and the class in the coming weeks to know for sure how Druids fit in. The drop in play rate is directly linked to it receiving nerfs, irrespective of real power level.
they still have biology project I think they can come back but they were hit a little to hard I think. nerfs for druid shouldve came after the expansion.
12/22/2018 08:30 PMPosted by Systemworks
Play frequency dropped because players THINK the class is underpowered after the nerf, regardless of if being really the case. The Vlad scenario is case in point.

Except in this case it isn't just people abandoning the class. It's those who are playing it having next to no success.

For better or for worse, Malygos Druid has been pretty much the king of consistency since, what? Witchwood? Kobolds? A long time regardless.

But it went from a fairly consistent deck overall (roughly 50-51% WR) to complete dumpster tier, with a spike in win-rate as the less skilled pilots abandoned it the night before it was nerfed. It's currently sitting at something like 43% WR.

I think the evidence so far shows that it isn't just perception, the class as a whole has been pretty much dumpstered, with only Spiteful being left as the last half-decent archetype for Druid (and even then I'd hesitate to call it "good").
12/22/2018 08:30 PMPosted by Systemworks
You missed my point.

Right now we don't know yet, and will probably need to watch the meta and the class in the coming weeks to know for sure how Druids fit in. The drop in play rate is directly linked to it receiving nerfs, irrespective of real power level.

It was a garbage point... This isn't an issue of perception. Druid doesn't have a deck with over 50% win rate at this time.

Sure, people aren't playing the class because of the nerfs. That's always a factor. But people aren't playing the class because it's underperforming.

https://hsreplay.net/meta/#tab=archetypes
Comparing a real time game like LoL to Hearthstone...

Even if Vlad had indeed been nerfed, people who knew matchups, how to lane, map awareness and etc could still play the champ and go to Master rank with him. This was true for almost every champion.

You can know the matchup, what they're gonna do, what you need to do and completely fail because WG at 3 and Nourish at 6 was overkill.

Odd Paladin and Kingsbane should've been looked at, agreed. For Druid they should've looked at UI, Paths, Plague and maybe the DK, but instead Warsong'ed WG and Nourish. It's so bad that not even with UI, Paths, Plague and DK untouched people are having ~40% win rates.

Druid decks were already bad against Hunters, Warlocks and Even Paladin and it was a race with Shudderwock. Now it got even worse.

The funny thing is the collateral damage to other classes as well. Zoo and Even Warlock and Even Pally were good against Druid and Big Spell Mage and Odd Warrior were great against those Pally/Lock. Now without Druid they lost their own power and popularity and Hunter is running rampant as outside of Odd Rogue they don't have bad matchups against anyone. Priest isn't that consistent.
Druid got a double whammy with a weak new set of cards followed by the ramp nerfs. Ramp without penalty plus all the ez armour gain was driving the player base nuts and the nerf bat got swung. Although the win rates haven't been that high since the Jade era Druid has been put in the penalty box.

Hunter is having it's day. It will be curious to see if Rexxar makes it to the April finish line given the current absurd play rates.
Not dead but just got hit pretty hard , ramping is now way to slow with current cards in standard .
Hello, Druid guy here.
I played about 15 games of Quest Druid and 5 games of Spiteful since the nerfs.

The spiteful deck has obviously not changed but didnt get any new powerful addition either. High roll deck but pretty average overall and easy to counter if you just take some tempo advantage over it.

The quest Druid has a very bad matchup against Hunter unfortunetly so it's not doing amazing BUT it's doing quite good against most control and combo decks. Has a hard time vs Priests tho becasue Psychic scream is OP but overall it's imo the best archetype druid has atm.
Using Nourrish in it for the card draw after quest is completed and the occasional ramp , 2 innervates just to help curving out but no Wild Growth as I honestly think the card is completly dead now (just my opinion but card cycle for 3 in the late game is just horrible).
Also 2 greedy sprites that come out pretty often early with the 2 oaken summons.
Didnt try biology project as I always thought this card was bad but it might be worth a shot now that ramp options are more limited.

So I read on this thread that a Malygos Player didnt have much success
Any other Druid player out there with other archetypes like tokens or treants maybe ?

EDIT : For those interested here are :
- Spiteful deck list : AAECAZICDMUE8gX5DJfBApvCAtPFAsLOApnTApziApvoAuH7Aqr/AgneBevCApvLAofOApHQAtHhAovlAvnmAtfrAgA=
- Quest deck list :
AAECAZICBsUEi8ECws4CmdMCm+gC6PwCDEBf/gHEBvfMAofOAqbOApjSAprkAoTmAvnmAtiMAwA=
Nows the best time to move to Druid if you are nonmeta, nonexpected, and weaker-card minded.

Its why I moved to big hunter years ago, but now that got so buffed and meta the cycle continues and its time to jump ship to a 'weak decktype' to avoid playing hsreplay highwin decks n cards.

so playing Druid is more fun than playing some vsreport list everyone expects your cards in hand precast gross. rather rank idk 15, 19, 10 with Druid than legend metavsreport.

howyouwin not howmuchyouwin. 1 percenter

most say 'but I beat you I won'...yea with meta...so its not winning with style.
it doesn't matter then.
losing w style v winning with meta...both are about the same.
I played Jade and combo Druid when those deck were considered broken and I have no remorse .
Now I will keek playing Druid even if people think it's garbo and I don't care either.

What I 'm trying to say is that you shouldn't care about what people think of you or your deck and just enjoy what you want.
And even the people who only netdeck the top meta decks I would say it's not 100% their fault, if the game was properly balanced their wouldnt be 1 or 2 "Top" decks but a handful of balanced one.
I'm not fan of that behavior it's not what I do but I can't only blame people for doing it and not the developpers for not properly balancing the game in the first place :)