This game won’t let you climb even with legendary deck

Play Mode Discussion
This game won’t let you climb even with legendary deck.
I mean it.
I have a legendary deck for even paladin. This deck is very strong no doubts, BUT.
Hearthstone scripts or whatever stuff in their gameplay team wont let me climb EVEN TO 10 RANK. WITH LEGENDARY DECK!
Team Hearthstone: it is useless to play your game when you make everything against player.
For example, when i play spell hunter legendary deck you give me as an enemy player: priest, rogue etc.
When i play even paladin in 10 games there will 5 control warriors with legendary decks, which means it is impossible to beat them with my deck, which means impossible to climb.
“Thank you blizzard” for making your loyalty players very disappointed...
P.S. it is very sad that you company want all the money in the world and stop being honest with your players and give them truly competitive style of game, but no.. let’s play this sh*t.
P.P.S. I play for 2-4 hours everyday. For 1 month after “R games” i still on 14. Not even close to 10... with LEGENDARY DECK.
That explains PERFECTLY why there are zero players at rank 10 and beyond.

It all makes so much sense now!!!
01/03/2019 08:29 PMPosted by PuchiPuchi

You never explain what you mean by "legendary deck". There are different ways to handle this depending on what you mean.

1. What you mean is "a deck that has a lot of Legendary minions". You've come to a very important learning moment in any Hearthstone player's time with the game. Specifically, you've come to the realization that having more Legendary minions in a deck doesn't necessarily mean that you automatically win more. This is eveident with the high winrates of decks like Odd Paladin and Midrange Hunter. While it can be very good to include specific Legendary minions that synergize with your strategy, just cramming as many Legendary minions as possible will often hinder you more than help.

2. What you mean is "a deck I found online which people have reached Legend with". In this case, it is a matter of your skill as a player more than anything else that needs to improve. You have the deck, but merely playing games with it will (in most cases) not automatically earn you a higher rank. As you climb the ladder, you need to make more and more advanced choices in your gameplay so that you can compete with other people who are doing the same thing.

Take a deep breath and reflect on your games. "Big Blizz" isn't rigging your games (people have conducted statistical analyses on this and came to the conclusion that there is no rigging happening). You're just encountering a patch of bad luck combined with a part of the ladder that has more competitive players/decks.
I mean it.
I have a legendary deck for even paladin. This deck is very strong no doubts, BUT.
Hearthstone scripts or whatever stuff in their gameplay team wont let me climb EVEN TO 10 RANK. WITH LEGENDARY DECK!
Team Hearthstone: it is useless to play your game when you make everything against player.
For example, when i play spell hunter legendary deck you give me as an enemy player: priest, rogue etc.
When i play even paladin in 10 games there will 5 control warriors with legendary decks, which means it is impossible to beat them with my deck, which means impossible to climb.
“Thank you blizzard” for making your loyalty players very disappointed...
P.S. it is very sad that you company want all the money in the world and stop being honest with your players and give them truly competitive style of game, but no.. let’s play this sh*t.
P.P.S. I play for 2-4 hours everyday. For 1 month after “R games” i still on 14. Not even close to 10... with LEGENDARY DECK.

Definitely no other possible explanation, no sirree.
01/03/2019 08:38 PMPosted by Wardrum

I like your sarcastic tone)
No, that means that people climbed in to legendary rank or even rank 4, 5, 1 a long ago.
If you are right now at rank 15 and you make your deck from “top 1 tier to beat” you still will be in the middle of 15-13
01/03/2019 08:42 PMPosted by InfinityMin1

You never explain what you mean by "legendary deck". There are different ways to handle this depending on what you mean.

1. What you mean is "a deck that has a lot of Legendary minions". You've come to a very important learning moment in any Hearthstone player's time with the game. Specifically, you've come to the realization that having more Legendary minions in a deck doesn't necessarily mean that you automatically win more. This is eveident with the high winrates of decks like Odd Paladin and Midrange Hunter. While it can be very good to include specific Legendary minions that synergize with your strategy, just cramming as many Legendary minions as possible will often hinder you more than help.

2. What you mean is "a deck I found online which people have reached Legend with". In this case, it is a matter of your skill as a player more than anything else that needs to improve. You have the deck, but merely playing games with it will (in most cases) not automatically earn you a higher rank. As you climb the ladder, you need to make more and more advanced choices in your gameplay so that you can compete with other people who are doing the same thing.

Take a deep breath and reflect on your games. "Big Blizz" isn't rigging your games (people have conducted statistical analyses on this and came to the conclusion that there is no rigging happening). You're just encountering a patch of bad luck combined with a part of the ladder that has more competitive players/decks.

That means that people climbed in to legendary rank or even rank 4, 5, 1 a long ago.
If you are right now at rank 15 and you make your deck from “top 1 tier to beat” you still will be in the middle of 15-13
It isn't just the deck. What to mulligan for in each match. Win conditions of the deck. When to trade and when to go face. Even after all that, the hundreds of games you have to play to get legend. Most players don't even play enough with the required skill. I usually win streak past all the ranks you are complaining about in the first day or two.
01/03/2019 08:48 PMPosted by PuchiPuchi

I like your sarcastic tone)
No, that means that people climbed in to legendary rank or even rank 4, 5, 1 a long ago.
Except that I already have a slew of players on my friends list who I've seen ascend from 14 to beyond 10 over the last 3 days, so no.

I understand it's frustrating to run into counters, but you have to realize that you're playing a game in which a 55-60% winrate is excellent.

That means playing 20 matches and still losing 8 or 9 of them is considered a very decent run.
You have to play a deck which performs well in the meta. It's basically that simple. And you need to play it well. Enjoy the long ride, it will teach you many lines of play, and will help you recognize mistakes. You'll get better the more you pay attention and learn. That's how you get to legend. It's that simple.

You are getting sarcastic lately, my good sir.

Nice, let the troll side consume you.
01/03/2019 09:04 PMPosted by Kat
You have to play a deck which performs well in the meta. It's basically that simple. And you need to play it well. Enjoy the long ride, it will teach you many lines of play, and will help you recognize mistakes. You'll get better the more you pay attention and learn. That's how you get to legend. It's that simple.
i Play the same deck as the guy from legend rank 1. My deck is from top decks to beat.
I really feel that this game just make ups and downs and thats it.
Dear OP, I take your word for it that your deck is among the strongest there is. Yes.

Lewis Hamilton is the F1 World Champion in 2018.
I take his car and I won't even qualify for the races. Much less be World Champion.
The car is a great car, legendary even.
Me? Not so much.

You get what I'm saying?
01/09/2019 05:11 AMPosted by PuchiPuchi
i Play the same deck as the guy from legend rank 1. My deck is from top decks to beat.

We’ve told you everything we can tell you. There is more than just a good deck to getting legend. You simply refuse to acknowledge time investment and skill as factors. You’re playing a deck someone got to legend with? A deck someone got to high legend with? Good for you. So are 90% of the people on the ladder. People at the same rank as you. What makes you better than them? Play games, learn from them. Don’t just copy paste a deck and expect it to carry you.
01/09/2019 05:19 AMPosted by Systemworks
Dear OP, I take your word for it that your deck is among the strongest there is. Yes.

Lewis Hamilton is the F1 World Champion in 2018.
I take his car and I won't even qualify for the races. Much less be World Champion.
The car is a great car, legendary even.
Me? Not so much.

You get what I'm saying?

This. It’s a combination of user error and SOMETIMES pocket metas. When you reach a rank floor, people already at the rank floor play different decks. Decks that are more specialized and have worse win rates because they don’t have a fear of being demoted.
Yikes
IMO the laddering equation follows mainly this parameter weight trend:
Time investment > Mini Metas (according to rank) > Variance (=luck) > Skill

Different weights are in effect at different ranks as well for its parameter... In high legend for instance Skill is weighted more heavily than it is below the Legend rank. While at low legend ranks luck for the given opponents decklist/surprise effect, luck of the draw/opponent mistakes etc are expected to be weighted more heavily.
I gave Skill the least weight as the majority of the meta decks do not necessitate a lot experience/knowledge atm to play them at a decent level.
On the other hand huge mistakes are still possible so i 'ld start there just to make sure that i am not falling for one of those repeatedly. Reviewing your recent past losses with a clear head should answer this one...
01/09/2019 05:11 AMPosted by PuchiPuchi

I’m hearing, “knowledge and decision making play a role in win percentage.”

Short story time.

Yesterday evening I was tumbling around rank 6-7 with the most standard Odd Paladin list (just wanted to hit R5 quickly this month), and got perfect 50% winrate (18-18) with it - encountered many Control Priests, Cubelocks, Spell/Secret Hunters, even some BSMs. Everyone was playing decently well and I realized most decks today were countering me, so playing Odd Pally became very tedious.

Got bored, switched a few cards in the deck, now playing an Odd Paladin with Mech twist, and went to R5 in a win streak of 5-0 against opponents that apparently didn't know what their cards even do, or tried to climb with Combo Priest (the one with Grave Horrors and Banana Buffoon).

Now now. I'm a reasonable person and I know it's explainable by low sample size etc, but it legitimately made me stop and scratch my head. It's the first time it had happened to me, and it's truly perplexing when it does.
-_-

There is no script preventing you from progressing.

Please reevaluate and consider it may be due to another reason.