Any deck where Nightmare Amalgam is effective?

New Player Tavern
This card made me laugh louder that any card from hearthstone. I really want to find effective deck when this... being can be usefull, with at least two of it's "abilities".
A 3-4 for 3 mana is at least by Arena standards a solid body. For ranked, it may be a bit underwhelming if you don't profit from its abilities.

However, you can include it in all decks that require synergy based on minion type. It is not the best in a murloc-deck, but it may fit in e.g. a pirate deck, a dragon-synergy deck, an elemental-synergy deck, a (hunter or druid) beast-synergy deck, etc etc.

You'll be hard pressed to find a deck where it can simultaneously find synergy on two or more of its properties, because there will be too little other cards to get the synergy at a consistent level. But who knows what can be done if someone really tries.....
I've been toying around with an odd dragon priest.
I run it there, it's fairly alright.

That's the only idea I got to share, sadly
I remember (didn't played, just seen) some cards that buffs "random beast, drake, and murlock in your deck". So, some kind of archetypes existed? Or Blizzard just gave us possibility but nobody figured out HOW to use it?
12/24/2018 10:51 AMPosted by Mirror
I remember (didn't played, just seen) some cards that buffs "random beast, drake, and murlock in your deck". So, some kind of archetypes existed? Or Blizzard just gave us possibility but nobody figured out HOW to use it?

Oh, that was the Karazahn stuff. It rotated at the same time that Witchwood released so the timing was kinda off. The buffs were on the field so it might have worked.

As for current standard decks, you could try adding Murlocs to Beast Hunter or Elementals to Dragon Priest, those two seem like two of the more likely to work.
12/24/2018 11:12 AMPosted by Sprocket
you could try adding Murlocs to Beast Hunter

Maybe I will try it. In time of Gadgetan pack was released, I was murlock fan and created almost every non-legendary murlock I could. Now I am hunter fan and am slowly creating hunter's deck. So, will try to see, could they have SOME synergy together or not.

(Sad - hunter has no his own murlock cards. I think that it would be once, with Great Lore Thing about "taming murlocks").

Can't say much about dragon priest-or-somebody, never played dragons:). (Ironically, just got Izera).
Also - just though about shaman, he can summon totems with hero power. Any shaman deck that got benefits BOTH from murlocks and totems?
I'd say dragon/murloc synergy (especially if you try some sort of odd crossover and miss a huge portion of the even synergies).
Actually the only way to make it construted worth is to manage to build a duo tribe deck.

It isn't impossible but they were never viable. Maybe next year it can work.
I once won a game when I played ice fishing from witch cauldron that fished up two amalgam then I later magnetic wargeared one for lethal
I use it in my dragon/mech warrior deck in which it's quite good.
I like the Nightmare Amalgam in my Quest Shaman deck. At 4 health, it's sturdier than my other Murlocs. A few times, I have benefited from the synergy on my opponent's side: for example, when my opponent casts a "damage all minions except Dragons" spell.

I want to make a Warrior deck with Dragon synergy AND Mech synergy, so I'll definitely be putting it in there!

I probably wouldn't craft the Nightmare Amalgam, but since I have one, I like it.