What to craft? (Year of the Raven)

Play Mode Discussion
Hey there fair Hearthstone players!
I'm just looking for little advice about what to craft on the expansions of the year of the Raven.
I have enough dust to craft at least 3 legendaries. And i was wondering if its worth to craft the 3 past hero cards of each expansion. (Hagatha, Dr Boom and Zul'jin)

I already have a couple of cards of the past expansions and of course missing some others. I was also thinking on Zilliax (not sure if he is actually necessary on the decks he is used)

What would you kindly recommend?
12/17/2018 02:52 PMPosted by Coud
Hey there fair Hearthstone players!
I'm just looking for little advice about what to craft on the expansions of the year of the Raven.
I have enough dust to craft at least 3 legendaries. And i was wondering if its worth to craft the 3 past hero cards of each expansion. (Hagatha, Dr Boom and Zul'jin)

I already have a couple of cards of the past expansions and of course missing some others. I was also thinking on Zilliax (not sure if he is actually necessary on the decks he is used)

What would you kindly recommend?

Most important questions first would be..

What class do you like or want to play?

Do you want to climb the ladder?

And remember rotation is coming.
I already have a couple of decks to climb the ladder but yes i would like to get more variety. I have almost all versions of warlock decks available, Baku and Genn that already open the doors to a couple of aggresive decks and I have the spell hunter deck so i was thinking on Zul'jin as a complement of the deck.

I played almost every class although I do not have decks for shaman, priest and warrior currently. But I was really interested on the odd warrior dragon deck as well (but im not sure if its really worth it or even a good deck).
I like Hagatha because of her battlecry and hero power but i won't be crafting the necessary tools for the shudderwock deck and the even deck in standard is really expensive (contrary to its wild version that i like and already play))
So i wasn't really sure about her.
And zilliax i can see him in almost every deck but i am not sure if he is worth the 1600 dust.

And as for the rotation all of them wont be rotating until 2020 so i won't be losing them yet.
All four of the legendaries that you mention are solid choices. (And, yes, Zilliax is worth the dust. He's not a solo-game-winner, but he's nearly always a strong addition to any deck that can run him.)

What I would say, though, is: Don't rush into crafting a legendary just because you can.

Wait until you have a deck that you want to use a particular legendary in and only craft one then.

Having legendaries is nice, but it really doesn't do that much for you unless you actually get to use them. Since dust is generally harder to get than to spend, I'd recommend saving it until you decide to make something you plan to use both immediately and frequently. Crafting a great legendary that you will never use because you don't have the other cards needed to support the decks it goes into is just a waste of dust in the end.
You won't be losing Raven cards, but if you're basing what you craft on a certain deck, that deck might not be around after rotation.

I would advize against crafting the 3 hero cards only because it seems to spread yourself too thin. Something like Zilliax however can go in many different decks.

You don't have to spend all your dust in one go do you? Craft as you fancy decks you want to play. Start with Zuljin? Or even buff up your classic collection if it's got holes, always useful.
1. Baku the Mooneater: If you don't already have Baku, craft Baku because Baku is in Bookoo decks. You will save booku bucks playing baku in baku decks.

2. Zul'Jin: Yogg without the drawbacks. Nuff said.

3. Deathstalker Rexxar: May not be from Year of the Raven but it is required for spell hunter and you will want to use it after Zul'Jin ideally because the hero power is half the reason for it.
Thanks for all the advices.

12/17/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Aegaeon
(And, yes, Zilliax is worth the dust. He's not a solo-game-winner, but he's nearly always a strong addition to any deck that can run him.)

I have seen him in a lot of decks so i think i will craft him. He could be a little help in many other decks i already have.

Wait until you have a deck that you want to use a particular legendary in and only craft one then.

That's why i was thinking about Dr Boom for odd warrior. Do you think is worth the dust? I am missing him and about 2 or 3 epics.
And as i said. I have spell hunter. Does Zul'jin really makes the deck better?

12/17/2018 03:29 PMPosted by Cunning
I would advize against crafting the 3 hero cards only because it seems to spread yourself too thin. Something like Zilliax however can go in many different decks.

If not the 3 of them. Who of the three would you recommend crafting? Or maybe make it a little easier (i dont think i would be crafting a whole shaman deck) Between Zul'jin and Boom. Which would you craft?

20 min ago
1. Baku the Mooneater: If you don't already have Baku, craft Baku because Baku is in Bookoo decks. You will save booku bucks playing baku in baku decks.

2. Zul'Jin: Yogg without the drawbacks. Nuff said.

3. Deathstalker Rexxar: May not be from Year of the Raven but it is required for spell hunter and you will want to use it after Zul'Jin ideally because the hero power is half the reason for it.

I already have all those except for Zul'jin, i was actually asking about the 3 hero cards specifically and zilliax
Personally, I go with a 'build around what you have' kind of deal.

I have DK Rexxar, King Krush, Zul'Jin, and two Carnivorous Cubes, so Kathreena is on my potential craft list. I also have Baku, so just two Level Ups would finish off my Odd Paladin if I wanted it, possibly two Quartermasters if I wanted to play it in Wild. I also happen to own Shudderwock, Grumble and Keleseth, so finishing those decks off by crafting Kalimos or Hagatha The Witch is not out of the picture.

What do you have that you can finish? Which one of those is interesting to play for you even without the full deck?

That's why i was thinking about Dr Boom for odd warrior. Do you think is worth the dust? I am missing him and about 2 or 3 epics.
And as i said. I have spell hunter. Does Zul'jin really makes the deck better?

I'd say that it depends on what your goal is:

Do you want to be a strong competitor in the current meta-game?

If so, then I'd suggest not crafting either just yet.
Spellhunter has experienced a boost in popularity with the introduction of Zul'jin, so the recent high play-rate of the deck does not necessarily reflect the actual long-term power of the deck. If it continues to be a powerful deck over the next couple weeks, Zul'jin might be a strong choice to craft. If not, then you haven't lost the dust.
Odd Warrior doesn't seem to be a strong contender in the meta at the moment, so Boom doesn't seem like a great choice right now if success on the current ladder is your goal.

If you are more interested in what you find fun to play, then Zul'jin could be a great addition to your Spellhunter deck, if that's something you enjoy playing.
For Boom, I'd suggest trying what you can of the typical Odd Warrior decks before crafting him. It's generally a very slow archetype, so it's likely to be a much more polarizing experience depending on whether you enjoy playing that sort of deck or not.

Basically it comes down to what you think you'll enjoy playing. If you are aiming to climb the ladder, I'd suggest waiting on both. If instead you are aiming to build decks that you enjoy playing, then that's a question for you: Do you enjoy playing Spell Hunter enough that you want to add Zul'jin to the deck? And do you think you'd enjoy playing a very passive control deck like Odd Warrior that relies on extending the game in fatigue to win?

Or, as I said originally, for each card ask yourself: are you going to use this a lot starting right now? If yes, then it's probably worth it. If no, then wait until there's something that is worth it.
Here's an excellent guide: https://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/hearthstone-legendary-crafting-guide-standard/
Kripparian just released a crafting video for Rastakhan.

Regis Killbin does the best crafting videos, but he doesn’t have them for Rastakhan yet.

For Raven top 3 IMO:
Baku
Genn
Zilliax
If you run Spell Hunter and you enjoy playing the deck, I think Zul'jin is absolutely a must craft. He makes that deck shine.
I'm would craft untamed beastmaster.

He makes the odd beast package insane in agressive odd decks and is only a epic.
Zul’jin makes spell hunter significantly better. Without zul’jin spell hunter is fun but not great. Zul’jin is really what makes spell hunter such a force to be reckoned with. Played spell hunter since kobolds and my 2 cents is Zul’jin significantly increases the power of spell hunter. If you enjoy playing spell hunter he is worth crafting. Also he stays until the next rotation.
Zilliax (versatile)
Zul’Jin (key in spellhunter)

Since you have Baku those are the only two worth crafting.
I think you need to define the value you wish to derive from the intended crafts.

Example:
You said you already have a spellhunter deck which by itself is quite a good deck. The addition of Zuljin will provide a power turn where it generate tons of value from all the previous spells that was played. having it may help add a few % point to your current winrates/ a few ranks with it. However, if your intention is not so much towards competitiveness but different game experience, then Zuljin would not provide that.

It the same for the other herocards, in concept, where it can either provide a different game experience or competitive edge.

Once that has cleared up, I think the decision of which to craft becomes much clearer.
baku and genn are good options,as they can carry a deck by themselves more or less.
I would advise against crafting a series of ,pretty decent but not tied to specific deck, legendarys like zilliax. You will end up with a few decent legendarys but not with a decent tier 1 deck as for most good tier 1 decks you also need specific legendarys. Thalnos is another example of this in the past. Decent all around legendary,safe craft recommended but it has almost never been in competitive decks and when it was it was never a key card.
The hero cards are a good idea I think,though I would not craft dr boom as he is not that great but the other 2 look to be solid options.