Hall of Fame + Nerfs

Play Mode Discussion
I feel it is time to address a few major things to fix this game and make it new player friendly as well as to stop some really silly things like OTK and such.

Since hearthstone has no real player interaction on each turn short of secrets or counterplay, we need to fix this as well.

Make secrets triggerable, say you have a creature incoming, have a yes/no button pop up if you want it to work on said creature or spell.

Make OTK decks disappear. Uther of the ebon blades 4 horsemen and zereks cloning galle are 2 examples. If you are at 30 life and you get hit for more then 30 damage, your life total is set to 1 and you have a chance to respond next turn. Yes I know such a hard concept, but OTK is really a un-fun mechanic and many players hate it on the receiving end. Remember blood magic brawl???? Whoever went first and got the magic combo as paladin... won. No response on your part, no interaction no real PLAY.

Immune effects. Not just hall of famed but REMOVED from the game. All of them. Immune is not a part of hearthstone it is a part of WoW and even then it could be BROKEN. There are 0 neutral cards that do this. I would LOVE to see a neutral card that has a SILENCE effect that removes immune, stealth and silences an opponent in one.

Next point, silencing players and weapons. We would love a weapon silence. A player silence would also be strong shutting down said hero power for a turn.

Counter play, counter play and more counter play. This post will get heavily downrates because people will be very mad at these ideas but they are AMAZING ones.

Also we need a massive amount of cards rotate to HoF. Malygos and Leeroy are 2 off the bat. I would say at minimum all of the neutral legendary's from the standard set minus class legendary's need a rotate out. Hard enough for a new player to compete vs someone who has every... single... card. Yeah, that is how you attract new players, beat them down so hard they just... leave.

Faster HoF, faster Nerfs and make them unannounced.
12/31/2018 08:01 PMPosted by Praetorian
Make secrets triggerable, say you have a creature incoming, have a yes/no button pop up if you want it to work on said creature or spell.

This is a terrible idea. You argue that you want to increase counterplay, but allowing the user to choose when secrets are triggered is the opposite of that.

For example with a "Minion hit Face" trigger (think Freezing Trap), you would never allow it to be triggered on a minion with a good battlecry or a low cost minion that can be easily resummoned.

Mages would never counterspell a coin. Only the big spell that would beat them like a board clear, or a massive buff like Bloodlust.

Paladins would never repent a low HP minion, just the chonker that comes after them.

Make OTK decks disappear.

What would counter the ultra-greedy control decks if not for OTK's? OTK's put a clock on the game, but without that clock, the meta would be dominated purely by decks which can outlast others forever. Especially with DK's rotating, what would keep Odd Warriors in line if not for OTK decks?

Next point, silencing players and weapons. We would love a weapon silence. A player silence would also be strong shutting down said hero power for a turn.

Honestly, your only good point here. A "silence weapon" effect would be neat, especially since we don't really have to worry about a single card auto-winning against Kingsbane anymore.
Your post demonstrates that diarrhea does exist on the interwebs.
That secret idea is terrible. Some of them are waaaaaaaaaaaay too strong to let you choose. Add to that the lack of secret removals.

I would like to see some changes to secrets though. The ability to spawn Mana efficient minions is cool, but they probably shouldn't be given the ability to attack half a turn later. No counterplay otherwise.

Otk decks do suck. They need to be win conditions slow rolling. Something like Raza priest without velen.
Immune is not a part of hearthstone it is a part of WoW and even then it could be BROKEN. There are 0 neutral cards that do this. I would LOVE to see a neutral card that has a SILENCE effect that removes immune, stealth and silences an opponent in one.

Except it IS part of Hearthstone, since the beginning, and no, I'm not talking about Ice Block, but Gladiator's Longbow. As for 0 neutral cards that give immunity, what about Violet Illusionist?

Make OTK decks disappear.

What would counter the ultra-greedy control decks if not for OTK's? OTK's put a clock on the game, but without that clock, the meta would be dominated purely by decks which can outlast others forever. Especially with DK's rotating, what would keep Odd Warriors in line if not for OTK decks?

Exactly. At the end of last year's cycle the meta turned into a pure Control meta, and Dirty Rats made Combos pretty much non-existant.

Check the decklists, for example: https://www.hearthpwn.com/news/4389-copa-america-tour-stop-2018-pro-player-decklists

I watched that tournament and the amount of games where players went 5 turns just Hero powering and only playing cards to not burn stuff...

When one archetype becomes too dominant it's not good for the game.

People having been asking for a new Dirty Rat, but after thinking about it, I don't know if it would be a good idea. When it was around Combo wasn't a thing specifically because of it and Aggro couldn't in any way compete with Control, so basically Control was very favoured against Aggro and had a "I win" "tech" card against Combo. Which was also great against Control to deny value from things like Alexstrasza, Medivh, Benedictus, etc (though for them it wasn't game over as it was for Combo). Of course the meta turned into a Control one.

Hard enough for a new player to compete vs someone who has every... single... card. Yeah, that is how you attract new players, beat them down so hard they just... leave.

Faster HoF, faster Nerfs and make them unannounced.

Yeah, that's how you attract new players: frequently and randomly HoFing and nerfing cards that requires money or a lot of time to acquire, and do so without any announcement whatsoever.

Genius. How haven't they hired you yet?
People are good at detecting problems but usually overestimate their ability of solving them when they are part of a complex system with different variables. Many of the solutions presented here and on many other threads historically on this forum, address an issue on a very superficial level and never go deep enough to see what other problems they might create on the system.

Not all the suggestions in these thread are bad for the game, but a couple of them are atrocious which goes to show that the Dunning-Kruger effect is so prevalent.