A streamer using extremely abusing word against his oppenents

Play Mode Discussion
Dear all,

there is a hearthstone streamer who is swearing all the time to his opponent and humiliating , insulting very badly his opponents every single time during his stream in his mother tongue which is also my mother tongue. there are a couple of youtube videos of him. Is it okay or can i report him officially. i would understand some bad words but what he uses is extremely bad. I can not translate them here other wise i would have been banned. I can send the links and translate them officially.
@Jesse: if you connect with me i can provide you more info.

best
Yako
In general though I'd like to feel the world rebalances itself out. Meaning if he's a toxic streamer he won't get viewers or sponsorship. If he "Does" get lots of viewership and sponsors then I'll be worried... but I don't think I'll be worried of the streamer at that point and just more concerned with other people in general or the world I live in :)

Don't let me down :)
Some streamers are officially endorsed by Blizzard, but others just stream for the sake of streaming. Anyone can create a twitch account and start streaming Hearthstone content. If the streamer your referring to isn't endorsed by Blizzard then simply put, there's nothing they can do to curtail their behavior. And it's commonplace for the endorsed streamers to use rough language fairly ofen. Some use it a lot more frequently than others... often gaining them the reputation as the "salt gods". We all know who they are, and there's more one of them. Some use particular swear words far more than others, but if that bothers you you should probably just.... not watch their feed?

Seriously, Hearthstone has to get frustrating when you play it as an actual JOB, so I can understand the venting. The meta decks right now are capable of inducing rage when you're forced to play against them day in and out. Blizzard keeps general tabs on all their endorsed streamers, and whenever any of them get too far out of line Blizzard steps in and they DO suffer punishments. Streamers have been reprimanded or cut off on multiple times for inappropriate actions. But don't expect a world where everything they say is peaches and roses. They're people too and their personalities are actually part of the charm that makes people want to watch them in the first place.
Snitches get stitches.

Were his opponents all Hunters?
thank you so much for your feedbacks. i saw him always in youtube channel hearthstone moments. some salt, some reactions i would also accept but some insulting words irritating me and would like to ask. thanks again for your thoughts.
Sometimes I swear at myself.
Oh man, someone did a swear. Better fake outrage.
@jesse: "I'll get right on that respected user :D.. what?... no.. no I haven't heard anything about an emote squelch thread."
01/07/2019 12:40 PMPosted by yako
Dear all,

there is a hearthstone streamer who is swearing all the time to his opponent and humiliating , insulting very badly his opponents every single time during his stream in his mother tongue which is also my mother tongue. there are a couple of youtube videos of him. Is it okay or can i report him officially. i would understand some bad words but what he uses is extremely bad. I can not translate them here other wise i would have been banned. I can send the links and translate them officially.
@Jesse: if you connect with me i can provide you more info.

best
Yako
Swearing 24/7 is typical for a HS streamer.
what one does on his house, where his "opponent" can't hear him (he's not somehow forcing the opponent to do so), is his own buisness and has nothing to do with blizzard.

if you want to report someone for swearing over Twitch, then you should report him to Twitch, and if that's against THEIR ToS, it's their responsibility. But blizzard has nothing to do with it.
Unless the streamer has a contract with blizz, this isn't punishable by them. If you have that much of an issue with this person, your best chance for any action is reporting the streamers channel on the streaming site they use.

Don't expect action unless they were being extremely racist, sexist, or insensitive of other such heated topics.
Sigh... I can't believe we're having this conversation but...

If the player's channel is set for mature audiences only - they can swear all they want, as long as they don't break Twitch's terms of service. Think DrDisrespect or something like that.

Blizz can only do stuff about streamers they've officially endorsed.

If you wanna be the responsible Twitch user that keeps the country clean - just report his channel to Twitch. If they find something wrong - they'll take care of it.

Just please, don't assume that simply because one streamer is irritating you with their behaviour then they deserve a ban, punishment etc.

I get it, you wanna do the right thing, but sometimes the right thing is not to overreact.
So its not just me?I dont stream but I swear when I am losing.
Why are you addressing this issue on this forum? The TOS of the platform they are streaming the game dictates whether something is acceptable or not. For instance , if you set your channel to "Content determined for mature audience" it is allowed within the terms of service to use swearing , foul language etc and the person joining the channel agrees to viewing this content and there is no ground of complaining after the warning is issued. If you find it insulting you could watch something else.

Now, if you think the person is violating the TOS of their platform you can report their behaviour there and their staff will review the vods to determine the severity of the situation. When i comes to swear words , how offensive something is, is often subjective depending on context. For instance if i say "What a SOB , he topdecked his only out in 17 cards blah blah blah" and you decide to strip the insult of the context and examine how offensive the term SOB is in a vacuum you could come to the conclusion that it's a severe insult to the opponent warranting a termination of their streaming. Of, course, within the TOS of many platforms you would be very very wrong.

So first of all make sure you understand the Terms of Service of the platform the streamer was on and secondly if you still feel they were violated , take the necessary steps to report their behaviour to the administration of that platform.

Edit:
01/08/2019 04:03 AMPosted by Kinakino
These channels have thousands of kids watching them. Blizzard should not be promoting people who curse non-stop.

This isn't acceptable in broadcasting, certainly not during daytime. Why is this kind of stuff acceptable on Twitch.

This responsibility falls on the parents. You should not restrict content that is meant for mature audience under that pretext , it's a very slippery slope. Hearthstone does often promote such streamers like Thijs ,Stansifka , Kibler etc which never use swear words etc but the broadcasting of swearing is absolutely acceptable. Promoting and restricting are two very different things, especially when it comes to things that involve the source of income of some people.

Also, notice that is daytime is relative since twitch is global. It's always daytime somewhere.

It's a parent's job to restrict what their child is exposed to(and it is getting more difficult) and not the job of the world to restrict the multiple ways of expression to accommodate children.
01/08/2019 04:21 AMPosted by SlashSarcasm
For instance , if you set your channel to "Content determined for mature audience" it is allowed within the terms of service to use swearing , foul language etc

Let's not pretend like that one extra click through actually filters "mature audiences" from minors.

Twitch (and gaming companies in general) need to make a choice. Either your platform is kid-friendly, or it's not.

You can't keep having these streamers cursing 24/7, with racial, sexist and homophobic stuff, and then promoting them in your leagues.

And then having to apologize that you didn't know they said that kinda stuff. Really? You didn't know they cursed 24/7 before you sponsored them?

And I'm for free speech, if you want to say c**nt 24/7, be my guest, but do it on an appropriate platform. And Twitch, where thousands of kids watch streams every day, should not be a platform for it. Nor is gaming a great platform for it.
LOL I'd like to watch a streamer that reacts to things in game the way most of us do, including douchebag emoting. You know you do it.