Poll: So far, are you satisfied with the cards from the new expansion?

Play Mode Discussion
I'm curious as to what the split looks like. Obviously there's a very vocal group that aren't happy, but I'm wondering how many, if any here, are?

https://www.strawpoll.me/17051734
I love the new cards. I hate the last 3 expansions though that are making the meta terrible.
I think now is a very bad time to judge the expansion while powerful cards like Death Knights and Cubes are still in play.

Wait until after the big rotation, then one can take a fair look at what Rastakhan really does for the game.
Yes I am, I wish the other two expansions this year had the design and flavor like Rastakhan's Rumble. Power level may not be very high but I think cards from this expansion will see more play after rotation.
I am extremely happy. I have actually enjoyed every expansion on some level. Perhaps this is due to the fact that I play all 3 archtypes, and am not married to any particular playstyle. I will agree that the meta has been pretty stale for a while now, but if you don't try to grind the ladder that doesn't matter all that much. When I was grinding, it was annoying if there was a meta-warping deck that I would have to face again and again, like Cubelock was in its prime.

But now I don't care about all that. I've made some whacky and fun decks with many of the new cards. Definitely enjoying the Rumble.
12/15/2018 04:12 PMPosted by NightRaven
I am extremely happy. I have actually enjoyed every expansion on some level. Perhaps this is due to the fact that I play all 3 archtypes, and am not married to any particular playstyle. I will agree that the meta has been pretty stale for a while now, but if you don't try to grind the ladder that doesn't matter all that much. When I was grinding, it was annoying if there was a meta-warping deck that I would have to face again and again, like Cubelock was in its prime.

But now I don't care about all that. I've made some whacky and fun decks with many of the new cards. Definitely enjoying the Rumble.

Try harder these troll attempts are getting cringeworthy.
>14 threads on the front page about how bad the game is right now.

Clearly not. I bet if you cruise any of the 4 or so 4+ page threads on it you'll see all of our thoughts.
12/15/2018 04:16 PMPosted by Lyrist

Clearly not. I bet if you cruise any of the 4 or so 4+ page threads on it you'll see all of our thoughts.

Let's not forget the stock dropping each day, i'm sure that's because everything is great and we are just nuts lol!
12/15/2018 03:54 PMPosted by Swift
I think now is a very bad time to judge the expansion while powerful cards like Death Knights and Cubes are still in play.

Not wanting to pop a bubble but....

We gonna play it now or only after rotation?

People are really biased with the powerlevel of mammoth cards but it not means that RR is less unispired.

Those expansions really are to powerdown and prepare for next year but blizzard should be more honest about it and design it with more tech and high ultility cards instead as a form to shake up the metagame without have to do cards with the same raw power.

Like.....

Mojomaster zihi had a ton of hype around it. People love insane tech cards and if blizzard really wanted to do it in such way they probably would have sucess making deckbuild a real chaos.

Death knight and cubes aren't a reasonable reason to make a expansion with little to no impact.
Most of the top decks don't even use rastakhan cards.
I like RR but the expansion is still overshadowed more than not by K&C and KoFT. The flavor of the expansions is quite good and I feel everything outside of Paladin's Champion so far is fairly balanced. Thiekal (sp?) might be a tad too powerful for Control Paladin shell but isn't insane imho.

12/15/2018 05:28 PMPosted by Fallen
Let's not forget the stock dropping each day, i'm sure that's because everything is great and we are just nuts lol!

ActiBlizz stock has so many more issues than HS right now. Ranging from poor Call of Duty and Destiny 2 sales and reception to general market sell-off right now.
12/15/2018 09:21 PMPosted by Lykotic
I like RR but the expansion is still overshadowed more than not by K&C and KoFT. The flavor of the expansions is quite good and I feel everything outside of Paladin's Champion so far is fairly balanced. Thiekal (sp?) might be a tad too powerful for Control Paladin shell but isn't insane imho.

12/15/2018 05:28 PMPosted by Fallen

ActiBlizz stock has so many more issues than HS right now. Ranging from poor Call of Duty and Destiny 2 sales and reception to general market sell-off right now.

Yea I'm sure Hearthstone is doing just fabulous, what color is the sky today in fantasy land, Captain Obvious?

Do you always say a lot while simultaneously adding absolutely nothing to everything conversation?

Or do you truly believe that the world can't possibly get by without you pointing out mundane obvious inane details?

In your world was google never invented and you are providing that service in it's absence?
12/15/2018 10:16 PMPosted by Fallen
Do you always say a lot while simultaneously adding absolutely nothing to everything conversation?

dont worry
we all know thats your job
12/15/2018 10:25 PMPosted by Boreas
12/15/2018 10:16 PMPosted by Fallen

dont worry
we all know thats your job

Do you mean...

Pointing out the hypocrisy of the forums worst most toxic trolls who arduously defend blizzard while shooting down any suggestion that would return the game to a strategy game instead of moving it further toward an RNG crapfest?

If that's what you mean then YES!
12/15/2018 02:28 PMPosted by AlvasViseron
I'm curious as to what the split looks like. Obviously there's a very vocal group that aren't happy, but I'm wondering how many, if any here, are?

https://www.strawpoll.me/17051734

I like the flavor of the new RR cards however, I think that they will be underwhelming while KoFT is still standard. I was hoping a new beast centric Hunter would rise but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Spellhunter is strong but I love good old midrange!
how is spell hunter so strong when everyone knows exactly how to play around it?
12/15/2018 04:16 PMPosted by Lyrist

I would guess that people who are enjoying the game rarely stop to start threads about the fact that they are enjoying the new expansion. Actually, I'm going to go do that now just because I can.
I literally love Bog Slosher, Saronite Taskmaster, most of the Spirits, and the new Discard tools (which sadly I haven't been brave enough to craft yet). The list would probably be longer but I can already confirm it's been a satisfying expac overall
New set got 0 slots in most decks. Its a huge failure for the short term but may work long term when lots of op cards rotate.
I am. My Rumble cards are pretty limited just for mage because I didn't pay for this exp, but I love Blast Wave, Pyromaniac, Daring Fire-Eater and Jan'alai.

Pyromaniac is just a freaking 5/5 card and instantly one of the best 3 drops ever. With Fire-Eater it's 6 mana 4/5 deal 4 dmg and draw a card.

Blast Wave is surprisingly effective on turn 5 even though it's only 2 dmg. Combo it with Voodoo Doll and there, you have guaranteed kill and mage spell + possibly more.

Jan'alai I think is the most balanced legendary of this set. Or close. It's so powerful you have to get rid of it, because after all it's Rag with extra 4/4 body. Thing is, current year Hearthstone doesn't really care about one Ragnaros. It had to be like resummoned over and over again so it could battle against Shudderwock or something serious.