Great another xpac that favors control

Play Mode Discussion
Yea awesome a bunch of strong control options for decks that already have ridiculous control options available to them!

No good new aggro tools though so thats a blast. Guess it's at least 3 more months of a couple odd decks and zoolocks as the only viable form of "aggro". If you dont have infinite draw or infinite dudes you just can't play anything remotely aggressive. Hopefully blizzard will actually release some viable legitimate aggro tools next year.

I'm certainly not holding my breath.
I really don't want Blizz to buff aggro, given how slow they are with balance changes. I'm just afraid they'll screw the game like they did in MSoG. It was literally unplayable, percisely because of ridiculous aggro support.
Blame Patches mate

You want aggro support? Well when they gave it to you, it broke the game.
Dead by turn 5 consistently is the epitome of a bad player experience.

Aggro has plenty of support, like heaps and heaps of support but lacks the same thing all aggro archetypes lacked until and since Patches and that’s consistent openings.
If aggro had a consistent opening every game like Patches it would ruin the game again.
Aggro lock (always been a thing) is doing okay and Baku Pally which has been in the game for a while is doing just fine and still a top tier deck able to go 10+ wins undefeated. Not really sure where you think aggro is dead.

Blizz also nerfed the warrior 'duplicate dragons' legendary to 4 mana for the explicit purpose of not getting an auto include in every odd dragon deck, which is by definition control.

Are you just pissed off because now your games last 15 minutes instead of 5? Try playing Artifact *eye roll*
12/06/2018 06:13 PMPosted by Madman357357
Guess it's at least 3 more months of a couple odd decks and zoolocks as the only viable form of "aggro".

You have to play decks that actually require some thought, boohoo.
Sorry but the brain dead decks need to go you need to actually you put some thought into what you do
There is nothing more brain dread than a control deck right now. Just puking out extremely high value control and stall cards turn after turn after turn until you hit your win condition that's either an uncounterable combo or a swing so enormous the opponent can't do anything about it.

Aggro decks have always required more thought than control because value trading and managing resources actually matter because aggro tools are always underpowered value wise as opposed to controls tools.

But by all means keep drinking that blizzard cool aid so we can continue having insanely polarizing metas and BS like odd paladin and combo druid running the game instead of ever having decks that require some strategy or critical thought.
What the heck else are you supposed to do? Midrange is absolutely unplayable given the insane powercreep of aggro type decks. There are WAAAAAAAY too many cheap as heck taunt minions, game snowballs like crazy. And against hunter ... with a hyena turn 2 ... I don't think there's a whole one minion that can save you from the hell you're about to face (bloody card is as broken as undertaker).

I hate the insane win conditions that control has. I hate the insane snowball of aggro. This game is in just an abosolutely terrible place and it's not going to get better. The last set will rotate out and we'll still have the abominations that are warlock holding up control and hunter holding up aggro. It's just trash and the only thing that can save it is surgery. Blizzard is too lazy for that.
I remember Pirate Warrior. And Face Hunter before that.
A single aggro deck that ruled the meta, and it was usually over by Turn 5/6.

No thank you.
and yet aggro still rules the roost..... go figure....
gotta love the hearthstone forums, one day its everyone playing control and whiners complaining about a control meta, the next the day the opposite when aggro takes a foothold for a few days, my god brew some decks enjoy the game and what you like these forums are sad.
12/07/2018 03:56 PMPosted by Madman357357

Aggro decks have always required more thought than control because value trading and managing resources actually matter because aggro tools are always underpowered value wise as opposed to controls tools.

[/quote]

Then why pray tell, do botters almost unanimously run nothing but aggro decks? It's because the stupidest AI can pull off a +50% win rate with them in every meta.

If you think aggro requires skill to play then it's obvious you have none yourself.
12/08/2018 12:10 AMPosted by Grimm

[/quote]

Then why pray tell, do botters almost unanimously run nothing but aggro decks? It's because the stupidest AI can pull off a +50% win rate with them in every meta.

If you think aggro requires skill to play then it's obvious you have none yourself.

Aggro takes as much skill as anything else. You just need to understand what play style you need to play to get the most out of your deck.
Zoo for example is a extremely skill testing deck. It’s also besides mid range Hunter one of the best decks to teach new players how to play Hearthstone.
It teaches you how to use your resources effectively, when to tap, when to trade, when to go face. All the aspects of the basics of Hearthstone.

If played properly Zoo can take you all the way to Legend with no bad matchups if you know how to play the deck correctly.

You cannot say is not skill testing when you can easily loose to Druids Mages anything that’s defensive. But if you know what your doing you can beat pretty much everything.
12/08/2018 12:10 AMPosted by Grimm

[/quote]

guy who calls others stupid cannot figure out why botters prefer 5 min games to 30 min games

:o
12/08/2018 01:16 AMPosted by xFoobs

Aggro takes as much skill as anything else. You just need to understand what play style you need to play to get the most out of your deck.

That's what you say, that's fine but that's not what i experienced.

I put together aggro deck, like odd paladin, or the old token druid and start having decent win rate even on the first games i played with.

Control deck however demand a lot more time to learn and do well for me. For example, i lost a lot trying to learn dead man's hand warrior, took me a while to figure out the best way to play the deck, what and when to shuffle etc...
12/08/2018 01:55 AMPosted by Vankrys
12/08/2018 01:16 AMPosted by xFoobs

That's what you say, that's fine but that's not what i experienced.

I put together aggro deck, like odd paladin, or the old token druid and start having decent win rate even on the first games i played with.

Control deck however demand a lot more time to learn and do well for me. For example, i lost a lot trying to learn dead man's hand warrior, took me a while to figure out the best way to play the deck, what and when to shuffle etc...

I can definitely agree. Kingsbane and Quest Rogue for example were extremely powerful decks but were also really skill testing decks which showed in their win rates and their prominence in Legend where for the most part died off in lower ranks. In the right hands were lethal decks.
Similar to APM Priest when it saw small amounts of play.

Aggro is skill testing in a similar way but with different decisions.
Control decks have decisions over turns to set up their game plans. Or have key turns to decide the outcome of games.

Aggro has those turns but they happen on turns 1-5 and in most cases a single turn decides the outcome of the game.

An example in Zoo it’s turn 4. Do you over extend and hope they don’t have an answer in Aoe and push face and play out your minions. Or do you value trade, play it safe and extend the game a few more turns knowing the longer the game goes on the worse odds you have of winning.
Do you roll the dice or play it safe?
It could very well decide the outcome of the game with just that decision.
Experience with the deck and experience in what your facing makes these kind of decisions skill testing in a big way. Especially at a high level when every game could mean top 100 Legend or not regardless of the matchup, you want to maximise your odds of winning every game.

Me personally I tend to play controlling style decks more than aggresive decks because it suits my playstyle.
I enjoy controlling the game and hand tracking whats been played and what to play around, odds of him having certain cards on curve and whether it’s worth playing around. And a whole lot more. That’s what I enjoy and find skill testing in my games
12/08/2018 01:55 AMPosted by Vankrys
Control deck however demand a lot more time to learn and do well for me.

learning curves are different si ce the strategy isn't to play minions and attack but rather survive until fatigue

but once you know that it gets pretty easy: in fact, all games using whichever deck get pretty easy once you know what you are playing, the only thing that really takes up skill is how to play against your bad matchups -that's the thing that will matter to say you are an average or above player, not the deck you play since ALL of them are quite mechanical unless heavily RNG dependent
There is nothing more brain dread than a control deck right now. Just puking out extremely high value control and stall cards turn after turn after turn until you hit your win condition that's either an uncounterable combo or a swing so enormous the opponent can't do anything about it.

But by all means keep drinking that blizzard cool aid so we can continue having insanely polarizing metas and BS like odd paladin and combo druid running the game instead of ever having decks that require some strategy or critical thought.

Aggro:
    Do I have minions in hand? Vomit them onto the board as quickly as possible.
    Do I have minions on the board? Face is the Place.
    Do I have removal in hand? Use it on a taunt minion, if they don't have a taunt minion only use it if you don't have a minion to spend that mana on.

If you think aggro has more viable choices available to them than control then you aren't paying attention. Value trading matters less to aggro because if the game goes long then they are almost certain to lose even if they have traded well up to that point.
12/08/2018 08:36 AMPosted by Perfidious
Value trading matters less to aggro

depends on the matchup: against other aggro it matters, against combo/control of course not
12/08/2018 08:36 AMPosted by Perfidious

Aggro:
    Do I have minions in hand? Vomit them onto the board as quickly as possible.
    Do I have minions on the board? Face is the Place.
    Do I have removal in hand? Use it on a taunt minion, if they don't have a taunt minion only use it if you don't have a minion to spend that mana on.

If you think aggro has more viable choices available to them than control then you aren't paying attention. Value trading matters less to aggro because if the game goes long then they are almost certain to lose even if they have traded well up to that point.

You must be, like worst Aggro player ever :)